Banyan Tree to provide luxury holidays at desert resort
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts are looking to expand away from their Dubai holidays market and enter the desert tourism industry by opening up a new luxury resort and spa in the desert United Arab Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree Holdings, Ho Kwon Ping, said:
"We are familiar with beach and mountain resorts. More hotels need to enter desert tourism for it to become a particular kind of tourism in its own right... just like jungle or rainforest tourism popularised in Central America."
The Banyan Tree Al Wadi will be expected to attract high end travellers on luxury holidays and will feature the 100m long Al Sahari Tented Pool Villa and a huge thermal spa with a range of relaxing and luxury treatments and services.The environmental diversity and close proximity to Dubai makes Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) a great location for a luxury hotel.
RAK also has its own airport located just 45 minutes away from Dubai International Airport which allows travellers on Dubai holidays to experience the environment, beaches, and deserts as well as shopping in Dubai city – all in just one holiday.
Ping believes that the two emirates compliment each other well and said: "We wanted to be located in a place that had an international airport.
"Dubai trumps in urban development while RAK has a low density ... the right place for a Banyan Tree."
Ping also wants to work closely with the owner of the resort, Karkeen, to help expand and preserve the natural reserve and its exciting local wildlife. People from the local community have also been employed by the hotel to help bring further opportunities to the region.
"The emirate is relatively underdeveloped too so you can experience a sense of what the UAE's culture is like," Ping added. "We intend this to be not just a place for people to come to and sit in the sun but a place for them to really understand what desert culture and environment is truly like.
"The beaches and the particular colour of the desert and local vegetation is spectacular... Then there is the stark austere beauty of nearby Oman, which is quite different from anywhere else in the world."
Banyan Tree currently own and operate a number of boutique hotels and resorts providing travellers with the choice of luxury Thailand, China, Maldives, Indonesia, Korea, Seychelles, Mexico and United Arab Emirates and Dubai holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...