Iconic luxury Hong Kong hotelier plans to enter the thriving market of India hotels
The iconic luxury brand of Hong Kong-based Peninsula hotels has unveiled plans to start opening India hotels as part of their global expansion strategy to bring more exclusivity and refinement to new luxury hotels worldwide.
For lavish treatment on India holidays there is one highly acclaimed Asian hotel chain with plans of building new properties in India in order to add new India hotels to their coveted list of exclusive luxury resorts.
The Hong Kong-based iconic luxury brand of Peninsula hotels is planning to begin operations in India as part of their global expansion plans to bring more exclusivity and refinement to luxury holidays across the globe, the chain has confirmed.
CEO of Peninsula owner Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd, Clement Kwok told BusinessWeek magazine that the sophisticated hotelier would open a maximum of 15 properties globally in the next five to ten years, clearly confirming their ambitious expansion plans to include more luxury holidays across a wider range of holiday destinations.
Among the new locations, which will include Paris (to be finished in 2012) will be new hotels in China and India. However, as of yet he declined to say where the new hotels in India would be located.
The ultra luxury Peninsula Hotels chain is most famous for its flagship Hong Kong building. The hotel was the first to open in the former British colony and has since become one of the most iconic buildings in the country and an internationally renowned hotel. At the moment Peninsula owns a further eight hotels in Asia and America offering the utmost exclusive in lavish luxury holidays without comparison.
With this new step, Peninsula joins other ultra-luxury holidays brands pursuing the Indian market such as Ritz-Carlton with their plans to open their first property in Bangalore in 2010, and Fairmont due to open their first luxury India hotel in Jaipur in 2011.
Likewise, the mid-range Marriott chain, which already owns 11 India hotels, intends to quadruple its portfolio to 40 by 2013 to be offering more hotel options for India holidays all over the country. At the same time, competitor Starwood also revealed how they have plans to reach a total of 41 India hotels by the same time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy the highlights of Cochin, Periyar National Park and Alleppey which is on everyones must-visit list for Kerala
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Add on private tours from an extra Â£99 per person, Â£300Â off the Âusual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
- Add a 7-night Golden Triangle tour (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur) from Â£499 per person
- Add three nights at the beachfront Samudra hotel in Kovalam, with breakfast, from Â£170 more per person including transfers
- Enjoy various extras on the tour including Half day sightseeing of Cochin, Kathakali dance performance, boat ride on Lake Periya and Guided walk through a Spice plantation
- The Houseboat offers a floating holiday on the backwaters highway with Rainbow Cruises and is perhaps the most enchanting holiday experience in the world
- English speaking guide will be available throughout your once in a life-time trip
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Journey on the fastest train in India, the country's very own 'Bullet Train' that was launched in April 2016
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...