Dominican President cuts ribbon of new luxury Dominican Republic resort development in Juan Dolio
Dominican president Leonel Fernandez recently did the ribbon cutting for the latest of tourist developments to have been taking place in the small beach municipality of Juan Dolio with a collection of new luxury hotel rooms and residences now added.
The latest development to give a boost to Dominican Republic holidays in the small municipality of Juan Dolio has been formally inaugurated by Dominican President Leonel Fernandez as he headed the ribbon cutting for the project Marbella by Metro Country Club Juan Dolio, of the Group Metro, which came at a cost of more than US$100 million.
This lavish new development intended to revolutionalise the concept of luxury holidays in the Dominican resort of Juan Dolio, includes both residential and hotel units. The chosen location is right in front of the pristine Juan Dolio beach to offer travellers with fabulous beach Dominican Republic holidays with added exclusivity.
For the special event, the investing company Group Metro recently hosted an exclusive event on the beachfront facing the stunning new residential property. Among the attendees were some of the country's most elite figures including the President Leonel Fernandez and Minister of Tourism Francisco Javier Garcia.
"After three years in development, we are very pleased to announce the grand opening of Marbella," exclaimed Dr. Luis Jose Asilis, chief executive of Group Metro. "It is always such a great feeling of accomplishment when a vision becomes a reality. Today, we are overjoyed to finally welcome all the new residents and guest to Marbella who will enjoy it for years to come."
The chief executive added that the work is important for Juan Dolio and the future of Dominican Republic holidays in this region as he also announced that as part of the project, additional work would be carried out to repair the municipality’s streets and thus further contribute to the zone’s advance in tourism. Dr. Jose Asilis also pledged to convert the resort town into one of the country’s most attractive areas attracting a large volume of tourists to take Dominican Republic holidays here within a short time.
Metro president Luis Jose Asilis said that with the project’s 301 apartments and 800 hotel rooms a total of 1,200 rooms would be added to the total of Dominican Republic hotels, while the new apartments come at a cost between US$300,000 to US$1 million.
Located at Villas del Mar in Juan Dolio, the new Marbella project will be a beachfront condominium enjoying magnificent ocean views. Only 20 minutes from the International Airport of the Americas and 40 minutes from the country’s capital of Santo Domingo, this quiet area of Juan Dolio is a well-kept secret as a sanctuary from the bustling city life of Santo Domingo, offering travellers with a haven for serene Dominican Republic holidays by the beach but not too far away from the city.
Group Metro has established a formidable international reputation throughout its four decades of experience in transportation, tourism and real estate. Led by its visionary chief executive, Dr. Luis Jose Asilis, the company has played an integral role in putting Dominican Republic holidays on the map as a top Caribbean holiday destination.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Live it up and enjoy a stay at the brand new Now Onyx Punta Cana, perfectly located on a pristine beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy unlimited luxury, sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stay at this Mediterranean inspired seaside paradise in the southeast coast of the Dominican
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury, an all inclusive experience like no other with reservation free dining
- Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the World class Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- The hotel offers a fantastic setting in Bayahibe, a seaside paradise in the southeast coast
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...