Taj brings 5-star luxury to Africa holidays in Cape Town
Without eliminating its classical "old age" and timeless glamour, the Taj Cape Town has revamped its image to incorporate more modern luxury amenities across a new section of the hotel extending over 17 new floors that have been recently added.
Revamping its "old" and outdated image, as it is set within two of the city's oldest buildings, - the Board of Executors (1896) and the original South African Reserve Bank (1932) - the Taj Cape Town is now revolutionalising the luxury holidays concept in the capital with the addition of 17 new floors, offering panoramic views of the city and Table Mountain. For a long time the Taj Cape Town had been called the city’s oldest new hotel because of the two historic buildings it occupies, but its location in heart of the Mother City also sets it apart. And now the new luxury additions for upscale Africa holidays in this city is about to refresh their 'ancient' image.
However, none of the character and original features of the hotel have been lost in the updating process to enhance luxury holidays at this magnificent property. Inside the hotel, the care taken to retain the integrity of the heritage buildings is still apparent. The lobby remains dominated by a massive skylight, supported by four fluted marble columns, all of which have been meticulously restored. Even the clock, which first kept banking hours in 1932, has been polished and repaired to maintain the look of classical elegance and timeless luxury.
The new 177 rooms include Heritage Rooms, blending old-world grandeur and modern amenities. The Tower Rooms combine contemporary luxury and exceptional mountain and city views. On the top floor is a two-bedroom, split-level Presidential Suite with its own massage and steam rooms, fully equipped kitchen, office, gym and a expansive top-floor deck for outdoor entertainment.
A Taj Club floor, a feature of all Taj hotels, includes a private lounge served by a dedicated butler team, providing breakfast and evening canapes and cocktails. Conference, meeting and banqueting facilities include seven meeting rooms, the largest of which can accommodate 110 people.
The hotel accounts with three restaurants: Mint, an all-day dining restaurant with a classic grill menu; the Bombay Brasserie, a fine-dining Indian restaurant modelled on its famous namesake in London; and The Twankey, a seafood and champagne bar offering seafood tapas and a selection of top South African wines.
Other facilities include a formal lounge, cocktail bar, cigar bar, a gym and a Jive Grande Spa. The Jiva Spa concept is unique to Taj Hotels and draws on Ayurveda, an ancient Indian healing tradition, to offer a number of signature treatments, yoga and meditation to fully revive the senses during luxury holidays in Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...