Pound decline increases demand for all inclusive holidays
As the pound continues to weaken and many travellers are seeking value for money all inclusive holidays this year, tailor-made tour operator and retailer, Travelmood, has launched its first All Inclusive brochure for tourists seeking budget breaks.
Holidays in Sri Lanka have been known for their value for money over the years but as the British pound loses its value many travellers are facing poorer exchange rates and are spending less in the region.
Managing Director of Travelmood, Rad Sofronijevic, said:
"Long-haul favourites such as Sri Lanka, Costa Rica, Bali and Egypt have traditionally enjoyed a reputation for being easy on the wallet when it comes to spending money locally. However, the weakening British Pound means that the exchange rates in these destinations aren't as favourable as they once were.
"The shrinking pound and the constant currency fluctuations make it difficult for British customers to predict what their holiday spend will amount to because they don't know what the exchange rate will be by the time their getaway comes around."
The declining pound is affecting resorts and hotels which accommodate travellers taking Caribbean, Mexico and Maldives holidays because guests often tip in dollars. The pound dropped 12 percent against the US dollar between November 2009 and March 2010, which is the peak season for these regions.
The new All Inclusive brochure will feature a range of all inclusive holidays to long haul destinations all over the world including Egypt, Bali, the Caribbean, Maldives, Mexico, East Africa, Brazil, Mauritius, and will even include packages such as Costa Rica all inclusive tours.
"In launching our first All Inclusive brochure, we are now able to offer customers who are worried about the dwindling value of the Pound in their favourite long-haul hot spot, the option to control their budget by paying for everything up front. As a tailor-made specialist we can also cater for customers who want to combine an All Inclusive break with a wider holiday itinerary. One of our Bali All Inclusives, for example, would pair very well with an Australia holiday."
The all inclusive packages are based on two people sharing and are charged per person. They include flight, transfers, accommodation, meals, drinks and watersport activities at the resorts as well as a range of facilities and additional services offered by individual resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...