Hotel chain encourages guests to enjoy luxury diving holidays
Travellers seeking luxury diving holidays will now have a selection of ecological experience to choose from as luxury hotel group, Fairmont, and the National Geographic Society team up to offer tourists packages with underwater activities.
The Global Explorer Series are being offered by the two companies to attract diving enthusiasts to enjoy luxury diving holidays whilst staying at Riviera Maya hotels. The new excursions being offered by Fairmont hotels to guests on Riviera Maya holidays include scuba diving, boat trips, underwater photography, presentations from celebrity explorers, and magnificent tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
This is the second year that Fairmont and the National Geographic Society have operated the Global Explorer Series excursions and this year they have updated the excursions to include underwater activities.
A spokesperson from Fairmont said:
"Oceans cover more than 70 percent of the Earth's surface. Fairmont believes that if you're not getting underwater, you're missing out on a whole lot of action."
Travellers looking for luxury diving holidays can experience the wonders that lie beneath Mexico's ocean with a trip to Riviera Maya where they can meet leading US Scientist, Sylvia Earle, and experience a guided tour to the largest known coastal Mayan archaeological site.
Many other luxury hotel chains have introduced similar "Experience" packages to their guests over recent years. Hilton offer professional guidance with golf, diving and skiing packages; French hotel chain Accor offer local food picnic packages which have been prepared by their talented chefs; and Design Hotels have launched a road trip package in association with a car rental company.
As well as offering luxury diving holidays, the Global Explorer Series excursions include snorkelling around the Big Island of Hawaii with the Fairmont Orchid's team of professionals; learning about Mayan approach to natural medicines and conservation of species from Ethnobotanist Maria Fadiman; a trip to the banks and waterways of the Elbe River in Hamburg with national Geographic ecologist, T.H Culhane; discovering the underwater world of freshwater wildlife in Singapore with marine biologist and filmographer, Tierney Thys; and trekking through the freshwater jungles of the Mayan Cenotes with underwater cave expert, Dr. Kenny Broad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...