Iconic luxury Hong Kong hotelier plans to enter the thriving market of India hotels
The iconic luxury brand of Hong Kong-based Peninsula hotels has unveiled plans to start opening India hotels as part of their global expansion strategy to bring more exclusivity and refinement to new luxury hotels worldwide.
For lavish treatment on India holidays there is one highly acclaimed Asian hotel chain with plans of building new properties in India in order to add new India hotels to their coveted list of exclusive luxury resorts.
The Hong Kong-based iconic luxury brand of Peninsula hotels is planning to begin operations in India as part of their global expansion plans to bring more exclusivity and refinement to luxury holidays across the globe, the chain has confirmed.
CEO of Peninsula owner Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd, Clement Kwok told BusinessWeek magazine that the sophisticated hotelier would open a maximum of 15 properties globally in the next five to ten years, clearly confirming their ambitious expansion plans to include more luxury holidays across a wider range of holiday destinations.
Among the new locations, which will include Paris (to be finished in 2012) will be new hotels in China and India. However, as of yet he declined to say where the new hotels in India would be located.
The ultra luxury Peninsula Hotels chain is most famous for its flagship Hong Kong building. The hotel was the first to open in the former British colony and has since become one of the most iconic buildings in the country and an internationally renowned hotel. At the moment Peninsula owns a further eight hotels in Asia and America offering the utmost exclusive in lavish luxury holidays without comparison.
With this new step, Peninsula joins other ultra-luxury holidays brands pursuing the Indian market such as Ritz-Carlton with their plans to open their first property in Bangalore in 2010, and Fairmont due to open their first luxury India hotel in Jaipur in 2011.
Likewise, the mid-range Marriott chain, which already owns 11 India hotels, intends to quadruple its portfolio to 40 by 2013 to be offering more hotel options for India holidays all over the country. At the same time, competitor Starwood also revealed how they have plans to reach a total of 41 India hotels by the same time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Enjoy a private tour with an extra £99 per person, £300 off the usual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
- Relax on the backwaters of Kerala upon an enchanting Houseboat
- Knowledgable, English speaking guide
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Witness the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Tour Overview With the Arabian Sea in the west, the Western Ghats towering 500-2700 m in the east and networked by 44...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...