Taj brings 5-star luxury to Africa holidays in Cape Town
Without eliminating its classical "old age" and timeless glamour, the Taj Cape Town has revamped its image to incorporate more modern luxury amenities across a new section of the hotel extending over 17 new floors that have been recently added.
Revamping its "old" and outdated image, as it is set within two of the city's oldest buildings, - the Board of Executors (1896) and the original South African Reserve Bank (1932) - the Taj Cape Town is now revolutionalising the luxury holidays concept in the capital with the addition of 17 new floors, offering panoramic views of the city and Table Mountain. For a long time the Taj Cape Town had been called the city’s oldest new hotel because of the two historic buildings it occupies, but its location in heart of the Mother City also sets it apart. And now the new luxury additions for upscale Africa holidays in this city is about to refresh their 'ancient' image.
However, none of the character and original features of the hotel have been lost in the updating process to enhance luxury holidays at this magnificent property. Inside the hotel, the care taken to retain the integrity of the heritage buildings is still apparent. The lobby remains dominated by a massive skylight, supported by four fluted marble columns, all of which have been meticulously restored. Even the clock, which first kept banking hours in 1932, has been polished and repaired to maintain the look of classical elegance and timeless luxury.
The new 177 rooms include Heritage Rooms, blending old-world grandeur and modern amenities. The Tower Rooms combine contemporary luxury and exceptional mountain and city views. On the top floor is a two-bedroom, split-level Presidential Suite with its own massage and steam rooms, fully equipped kitchen, office, gym and a expansive top-floor deck for outdoor entertainment.
A Taj Club floor, a feature of all Taj hotels, includes a private lounge served by a dedicated butler team, providing breakfast and evening canapes and cocktails. Conference, meeting and banqueting facilities include seven meeting rooms, the largest of which can accommodate 110 people.
The hotel accounts with three restaurants: Mint, an all-day dining restaurant with a classic grill menu; the Bombay Brasserie, a fine-dining Indian restaurant modelled on its famous namesake in London; and The Twankey, a seafood and champagne bar offering seafood tapas and a selection of top South African wines.
Other facilities include a formal lounge, cocktail bar, cigar bar, a gym and a Jive Grande Spa. The Jiva Spa concept is unique to Taj Hotels and draws on Ayurveda, an ancient Indian healing tradition, to offer a number of signature treatments, yoga and meditation to fully revive the senses during luxury holidays in Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...