Promoting Barbados holidays in Brazil with best of Barbados culture
A new painting reflecting the best of Barbados' culture will be soon gracing the walls of Barbados' new embassy in Brasilia, Brazil. The gift came from Barbadian artist and Honorary Consul of Portugal to Barbados, Catherine Forter Chee-a-Tow.
Another small step signalling a big achievement for the Barbados holiday industry has been taken as the Caribbean island opened its new embassy in Brazil. Helping to bring awareness of Barbados holidays to the Brazilian market, in conjunction with the new embassy opening a gift from Portugal portraying the vibrancy of the country and the richness of its culture was hanged on the new premises.
"Bridgetown Market", the title of a painting by Artist and Honorary Consul of Portugal to Barbados, Catherine Forter Chee-a-Tow will be gracing the walls of Barbados' new Embassy in Brazil, as a gift that reflects the best of Barbados holidays and beautifully represents the country's rich culture.
Artist and Honorary Consul of Portugal to Barbados, Catherine Forter Chee-a-Tow presented her gift to Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Maxine McClean during a brief ceremony that took place yesterday morning. Commenting on her piece of art and how it would help give viewers a true picture of what Barbados holidays were all about she said that "she understood the importance of our country's presence overseas and strived to increase art's dynamic role in promoting Barbados' culture abroad."
Senator McClean in turn praised the magnificent piece and maintained it depicted a "wonderful piece of old Barbadiana", something the artist was quite familiar with.
"This painting not only captured activity, it also captured the entrepreneurial spirit of Barbados and Barbadians. And I believe, especially in these times when we are encouraging such a spirit of entrepreneurship, it reminds us of the importance of that...
"In terms of our initiatives in Brazil - entrepreneurship, business and commercial activity are important. And from a cultural standpoint as well, we need to encourage our young Barbadians to see art and things related to art as an important endeavour from the point of view of cultural expression," she said expressing her opinion.
Chee-a-Tow added that by partnering with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through the permanent placement into the new Embassy, in Brasilia, Brazil, the "Bridgetown Market", would encourage cross-cultural understanding within the diplomatic community and of course among the international public who would get a clear picture of the many great aspects of Barbados holidays all rolled into one single and beautiful painting.
"I extend best wishes to our first Ambassador to Brazil, Yvette Goddard, and hope that "Bridgetown Market" assists her silently, by visually sharing with the people of Brazil, the most important aspect of our culture - our people" - she said on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Free room upgrade to next available room
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Sugar Bay is perfect for travelling solo, enjoying a romantic getaway or special family escape
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- Enjoy a Hot Summer now on with savings of upto 40% plus $20 Spa Credit per person
- Ideally located only 15 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the capital, Bridgetown
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...