Pound decline increases demand for all inclusive holidays
As the pound continues to weaken and many travellers are seeking value for money all inclusive holidays this year, tailor-made tour operator and retailer, Travelmood, has launched its first All Inclusive brochure for tourists seeking budget breaks.
Holidays in Sri Lanka have been known for their value for money over the years but as the British pound loses its value many travellers are facing poorer exchange rates and are spending less in the region.
Managing Director of Travelmood, Rad Sofronijevic, said:
"Long-haul favourites such as Sri Lanka, Costa Rica, Bali and Egypt have traditionally enjoyed a reputation for being easy on the wallet when it comes to spending money locally. However, the weakening British Pound means that the exchange rates in these destinations aren't as favourable as they once were.
"The shrinking pound and the constant currency fluctuations make it difficult for British customers to predict what their holiday spend will amount to because they don't know what the exchange rate will be by the time their getaway comes around."
The declining pound is affecting resorts and hotels which accommodate travellers taking Caribbean, Mexico and Maldives holidays because guests often tip in dollars. The pound dropped 12 percent against the US dollar between November 2009 and March 2010, which is the peak season for these regions.
The new All Inclusive brochure will feature a range of all inclusive holidays to long haul destinations all over the world including Egypt, Bali, the Caribbean, Maldives, Mexico, East Africa, Brazil, Mauritius, and will even include packages such as Costa Rica all inclusive tours.
"In launching our first All Inclusive brochure, we are now able to offer customers who are worried about the dwindling value of the Pound in their favourite long-haul hot spot, the option to control their budget by paying for everything up front. As a tailor-made specialist we can also cater for customers who want to combine an All Inclusive break with a wider holiday itinerary. One of our Bali All Inclusives, for example, would pair very well with an Australia holiday."
The all inclusive packages are based on two people sharing and are charged per person. They include flight, transfers, accommodation, meals, drinks and watersport activities at the resorts as well as a range of facilities and additional services offered by individual resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...