Louis Vuitton enters luxury hotels sector under Cheval Blanc brand
Respected luxury fashion and products group, Louis Vuitton, will be forming a partnership with Egypt's Orascom Development Holdings and entering the management business side of the luxury hotels market under the brand name of Cheval Blanc.
LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) have teamed up with the Swiss-Egyptian listed property business, Orascom Development Holdings, and will be constructing two Middle East hotel resorts. The two luxury hotels will be managed by LVMH and will be built in Oman and Egypt providing luxury holidays for high end travellers from all over the world.
The additions to Oman hotels and Egypt hotels will be branded under the name, Cheval Blanc, which was formed by the CEO of LVMH's holding company, Bernard Amault, who entered the luxury hotels sector in the French Alps in 2006 with the Michelin-starred Cheval Blanc hotel and ski resort. LVMH will be looking to develop a luxury hotel brand around the Cheval Blanc and will be managing the business but not owning it, taking a share of the sales and profits.
The two luxury hotels are expected to be completed by 2012 and will feature 30 - 40 luxury suites, private villas, and private pool for travellers enjoying luxury holidays. The Egypt hotel will be developed on a private island in Aswan overlooking the Nile, and the Oman hotel will be located on the island of Sodah.
The management business will comprise a six-person team which will be headed by Olivier Lefebvre. Aside from luxury hotels, the established LVMH company owns over 60 worldwide brands including Marc Jacobs, Donna Karran, Givenchy, Thomas Pink, TAG Heuer, Glenmorangie, Moet et Chandon and of course Louis Vuitton.
The Paris-based company has a range of products under the LVMH brand including leather goods, fashion, watches, duty-free stores and wines and spirits. An analyst from Bernstein Research, Luca Solca, said:
"This looks at first sight an extravagant diversification but on closer inspection the move seems sensible. LVMH will control key choices in the development of these hotels but will commit no capex and retain no management risk. It will take a royalty from its partners and have a chance to display its brands. If this is how it works, I see no downside and possibly some upside."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...