Air Europa celebrates successful year providing UK travellers with Caribbean flights
Spain' largest privately owned airline, Air Europa, has celebrated its first successful year providing passengers with a number of connections for Caribbean flights, and providing flight services between the UK and Madrid.
The Air Europa flights between the UK and Madrid have been named as the British holidaymaker's "Gateway to Latin America" and have been operating twice a day for the past year enabling easier access for travellers taking Caribbean flights including flights to Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and South America including Argentina.
Colin Stewart, the UK General Manager for Air Europa, said: "With only a year's trading in the UK market, we are extremely proud of the progress Air Europa has made since the launch of the London Gatwick to Madrid service.
"Now firmly established in the psyche of UK holidaymakers, our competitive pricing and commitment to excellent customer service makes Air Europa a match for even our closest rivals."
The twice-daily service provides travellers taking Caribbean flights with short connection times and easy access for travel to Punta Cana, Santo Domingo, Havana and Buenos Aires in Argentina. The airline's success over the past year has enabled the London-based customer service team to expand and the launch of two additional routes to Miami and Lima which commenced in February and March this year.
Founded in 1986, Air Europa is an airline division of Globalia Corporation and started off by operating commercial domestic flights in Spain. In 1995, the airline entered the international flights market and began operating flights to London and New York.
Now with a fleet comprising 32 Next Generation Boeing aircrafts and an Airbus A340, Air Europa operates flights to numerous destinations across Europe, North America, South America, Africa and the Caribbean. The airline also has a fidelity program, Flying Blue, with three membership options for frequent flyers and is recognised by partners including Kenya Airways, Aircalin, Air France, and KLM.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...