Hotel chain encourages guests to enjoy luxury diving holidays
Travellers seeking luxury diving holidays will now have a selection of ecological experience to choose from as luxury hotel group, Fairmont, and the National Geographic Society team up to offer tourists packages with underwater activities.
The Global Explorer Series are being offered by the two companies to attract diving enthusiasts to enjoy luxury diving holidays whilst staying at Riviera Maya hotels. The new excursions being offered by Fairmont hotels to guests on Riviera Maya holidays include scuba diving, boat trips, underwater photography, presentations from celebrity explorers, and magnificent tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
This is the second year that Fairmont and the National Geographic Society have operated the Global Explorer Series excursions and this year they have updated the excursions to include underwater activities.
A spokesperson from Fairmont said:
"Oceans cover more than 70 percent of the Earth's surface. Fairmont believes that if you're not getting underwater, you're missing out on a whole lot of action."
Travellers looking for luxury diving holidays can experience the wonders that lie beneath Mexico's ocean with a trip to Riviera Maya where they can meet leading US Scientist, Sylvia Earle, and experience a guided tour to the largest known coastal Mayan archaeological site.
Many other luxury hotel chains have introduced similar "Experience" packages to their guests over recent years. Hilton offer professional guidance with golf, diving and skiing packages; French hotel chain Accor offer local food picnic packages which have been prepared by their talented chefs; and Design Hotels have launched a road trip package in association with a car rental company.
As well as offering luxury diving holidays, the Global Explorer Series excursions include snorkelling around the Big Island of Hawaii with the Fairmont Orchid's team of professionals; learning about Mayan approach to natural medicines and conservation of species from Ethnobotanist Maria Fadiman; a trip to the banks and waterways of the Elbe River in Hamburg with national Geographic ecologist, T.H Culhane; discovering the underwater world of freshwater wildlife in Singapore with marine biologist and filmographer, Tierney Thys; and trekking through the freshwater jungles of the Mayan Cenotes with underwater cave expert, Dr. Kenny Broad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...