Banyan Tree to provide luxury holidays at desert resort
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts are looking to expand away from their Dubai holidays market and enter the desert tourism industry by opening up a new luxury resort and spa in the desert United Arab Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree Holdings, Ho Kwon Ping, said:
"We are familiar with beach and mountain resorts. More hotels need to enter desert tourism for it to become a particular kind of tourism in its own right... just like jungle or rainforest tourism popularised in Central America."
The Banyan Tree Al Wadi will be expected to attract high end travellers on luxury holidays and will feature the 100m long Al Sahari Tented Pool Villa and a huge thermal spa with a range of relaxing and luxury treatments and services.The environmental diversity and close proximity to Dubai makes Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) a great location for a luxury hotel.
RAK also has its own airport located just 45 minutes away from Dubai International Airport which allows travellers on Dubai holidays to experience the environment, beaches, and deserts as well as shopping in Dubai city – all in just one holiday.
Ping believes that the two emirates compliment each other well and said: "We wanted to be located in a place that had an international airport.
"Dubai trumps in urban development while RAK has a low density ... the right place for a Banyan Tree."
Ping also wants to work closely with the owner of the resort, Karkeen, to help expand and preserve the natural reserve and its exciting local wildlife. People from the local community have also been employed by the hotel to help bring further opportunities to the region.
"The emirate is relatively underdeveloped too so you can experience a sense of what the UAE's culture is like," Ping added. "We intend this to be not just a place for people to come to and sit in the sun but a place for them to really understand what desert culture and environment is truly like.
"The beaches and the particular colour of the desert and local vegetation is spectacular... Then there is the stark austere beauty of nearby Oman, which is quite different from anywhere else in the world."
Banyan Tree currently own and operate a number of boutique hotels and resorts providing travellers with the choice of luxury Thailand, China, Maldives, Indonesia, Korea, Seychelles, Mexico and United Arab Emirates and Dubai holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...