Cuban Tourism for History and Legends
Lovers of adventure and mythical characters will love the new Pirate Cuba Tours in Camaguey which have been designed to provide tourists with a real-feel of how Caribbean pirates went about and how they used to frequent this region of the island.
There is a new exciting activity for lovers of adventure and mythical legends to enjoy during Cuba holidays. The latest of Cuba promotions is a new different kind of tour consisting of magical evenings filled with historical traditions for tourists to enjoy and take part in. Now, showing a touch of distinction, Cuba holidays present the travellers with all the fun and magic of legends and fantasies linked to corsairs and pirates.
Given that the western city of Camaguey witnessed incursions of such visitors in ancient times, the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) has now introduced a set of pirate tours, highlighting the fact that these pirate visits were frequent in this province of Camaguey, a part of Cuba which was not exempt from incursions of such visitors in ancient times.
According to tourism authorities the pirate stories are part of the 500 years of history in this Cuban province where the buccaneers widened smuggling of merchandise in the Cuban coasts across several places of the Caribbean island.
Among the examples there are British Henry Morgan, French Francois Grammont and Peter the Olonesian, who were in Camaguey and other parts of the Caribbean.
The place where the new pirate incentive was created for Cuba holidays with added “Arrrrrr” is the little key of Santa Lucia, north of Camaguey, where a fabulous excursion recreates the arrival of the pirates to this Cuban beach. Travellers taking the tour as part of their Cuba holidays in Santa Lucia start at Los Cocos Beach, close to the entrance of Nuevitas.
The new activity to be enjoyed by tourists on Cuba holidays is called Fiesta Bucanero and has now become one of the favourite by the many travellers that come to Santa Lucia (a beautiful deserted key off Camaguey’s coast) from many parts of the world.
Tourists spending time in Camaguey as part of their holidays in Cuba might like to sign up to Fiesta Bucanero, a tour which has become widely popular among travellers.
The tour re-captures the landing of pirates and corsairs on the beaches of the Caribbean island for jet-setters, local news source Escambray reports.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry added that such tales are an important part of the history of the area, having had an effect for 500 years, with figures such as Francois Grammont of France, the British Henry Morgan and Peter the Olonesian involved in smuggling across the country.
Individuals still unsure of where to book their trips might like to take into account a recent study from Virtuoso revealing Cuba holidays to be one of the most popular destinations for travel in 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...