Hotel chain encourages guests to enjoy luxury diving holidays
Travellers seeking luxury diving holidays will now have a selection of ecological experience to choose from as luxury hotel group, Fairmont, and the National Geographic Society team up to offer tourists packages with underwater activities.
The Global Explorer Series are being offered by the two companies to attract diving enthusiasts to enjoy luxury diving holidays whilst staying at Riviera Maya hotels. The new excursions being offered by Fairmont hotels to guests on Riviera Maya holidays include scuba diving, boat trips, underwater photography, presentations from celebrity explorers, and magnificent tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
This is the second year that Fairmont and the National Geographic Society have operated the Global Explorer Series excursions and this year they have updated the excursions to include underwater activities.
A spokesperson from Fairmont said:
"Oceans cover more than 70 percent of the Earth's surface. Fairmont believes that if you're not getting underwater, you're missing out on a whole lot of action."
Travellers looking for luxury diving holidays can experience the wonders that lie beneath Mexico's ocean with a trip to Riviera Maya where they can meet leading US Scientist, Sylvia Earle, and experience a guided tour to the largest known coastal Mayan archaeological site.
Many other luxury hotel chains have introduced similar "Experience" packages to their guests over recent years. Hilton offer professional guidance with golf, diving and skiing packages; French hotel chain Accor offer local food picnic packages which have been prepared by their talented chefs; and Design Hotels have launched a road trip package in association with a car rental company.
As well as offering luxury diving holidays, the Global Explorer Series excursions include snorkelling around the Big Island of Hawaii with the Fairmont Orchid's team of professionals; learning about Mayan approach to natural medicines and conservation of species from Ethnobotanist Maria Fadiman; a trip to the banks and waterways of the Elbe River in Hamburg with national Geographic ecologist, T.H Culhane; discovering the underwater world of freshwater wildlife in Singapore with marine biologist and filmographer, Tierney Thys; and trekking through the freshwater jungles of the Mayan Cenotes with underwater cave expert, Dr. Kenny Broad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...