Louis Vuitton enters luxury hotels sector under Cheval Blanc brand
Respected luxury fashion and products group, Louis Vuitton, will be forming a partnership with Egypt's Orascom Development Holdings and entering the management business side of the luxury hotels market under the brand name of Cheval Blanc.
LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) have teamed up with the Swiss-Egyptian listed property business, Orascom Development Holdings, and will be constructing two Middle East hotel resorts. The two luxury hotels will be managed by LVMH and will be built in Oman and Egypt providing luxury holidays for high end travellers from all over the world.
The additions to Oman hotels and Egypt hotels will be branded under the name, Cheval Blanc, which was formed by the CEO of LVMH's holding company, Bernard Amault, who entered the luxury hotels sector in the French Alps in 2006 with the Michelin-starred Cheval Blanc hotel and ski resort. LVMH will be looking to develop a luxury hotel brand around the Cheval Blanc and will be managing the business but not owning it, taking a share of the sales and profits.
The two luxury hotels are expected to be completed by 2012 and will feature 30 - 40 luxury suites, private villas, and private pool for travellers enjoying luxury holidays. The Egypt hotel will be developed on a private island in Aswan overlooking the Nile, and the Oman hotel will be located on the island of Sodah.
The management business will comprise a six-person team which will be headed by Olivier Lefebvre. Aside from luxury hotels, the established LVMH company owns over 60 worldwide brands including Marc Jacobs, Donna Karran, Givenchy, Thomas Pink, TAG Heuer, Glenmorangie, Moet et Chandon and of course Louis Vuitton.
The Paris-based company has a range of products under the LVMH brand including leather goods, fashion, watches, duty-free stores and wines and spirits. An analyst from Bernstein Research, Luca Solca, said:
"This looks at first sight an extravagant diversification but on closer inspection the move seems sensible. LVMH will control key choices in the development of these hotels but will commit no capex and retain no management risk. It will take a royalty from its partners and have a chance to display its brands. If this is how it works, I see no downside and possibly some upside."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Experience the golden Sandy beaches of the beautiful Red Sea, the action in Soho Square and Na'ama Bay and a resort that has it all - Sierra Sharm el Sheikt awaits
- Enjoy elegant views of either the pool or gardens from your own private balcony/terrace
- Enjoy access to the Sierra's Wellness Centre & Aqua Spa, where you can enjoy a massage parlour, sauna & steam room
- Enjoy a variety of cuisines from a number of restaurants at the hotel - including Italian, freshly caught seafood & much more
With access to a private beach and every facility imaginable on site it's no wonder guests return to Hilton Sharks bay - it's a perfect for the whole family
- Relax and unwind with a massage or jacuzzi in the health club
- Enjoy a number of dining options including Il Rustico Restaurant - where you can enjoy barbeques on the terrace
- Enjoy the evenings with the nightly entertainment programme
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
The Red Sea resort town of Sharm El Sheikh is known for its wonderful beaches; take six days to enjoy the best of this...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Sharm El Sheikh, a resort town sitting on Egypt's Red Sea shores, is one of the country's top tourist destinations. Find...