Egypt holidays attracting a growing number of Canadian travellers
An increasing number of Canadian travellers are heading to far-off exotic destinations outside their usual "sun & beach" favourites as more and more are attracted by the intriguing marvels of Egypt holidays and all the cultural richness they have to offer
Canadian travellers seem to be eyeing the Egypt holidays market in a way they never have before as this mystical holiday destinations looks more appealing than ever to Canadian eyes. The legendary allure of Egypt holidays, where visitors get to explore the awe-inspiring sites of a country long admired for its rich, millenary culture, history and man-made wonders, no seems to be attracting a growing number of Canadian travellers. According to the Egyptian Tourist Authority in Canada (ETA), the volume of Canadian taking Egypt holidays rose to 88,591 in 2009. This figure when compared against the 76,921 figure achieved in 2007, signals a considerable increase of 15 %.
ETA also reported that such an increase was due to an increased awareness among Canadians of the uniqueness and diversity of Egypt holidays, a seductive far-off land of mummies, pharaohs, sphinxes and Romas that beckon the traveller to come and unveil their many.
With the average Canadian staying in Egypt for two weeks, the main points of interest that they will want to visit are Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simbel and either Sharm el-Sheikh or Hurghada for their beach holidays appeal. Moreover, the Egyptian desert is also steadily becoming a popular amongst Canadian travellers.
In order to support this steady demand from Canadians eager to discover one of the world’s oldest civilisations, ETA recently launched a global campaign in Canada that reflects the cultural inheritance and enchantment felt by people around the world toward their country and what they experienced during Egypt holidays. Launched in mid-February, the campaign is grouped under the slogan “Where it all begins” and features a new logo based on a stilised version of the word “Egypt”.
“One of the most important lessons given to us by the ancient Egyptians is the importance of storytelling, signs and symbols,” explains Nagwa Korashy, Consul and Director for the Egyptian Tourist Authority in Canada. “This new campaign is meant to tell people that dreams can come to life and stories can last a lifetime thanks to the breadth of experiences awaiting visitors to Egypt.”
The campaign enticing Canadians to experience the magic of the country on Egypt holidays, also features creative branding and an extensive advertising programme. Both print and television advertisements display various travellers as they experience different aspects of Egypt holidays and what they have to offer along with a brief storyline meant to elicit curiosity and intrigue viewers. In addition to this the campaign to promote Egypt travel among Canadians includes 30 and 60-second television commercials, special events, a new website, trade publications and ads in dailies and lifestyle magazines. "The emphasis on visual and graphic work of the advertisements reflects the beauty of the country and inspires a unique experience that reminds us 'where it all begins' ”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...