Banyan Tree expects 7% of luxury hotels revenues to come from Middle East
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, who specialise in providing luxury holidays for travellers, have announced that they expect approximately five to seven percent of their total global revenues to come from the Middle East over the next two years.
The Singapore-based luxury hotels and resorts operator are part of the Banyan Tree Holdings group and are expecting to double their current number of six luxury hotels in the Middle East region within the next two years.
Group Managing Director of Banyan Tree Holdings, Ariel Vera commented:
"Once we open the projects, which we currently have in the pipeline in the Middle East, every year we would look at an estimated management fee of S$5 million (Dh13.34m) coming out of this region. With regards to revenues, we are expecting about five to seven per cent of our total global revenues to come out of this region in the next two years."
Banyan Tree Holdings also have the Angsana brand in their portfolio and with the both brands, the company is looking at a turnover of at least S$300 million for 2009, with numbers expected to be even higher for 2010. Current projects in Banyan Tree's portfolio include management contracts for two Oman hotels and two Egypt hotels; a Ras Al Khaimah property; and resort in Abu Dhabi - all designed to provide luxury holidays for travellers from all over the globe.
Vera commented on the potential of adding Dubai hotels to their portfolio, saying:
"We have no active project in Dubai as of now. There were several projects we signed in Dubai but unfortunately some of them got cancelled because of economic and financial issues."
"Overall, we remain committed to business prospects in the Middle East and are progressing on several projects there in our pipeline. We will continue to work with owners who place a high importance on the quality of the service and product and in the sanctity of contractual obligations, and believe that the growing strength of the brand will ultimately benefit the hotel they own."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...