Hotel chain encourages guests to enjoy luxury diving holidays
Travellers seeking luxury diving holidays will now have a selection of ecological experience to choose from as luxury hotel group, Fairmont, and the National Geographic Society team up to offer tourists packages with underwater activities.
The Global Explorer Series are being offered by the two companies to attract diving enthusiasts to enjoy luxury diving holidays whilst staying at Riviera Maya hotels. The new excursions being offered by Fairmont hotels to guests on Riviera Maya holidays include scuba diving, boat trips, underwater photography, presentations from celebrity explorers, and magnificent tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
This is the second year that Fairmont and the National Geographic Society have operated the Global Explorer Series excursions and this year they have updated the excursions to include underwater activities.
A spokesperson from Fairmont said:
"Oceans cover more than 70 percent of the Earth's surface. Fairmont believes that if you're not getting underwater, you're missing out on a whole lot of action."
Travellers looking for luxury diving holidays can experience the wonders that lie beneath Mexico's ocean with a trip to Riviera Maya where they can meet leading US Scientist, Sylvia Earle, and experience a guided tour to the largest known coastal Mayan archaeological site.
Many other luxury hotel chains have introduced similar "Experience" packages to their guests over recent years. Hilton offer professional guidance with golf, diving and skiing packages; French hotel chain Accor offer local food picnic packages which have been prepared by their talented chefs; and Design Hotels have launched a road trip package in association with a car rental company.
As well as offering luxury diving holidays, the Global Explorer Series excursions include snorkelling around the Big Island of Hawaii with the Fairmont Orchid's team of professionals; learning about Mayan approach to natural medicines and conservation of species from Ethnobotanist Maria Fadiman; a trip to the banks and waterways of the Elbe River in Hamburg with national Geographic ecologist, T.H Culhane; discovering the underwater world of freshwater wildlife in Singapore with marine biologist and filmographer, Tierney Thys; and trekking through the freshwater jungles of the Mayan Cenotes with underwater cave expert, Dr. Kenny Broad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...