Banyan Tree to provide luxury holidays at desert resort
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts are looking to expand away from their Dubai holidays market and enter the desert tourism industry by opening up a new luxury resort and spa in the desert United Arab Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree Holdings, Ho Kwon Ping, said:
"We are familiar with beach and mountain resorts. More hotels need to enter desert tourism for it to become a particular kind of tourism in its own right... just like jungle or rainforest tourism popularised in Central America."
The Banyan Tree Al Wadi will be expected to attract high end travellers on luxury holidays and will feature the 100m long Al Sahari Tented Pool Villa and a huge thermal spa with a range of relaxing and luxury treatments and services.The environmental diversity and close proximity to Dubai makes Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) a great location for a luxury hotel.
RAK also has its own airport located just 45 minutes away from Dubai International Airport which allows travellers on Dubai holidays to experience the environment, beaches, and deserts as well as shopping in Dubai city – all in just one holiday.
Ping believes that the two emirates compliment each other well and said: "We wanted to be located in a place that had an international airport.
"Dubai trumps in urban development while RAK has a low density ... the right place for a Banyan Tree."
Ping also wants to work closely with the owner of the resort, Karkeen, to help expand and preserve the natural reserve and its exciting local wildlife. People from the local community have also been employed by the hotel to help bring further opportunities to the region.
"The emirate is relatively underdeveloped too so you can experience a sense of what the UAE's culture is like," Ping added. "We intend this to be not just a place for people to come to and sit in the sun but a place for them to really understand what desert culture and environment is truly like.
"The beaches and the particular colour of the desert and local vegetation is spectacular... Then there is the stark austere beauty of nearby Oman, which is quite different from anywhere else in the world."
Banyan Tree currently own and operate a number of boutique hotels and resorts providing travellers with the choice of luxury Thailand, China, Maldives, Indonesia, Korea, Seychelles, Mexico and United Arab Emirates and Dubai holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...