Egypt holidays attracting a growing number of Canadian travellers
An increasing number of Canadian travellers are heading to far-off exotic destinations outside their usual "sun & beach" favourites as more and more are attracted by the intriguing marvels of Egypt holidays and all the cultural richness they have to offer
Canadian travellers seem to be eyeing the Egypt holidays market in a way they never have before as this mystical holiday destinations looks more appealing than ever to Canadian eyes. The legendary allure of Egypt holidays, where visitors get to explore the awe-inspiring sites of a country long admired for its rich, millenary culture, history and man-made wonders, no seems to be attracting a growing number of Canadian travellers. According to the Egyptian Tourist Authority in Canada (ETA), the volume of Canadian taking Egypt holidays rose to 88,591 in 2009. This figure when compared against the 76,921 figure achieved in 2007, signals a considerable increase of 15 %.
ETA also reported that such an increase was due to an increased awareness among Canadians of the uniqueness and diversity of Egypt holidays, a seductive far-off land of mummies, pharaohs, sphinxes and Romas that beckon the traveller to come and unveil their many.
With the average Canadian staying in Egypt for two weeks, the main points of interest that they will want to visit are Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simbel and either Sharm el-Sheikh or Hurghada for their beach holidays appeal. Moreover, the Egyptian desert is also steadily becoming a popular amongst Canadian travellers.
In order to support this steady demand from Canadians eager to discover one of the world’s oldest civilisations, ETA recently launched a global campaign in Canada that reflects the cultural inheritance and enchantment felt by people around the world toward their country and what they experienced during Egypt holidays. Launched in mid-February, the campaign is grouped under the slogan “Where it all begins” and features a new logo based on a stilised version of the word “Egypt”.
“One of the most important lessons given to us by the ancient Egyptians is the importance of storytelling, signs and symbols,” explains Nagwa Korashy, Consul and Director for the Egyptian Tourist Authority in Canada. “This new campaign is meant to tell people that dreams can come to life and stories can last a lifetime thanks to the breadth of experiences awaiting visitors to Egypt.”
The campaign enticing Canadians to experience the magic of the country on Egypt holidays, also features creative branding and an extensive advertising programme. Both print and television advertisements display various travellers as they experience different aspects of Egypt holidays and what they have to offer along with a brief storyline meant to elicit curiosity and intrigue viewers. In addition to this the campaign to promote Egypt travel among Canadians includes 30 and 60-second television commercials, special events, a new website, trade publications and ads in dailies and lifestyle magazines. "The emphasis on visual and graphic work of the advertisements reflects the beauty of the country and inspires a unique experience that reminds us 'where it all begins' ”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...