Luxury Armani Dubai hotel has a new opening date due to volcanic ash chaos
After months of speculation and many delays to its opening, the first ever Armani hotel in Dubai has suffered yet another setback as the volcanic ash chaos forces it to delay opening and push it back yet another week later than the expected date.
One of the world’s most awaited hotel openings at one of the world’s most luxurious holiday destinations has finally confirmed a final date for welcoming guests. After many delays, and several opening time announcements which later had to be pushed back, the final opening date has now been set for next week on 27th April, 2010.
Originally due to open this week on 21st April, the opening of the first ever Armani hotel, located on the world’s tallest tower is one of the most highly awaited Dubai hotels as its opening has been drawing much expectation across the Dubai holiday industry and much admiration among eager style-conscious travellers eager to stay at this hotel during their Dubai holidays.
Even when this time around there has been more of a credible factor and genuine cause for this latest delay as the hotel blames the volcanic ash phenomena which has shut down much of European airspace, even Giorgio Armani is now impatient to cut the ribbon at the first of his signature Dubai hotels, which will be followed up with one in Milano, Italy, one in Marrakech, Morocco and further one in New York as well as Armani Residences for Egypt holidays in Marassi.
According to Arabian Business, Mr Armani had been due to arrive for his inaugural Dubai holidays early this week, along with hundreds of VIP guests and celebrities that would join him for the official opening gala of the Armani Hotel Dubai.
Preceding the official opening that would see many on Dubai holidays staying at this new luxury hotel, Armani’s official media launch was due on Wednesday morning, followed by a major launch party on Wednesday night. The party was also due to have included a special fashion show, of course and while it is understood that the plans for the event will remain as before now they will take place six days later.
So, for those that were hoping to sleep in Giorgio Armani’s designer bedsheets this week, it looks like you’ll still have to waitt a little longer. But not much longer, as there is just one more week of waiting to be done (or so they say, we have no guarante Iceland’s active volcano will create no further trouble) before you can be enjoying luxury Dubai holidays at one of the world’s most fashionable luxury hotels in the world’s tallest tower.
The Armani Dubai Hotel was first set to open on 18th March 2010 but was then delayed until 21st April because of other operational difficulties within the gigantic Burj Khalifa tower (of which the Armani Dubai Hotel occupies 10 floors.)
Speaking about the opening of this new deluxe Dubai hotel Chairm of Emaar Properties, Mohamed Alabbar said the Armani hotel will set a new benchmark in luxury holidays and hospitality worldwide: "The hotel brings together two global competencies - the project management capabilities of Emaar and the superior aesthetics defined by Giorgio Armani. Armani Hotel Dubai will further also establish Burj Khalifa as one of the world's unmatched luxury destinations,"
On his part, talking about the new stylish Dubai holidays that could be enjoyed at his new hotel, Mr Armani himself declared: "My ambition for Armani Hotel Dubai - the first of a collection of Armani hotels, resorts and residences that will soon circle the world - is to celebrate comfort and style by providing the highest standards of design, hospitality and service".
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...