Sri Lanka hotels push the country's shares up
Sri Lanka hotels shares rose last Friday with the anticipation of the expansion of a post-war tourism market, and despite the rupee falling due to importer demand for dollars, analysts are hopeful that next week the market will see a rise again.
Officials believe that this week's New Years' holiday kept many investors away and trading in the currency and share markets was quiet due to companies not yet reopening for business after the holidays on Tuesday and Wednesday last week. However, they anticipate that a rise will be seen once traders return from Sri Lanka holidays this week.
Share in Sri Lanka hotels saw a rise as CSEHT hit a record high which was led by a 6.57 percent rise in John Keels Hotels KHL.CM.
The tourism market is expected to expand now that the island's civil war has ended and with this the number of travellers taking holidays in Sri Lanka is expected to hit an all time high this year.
Last year, Sri Lanka Tourism underwent the launch of a new rebranding campaign which introduced a new logo and tagline, "Sri Lanka Small Miracle". The campaign was put in place to encourage travellers from all over the world to take Sri Lanka holidays and reassure visitors that the stunning island country is now a safe place to visit as the 25 year long civil war reached an end.
So far tourism numbers have significantly increased and Sri Lanka hotels and travel companies are seeing the benefits. The beautiful island of Sri Lanka is a fantastic tourist destination for travellers on Sri Lanka weddings and honeymoons or luxury holidays.
Situated in the Indian Ocean just 30 km from the south coast of India, Sri Lanka is a picturesque island rich in culture and history with miles of stunning palm infringed beaches, lush green hills and mountains, and a warm tropical climate. The Indian Ocean island is a popular destination for weddings abroad and honeymoons and has a wide selection of luxury Sri Lanka hotels and resorts, perfect for romantic escapes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....