Cuban Tourism for History and Legends
Lovers of adventure and mythical characters will love the new Pirate Cuba Tours in Camaguey which have been designed to provide tourists with a real-feel of how Caribbean pirates went about and how they used to frequent this region of the island.
There is a new exciting activity for lovers of adventure and mythical legends to enjoy during Cuba holidays. The latest of Cuba promotions is a new different kind of tour consisting of magical evenings filled with historical traditions for tourists to enjoy and take part in. Now, showing a touch of distinction, Cuba holidays present the travellers with all the fun and magic of legends and fantasies linked to corsairs and pirates.
Given that the western city of Camaguey witnessed incursions of such visitors in ancient times, the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) has now introduced a set of pirate tours, highlighting the fact that these pirate visits were frequent in this province of Camaguey, a part of Cuba which was not exempt from incursions of such visitors in ancient times.
According to tourism authorities the pirate stories are part of the 500 years of history in this Cuban province where the buccaneers widened smuggling of merchandise in the Cuban coasts across several places of the Caribbean island.
Among the examples there are British Henry Morgan, French Francois Grammont and Peter the Olonesian, who were in Camaguey and other parts of the Caribbean.
The place where the new pirate incentive was created for Cuba holidays with added “Arrrrrr” is the little key of Santa Lucia, north of Camaguey, where a fabulous excursion recreates the arrival of the pirates to this Cuban beach. Travellers taking the tour as part of their Cuba holidays in Santa Lucia start at Los Cocos Beach, close to the entrance of Nuevitas.
The new activity to be enjoyed by tourists on Cuba holidays is called Fiesta Bucanero and has now become one of the favourite by the many travellers that come to Santa Lucia (a beautiful deserted key off Camaguey’s coast) from many parts of the world.
Tourists spending time in Camaguey as part of their holidays in Cuba might like to sign up to Fiesta Bucanero, a tour which has become widely popular among travellers.
The tour re-captures the landing of pirates and corsairs on the beaches of the Caribbean island for jet-setters, local news source Escambray reports.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry added that such tales are an important part of the history of the area, having had an effect for 500 years, with figures such as Francois Grammont of France, the British Henry Morgan and Peter the Olonesian involved in smuggling across the country.
Individuals still unsure of where to book their trips might like to take into account a recent study from Virtuoso revealing Cuba holidays to be one of the most popular destinations for travel in 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...