Banyan Tree expects 7% of luxury hotels revenues to come from Middle East
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, who specialise in providing luxury holidays for travellers, have announced that they expect approximately five to seven percent of their total global revenues to come from the Middle East over the next two years.
The Singapore-based luxury hotels and resorts operator are part of the Banyan Tree Holdings group and are expecting to double their current number of six luxury hotels in the Middle East region within the next two years.
Group Managing Director of Banyan Tree Holdings, Ariel Vera commented:
"Once we open the projects, which we currently have in the pipeline in the Middle East, every year we would look at an estimated management fee of S$5 million (Dh13.34m) coming out of this region. With regards to revenues, we are expecting about five to seven per cent of our total global revenues to come out of this region in the next two years."
Banyan Tree Holdings also have the Angsana brand in their portfolio and with the both brands, the company is looking at a turnover of at least S$300 million for 2009, with numbers expected to be even higher for 2010. Current projects in Banyan Tree's portfolio include management contracts for two Oman hotels and two Egypt hotels; a Ras Al Khaimah property; and resort in Abu Dhabi - all designed to provide luxury holidays for travellers from all over the globe.
Vera commented on the potential of adding Dubai hotels to their portfolio, saying:
"We have no active project in Dubai as of now. There were several projects we signed in Dubai but unfortunately some of them got cancelled because of economic and financial issues."
"Overall, we remain committed to business prospects in the Middle East and are progressing on several projects there in our pipeline. We will continue to work with owners who place a high importance on the quality of the service and product and in the sanctity of contractual obligations, and believe that the growing strength of the brand will ultimately benefit the hotel they own."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...