Iconic luxury Hong Kong hotelier plans to enter the thriving market of India hotels
The iconic luxury brand of Hong Kong-based Peninsula hotels has unveiled plans to start opening India hotels as part of their global expansion strategy to bring more exclusivity and refinement to new luxury hotels worldwide.
For lavish treatment on India holidays there is one highly acclaimed Asian hotel chain with plans of building new properties in India in order to add new India hotels to their coveted list of exclusive luxury resorts.
The Hong Kong-based iconic luxury brand of Peninsula hotels is planning to begin operations in India as part of their global expansion plans to bring more exclusivity and refinement to luxury holidays across the globe, the chain has confirmed.
CEO of Peninsula owner Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd, Clement Kwok told BusinessWeek magazine that the sophisticated hotelier would open a maximum of 15 properties globally in the next five to ten years, clearly confirming their ambitious expansion plans to include more luxury holidays across a wider range of holiday destinations.
Among the new locations, which will include Paris (to be finished in 2012) will be new hotels in China and India. However, as of yet he declined to say where the new hotels in India would be located.
The ultra luxury Peninsula Hotels chain is most famous for its flagship Hong Kong building. The hotel was the first to open in the former British colony and has since become one of the most iconic buildings in the country and an internationally renowned hotel. At the moment Peninsula owns a further eight hotels in Asia and America offering the utmost exclusive in lavish luxury holidays without comparison.
With this new step, Peninsula joins other ultra-luxury holidays brands pursuing the Indian market such as Ritz-Carlton with their plans to open their first property in Bangalore in 2010, and Fairmont due to open their first luxury India hotel in Jaipur in 2011.
Likewise, the mid-range Marriott chain, which already owns 11 India hotels, intends to quadruple its portfolio to 40 by 2013 to be offering more hotel options for India holidays all over the country. At the same time, competitor Starwood also revealed how they have plans to reach a total of 41 India hotels by the same time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Journey through the heart of India exploring various monuments including The Taj Mahal and The Golden Temple in Amritsar
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Visit the Wagah border to experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony a once in a lifetime activity to witness
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and enjoy two fabolous dinners in Amritsar
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Journey on the fantastic Gatimaan Express, India's first train of it's type that was launched in April 2016
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...