Iconic luxury Hong Kong hotelier plans to enter the thriving market of India hotels
The iconic luxury brand of Hong Kong-based Peninsula hotels has unveiled plans to start opening India hotels as part of their global expansion strategy to bring more exclusivity and refinement to new luxury hotels worldwide.
For lavish treatment on India holidays there is one highly acclaimed Asian hotel chain with plans of building new properties in India in order to add new India hotels to their coveted list of exclusive luxury resorts.
The Hong Kong-based iconic luxury brand of Peninsula hotels is planning to begin operations in India as part of their global expansion plans to bring more exclusivity and refinement to luxury holidays across the globe, the chain has confirmed.
CEO of Peninsula owner Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd, Clement Kwok told BusinessWeek magazine that the sophisticated hotelier would open a maximum of 15 properties globally in the next five to ten years, clearly confirming their ambitious expansion plans to include more luxury holidays across a wider range of holiday destinations.
Among the new locations, which will include Paris (to be finished in 2012) will be new hotels in China and India. However, as of yet he declined to say where the new hotels in India would be located.
The ultra luxury Peninsula Hotels chain is most famous for its flagship Hong Kong building. The hotel was the first to open in the former British colony and has since become one of the most iconic buildings in the country and an internationally renowned hotel. At the moment Peninsula owns a further eight hotels in Asia and America offering the utmost exclusive in lavish luxury holidays without comparison.
With this new step, Peninsula joins other ultra-luxury holidays brands pursuing the Indian market such as Ritz-Carlton with their plans to open their first property in Bangalore in 2010, and Fairmont due to open their first luxury India hotel in Jaipur in 2011.
Likewise, the mid-range Marriott chain, which already owns 11 India hotels, intends to quadruple its portfolio to 40 by 2013 to be offering more hotel options for India holidays all over the country. At the same time, competitor Starwood also revealed how they have plans to reach a total of 41 India hotels by the same time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Enjoy a stay upon an enchanting Houseboat
- English speaking guide
- Enjoy a private tour with an extra £99 per person, £300 off the usual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Follow in the footsteps of the characters from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Film on This Amazing India Tour
Go on a holiday like no other on this stunning India tour visting various famous sights sure to live long in the memory
- You will visit the famous 'Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', Ravla Khempur was originally a tribal chieftain's palace but now it operates as an equestrian hotel in the village of Khempur
- During this tour you will have the services of an Englsih speaking local guide all transfers will be in air conditioned vehicles
- Take advantage of the various extras include on the tour such as an Elephant ride at Amber Fort, Bicycle Rickshaw in Old Delhi and a fabulous lunch at Castle Kanota
A magical 14 nights experience awaits for you with Glimpses of Kerala and Superior Golden Triangle tour
- Delight yourself in the culinary Indian adventure and enjoy the fabulous Kathakali dance performance
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned Large Car
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
This colourful tour gives you the chance to view the major cities of North India, experiencing the sights and sounds of...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...