India's first marina opens to yachting enthusiasts on India holidays
Travellers on taking their yachts on India holidays will be pleased to hear that India's first marina as been completed in Kochi in the coastal state of Kerala and will offer 37 berths to yachting visitors to the Harbour City.
Boating enthusiasts on holidays to India can enjoy the excellent position of the marina which is attached to the shoreline of the first class Government run Bolgatty Palace Hotel with its stunning tree-scattered lawns and refreshing swimming pool.
The new Kochi International Marina is the only marina available to travellers taking India holidays on yachts and boats between Egypt and South East Asia. The travellers sailing the long distance will have access to maintenance, fuel, electricity, sewage pump-out, and water facilities at the conveniently located marina.
Marina development company, Ocean Blue Marinas, constructed, designed, planned and installed the project and are all responsible for the marina management and providing services for the Kochi International Marina. The dedicated team will be on hand to service yachts, catamarans, and boats, and offer maintenance and repair services for local yachts as well as visiting travellers on boating holidays in India.
Kochi has welcomed a number of luxury yachts over the years that are en route from and to West Asia, Far East and Gulf regions. Close to the international maritime route which is on the south west coast of the Indian Peninsula, Kochi is located in the prime place and also provides an International Airport and world class natural Port which both welcome thousands of visitors on India holidays each year.
Kochi International Marina is a venture run by Kerala Tourism Development Corporation and is scheduled to open on 24 April 2010.
So far, the marina has 37 berthing facilities for luxury yachts, boats and catamarans, but the second phase will see the number of berths increased to 50.
The new marina project is hoping to see large number so travellers on luxury yachting India holidays despite the unfortunate ongoing piracy issues in the waters of Somalia. Ocean Blue is India's only institutionalised boat company and offers a wide range of leisure boating activities including manufacturing, infrastructure, charters, sales and marketing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy the highlights of Cochin, Periyar National Park and Alleppey which is on everyones must-visit list for Kerala
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Add on private tours from an extra Â£99 per person, Â£300Â off the Âusual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
- Add a 7-night Golden Triangle tour (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur) from Â£499 per person
- Add three nights at the beachfront Samudra hotel in Kovalam, with breakfast, from Â£170 more per person including transfers
- Enjoy various extras on the tour including Half day sightseeing of Cochin, Kathakali dance performance, boat ride on Lake Periya and Guided walk through a Spice plantation
- The Houseboat offers a floating holiday on the backwaters highway with Rainbow Cruises and is perhaps the most enchanting holiday experience in the world
- English speaking guide will be available throughout your once in a life-time trip
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Journey on the fastest train in India, the country's very own 'Bullet Train' that was launched in April 2016
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...