Sri Lanka hotels push the country's shares up
Sri Lanka hotels shares rose last Friday with the anticipation of the expansion of a post-war tourism market, and despite the rupee falling due to importer demand for dollars, analysts are hopeful that next week the market will see a rise again.
Officials believe that this week's New Years' holiday kept many investors away and trading in the currency and share markets was quiet due to companies not yet reopening for business after the holidays on Tuesday and Wednesday last week. However, they anticipate that a rise will be seen once traders return from Sri Lanka holidays this week.
Share in Sri Lanka hotels saw a rise as CSEHT hit a record high which was led by a 6.57 percent rise in John Keels Hotels KHL.CM.
The tourism market is expected to expand now that the island's civil war has ended and with this the number of travellers taking holidays in Sri Lanka is expected to hit an all time high this year.
Last year, Sri Lanka Tourism underwent the launch of a new rebranding campaign which introduced a new logo and tagline, "Sri Lanka Small Miracle". The campaign was put in place to encourage travellers from all over the world to take Sri Lanka holidays and reassure visitors that the stunning island country is now a safe place to visit as the 25 year long civil war reached an end.
So far tourism numbers have significantly increased and Sri Lanka hotels and travel companies are seeing the benefits. The beautiful island of Sri Lanka is a fantastic tourist destination for travellers on Sri Lanka weddings and honeymoons or luxury holidays.
Situated in the Indian Ocean just 30 km from the south coast of India, Sri Lanka is a picturesque island rich in culture and history with miles of stunning palm infringed beaches, lush green hills and mountains, and a warm tropical climate. The Indian Ocean island is a popular destination for weddings abroad and honeymoons and has a wide selection of luxury Sri Lanka hotels and resorts, perfect for romantic escapes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...