Taj brings 5-star luxury to Africa holidays in Cape Town
Without eliminating its classical "old age" and timeless glamour, the Taj Cape Town has revamped its image to incorporate more modern luxury amenities across a new section of the hotel extending over 17 new floors that have been recently added.
Revamping its "old" and outdated image, as it is set within two of the city's oldest buildings, - the Board of Executors (1896) and the original South African Reserve Bank (1932) - the Taj Cape Town is now revolutionalising the luxury holidays concept in the capital with the addition of 17 new floors, offering panoramic views of the city and Table Mountain. For a long time the Taj Cape Town had been called the city’s oldest new hotel because of the two historic buildings it occupies, but its location in heart of the Mother City also sets it apart. And now the new luxury additions for upscale Africa holidays in this city is about to refresh their 'ancient' image.
However, none of the character and original features of the hotel have been lost in the updating process to enhance luxury holidays at this magnificent property. Inside the hotel, the care taken to retain the integrity of the heritage buildings is still apparent. The lobby remains dominated by a massive skylight, supported by four fluted marble columns, all of which have been meticulously restored. Even the clock, which first kept banking hours in 1932, has been polished and repaired to maintain the look of classical elegance and timeless luxury.
The new 177 rooms include Heritage Rooms, blending old-world grandeur and modern amenities. The Tower Rooms combine contemporary luxury and exceptional mountain and city views. On the top floor is a two-bedroom, split-level Presidential Suite with its own massage and steam rooms, fully equipped kitchen, office, gym and a expansive top-floor deck for outdoor entertainment.
A Taj Club floor, a feature of all Taj hotels, includes a private lounge served by a dedicated butler team, providing breakfast and evening canapes and cocktails. Conference, meeting and banqueting facilities include seven meeting rooms, the largest of which can accommodate 110 people.
The hotel accounts with three restaurants: Mint, an all-day dining restaurant with a classic grill menu; the Bombay Brasserie, a fine-dining Indian restaurant modelled on its famous namesake in London; and The Twankey, a seafood and champagne bar offering seafood tapas and a selection of top South African wines.
Other facilities include a formal lounge, cocktail bar, cigar bar, a gym and a Jive Grande Spa. The Jiva Spa concept is unique to Taj Hotels and draws on Ayurveda, an ancient Indian healing tradition, to offer a number of signature treatments, yoga and meditation to fully revive the senses during luxury holidays in Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...