Banyan Tree to provide luxury holidays at desert resort
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts are looking to expand away from their Dubai holidays market and enter the desert tourism industry by opening up a new luxury resort and spa in the desert United Arab Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree Holdings, Ho Kwon Ping, said:
"We are familiar with beach and mountain resorts. More hotels need to enter desert tourism for it to become a particular kind of tourism in its own right... just like jungle or rainforest tourism popularised in Central America."
The Banyan Tree Al Wadi will be expected to attract high end travellers on luxury holidays and will feature the 100m long Al Sahari Tented Pool Villa and a huge thermal spa with a range of relaxing and luxury treatments and services.The environmental diversity and close proximity to Dubai makes Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) a great location for a luxury hotel.
RAK also has its own airport located just 45 minutes away from Dubai International Airport which allows travellers on Dubai holidays to experience the environment, beaches, and deserts as well as shopping in Dubai city – all in just one holiday.
Ping believes that the two emirates compliment each other well and said: "We wanted to be located in a place that had an international airport.
"Dubai trumps in urban development while RAK has a low density ... the right place for a Banyan Tree."
Ping also wants to work closely with the owner of the resort, Karkeen, to help expand and preserve the natural reserve and its exciting local wildlife. People from the local community have also been employed by the hotel to help bring further opportunities to the region.
"The emirate is relatively underdeveloped too so you can experience a sense of what the UAE's culture is like," Ping added. "We intend this to be not just a place for people to come to and sit in the sun but a place for them to really understand what desert culture and environment is truly like.
"The beaches and the particular colour of the desert and local vegetation is spectacular... Then there is the stark austere beauty of nearby Oman, which is quite different from anywhere else in the world."
Banyan Tree currently own and operate a number of boutique hotels and resorts providing travellers with the choice of luxury Thailand, China, Maldives, Indonesia, Korea, Seychelles, Mexico and United Arab Emirates and Dubai holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...