Banyan Tree expects 7% of luxury hotels revenues to come from Middle East
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, who specialise in providing luxury holidays for travellers, have announced that they expect approximately five to seven percent of their total global revenues to come from the Middle East over the next two years.
The Singapore-based luxury hotels and resorts operator are part of the Banyan Tree Holdings group and are expecting to double their current number of six luxury hotels in the Middle East region within the next two years.
Group Managing Director of Banyan Tree Holdings, Ariel Vera commented:
"Once we open the projects, which we currently have in the pipeline in the Middle East, every year we would look at an estimated management fee of S$5 million (Dh13.34m) coming out of this region. With regards to revenues, we are expecting about five to seven per cent of our total global revenues to come out of this region in the next two years."
Banyan Tree Holdings also have the Angsana brand in their portfolio and with the both brands, the company is looking at a turnover of at least S$300 million for 2009, with numbers expected to be even higher for 2010. Current projects in Banyan Tree's portfolio include management contracts for two Oman hotels and two Egypt hotels; a Ras Al Khaimah property; and resort in Abu Dhabi - all designed to provide luxury holidays for travellers from all over the globe.
Vera commented on the potential of adding Dubai hotels to their portfolio, saying:
"We have no active project in Dubai as of now. There were several projects we signed in Dubai but unfortunately some of them got cancelled because of economic and financial issues."
"Overall, we remain committed to business prospects in the Middle East and are progressing on several projects there in our pipeline. We will continue to work with owners who place a high importance on the quality of the service and product and in the sanctity of contractual obligations, and believe that the growing strength of the brand will ultimately benefit the hotel they own."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...