Belarus Tourism Fair - Cuba holidays on display
The 13th International Tourism Fair of Belarus - Rest 2010 saw the presence of a number of Cuba travel agents and companies promoting tourism products and services in a bid to encourage more Byelorussians to take Cuba holidays.
The Tourism Fair was held in the National Exhibition Centre "BELEXPO" in Minsk and was attended by visitors and exhibitors showcasing transport, insurance, excursions, educational tours, cruises, business tours, hotels services, and maps, brochures and guides.
An official from Cuba's Tourism Ministry, Estefania Escobar, presented the multimedia promoting holidays in Cuba and Cuba hotels and businesses to visitors. Sandra Tarafa, a representative from a Cuban tour operator based in Moscow, Havanatur, showcased the company's characteristics and services offered to Russians looking to book Cuba holidays.
During the annual Tourism Fair, the Cuban stand attracted a number of visitors who recognised the region as a main Caribbean holiday destination and provided information and advice to visitors who were considering travel to Cuba and Cuba holidays in the future.
From 1 May this year, travellers booking Cuba holidays and Cuban nationals living abroad must ensure they obtain a relevant insurance policy before they enter the country. In January and February this year, over 8,700 travellers from Russia visited Cuba which was an increase of 12 percent compared to the same time last year.
Next month Cuba will host the 30th International Tourism Fair in Havana which will be devoted to the Russian market in a bid to encourage more travellers and visitors from the region to enjoy relaxing Cuba holidays.
The Tourism Fair in Belarus also showcased Cuba's highlights as a Caribbean tourist destination with its miles of pristine sandy beaches, historical ancient ruins and sites, friendly and traditional hospitality, diving opportunities, bustling cities, warm and tropical climate, and picturesque surroundings; all in close proximity to Mexico and surrounding Caribbean islands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...