Pound decline increases demand for all inclusive holidays
As the pound continues to weaken and many travellers are seeking value for money all inclusive holidays this year, tailor-made tour operator and retailer, Travelmood, has launched its first All Inclusive brochure for tourists seeking budget breaks.
Holidays in Sri Lanka have been known for their value for money over the years but as the British pound loses its value many travellers are facing poorer exchange rates and are spending less in the region.
Managing Director of Travelmood, Rad Sofronijevic, said:
"Long-haul favourites such as Sri Lanka, Costa Rica, Bali and Egypt have traditionally enjoyed a reputation for being easy on the wallet when it comes to spending money locally. However, the weakening British Pound means that the exchange rates in these destinations aren't as favourable as they once were.
"The shrinking pound and the constant currency fluctuations make it difficult for British customers to predict what their holiday spend will amount to because they don't know what the exchange rate will be by the time their getaway comes around."
The declining pound is affecting resorts and hotels which accommodate travellers taking Caribbean, Mexico and Maldives holidays because guests often tip in dollars. The pound dropped 12 percent against the US dollar between November 2009 and March 2010, which is the peak season for these regions.
The new All Inclusive brochure will feature a range of all inclusive holidays to long haul destinations all over the world including Egypt, Bali, the Caribbean, Maldives, Mexico, East Africa, Brazil, Mauritius, and will even include packages such as Costa Rica all inclusive tours.
"In launching our first All Inclusive brochure, we are now able to offer customers who are worried about the dwindling value of the Pound in their favourite long-haul hot spot, the option to control their budget by paying for everything up front. As a tailor-made specialist we can also cater for customers who want to combine an All Inclusive break with a wider holiday itinerary. One of our Bali All Inclusives, for example, would pair very well with an Australia holiday."
The all inclusive packages are based on two people sharing and are charged per person. They include flight, transfers, accommodation, meals, drinks and watersport activities at the resorts as well as a range of facilities and additional services offered by individual resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...