Louis Vuitton enters luxury hotels sector under Cheval Blanc brand
Respected luxury fashion and products group, Louis Vuitton, will be forming a partnership with Egypt's Orascom Development Holdings and entering the management business side of the luxury hotels market under the brand name of Cheval Blanc.
LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) have teamed up with the Swiss-Egyptian listed property business, Orascom Development Holdings, and will be constructing two Middle East hotel resorts. The two luxury hotels will be managed by LVMH and will be built in Oman and Egypt providing luxury holidays for high end travellers from all over the world.
The additions to Oman hotels and Egypt hotels will be branded under the name, Cheval Blanc, which was formed by the CEO of LVMH's holding company, Bernard Amault, who entered the luxury hotels sector in the French Alps in 2006 with the Michelin-starred Cheval Blanc hotel and ski resort. LVMH will be looking to develop a luxury hotel brand around the Cheval Blanc and will be managing the business but not owning it, taking a share of the sales and profits.
The two luxury hotels are expected to be completed by 2012 and will feature 30 - 40 luxury suites, private villas, and private pool for travellers enjoying luxury holidays. The Egypt hotel will be developed on a private island in Aswan overlooking the Nile, and the Oman hotel will be located on the island of Sodah.
The management business will comprise a six-person team which will be headed by Olivier Lefebvre. Aside from luxury hotels, the established LVMH company owns over 60 worldwide brands including Marc Jacobs, Donna Karran, Givenchy, Thomas Pink, TAG Heuer, Glenmorangie, Moet et Chandon and of course Louis Vuitton.
The Paris-based company has a range of products under the LVMH brand including leather goods, fashion, watches, duty-free stores and wines and spirits. An analyst from Bernstein Research, Luca Solca, said:
"This looks at first sight an extravagant diversification but on closer inspection the move seems sensible. LVMH will control key choices in the development of these hotels but will commit no capex and retain no management risk. It will take a royalty from its partners and have a chance to display its brands. If this is how it works, I see no downside and possibly some upside."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...