India's first marina opens to yachting enthusiasts on India holidays
Travellers on taking their yachts on India holidays will be pleased to hear that India's first marina as been completed in Kochi in the coastal state of Kerala and will offer 37 berths to yachting visitors to the Harbour City.
Boating enthusiasts on holidays to India can enjoy the excellent position of the marina which is attached to the shoreline of the first class Government run Bolgatty Palace Hotel with its stunning tree-scattered lawns and refreshing swimming pool.
The new Kochi International Marina is the only marina available to travellers taking India holidays on yachts and boats between Egypt and South East Asia. The travellers sailing the long distance will have access to maintenance, fuel, electricity, sewage pump-out, and water facilities at the conveniently located marina.
Marina development company, Ocean Blue Marinas, constructed, designed, planned and installed the project and are all responsible for the marina management and providing services for the Kochi International Marina. The dedicated team will be on hand to service yachts, catamarans, and boats, and offer maintenance and repair services for local yachts as well as visiting travellers on boating holidays in India.
Kochi has welcomed a number of luxury yachts over the years that are en route from and to West Asia, Far East and Gulf regions. Close to the international maritime route which is on the south west coast of the Indian Peninsula, Kochi is located in the prime place and also provides an International Airport and world class natural Port which both welcome thousands of visitors on India holidays each year.
Kochi International Marina is a venture run by Kerala Tourism Development Corporation and is scheduled to open on 24 April 2010.
So far, the marina has 37 berthing facilities for luxury yachts, boats and catamarans, but the second phase will see the number of berths increased to 50.
The new marina project is hoping to see large number so travellers on luxury yachting India holidays despite the unfortunate ongoing piracy issues in the waters of Somalia. Ocean Blue is India's only institutionalised boat company and offers a wide range of leisure boating activities including manufacturing, infrastructure, charters, sales and marketing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Spend your days exploring some of the country's most iconic landmarks and spectacular sights on this tour of a lifetime
- Visit the famous Heritage Village of Pragpur, Home to the famous Kangra School of Paintings
- Travel into the famous Himalayas and you will witness the region's rich heritage, breathtaking views and culture
- During the tour, you will visit some of India's most famous monuments including the Golden Temple, India Gate, Qutub Minar and much more
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...