Cuban Tourism for History and Legends
Lovers of adventure and mythical characters will love the new Pirate Cuba Tours in Camaguey which have been designed to provide tourists with a real-feel of how Caribbean pirates went about and how they used to frequent this region of the island.
There is a new exciting activity for lovers of adventure and mythical legends to enjoy during Cuba holidays. The latest of Cuba promotions is a new different kind of tour consisting of magical evenings filled with historical traditions for tourists to enjoy and take part in. Now, showing a touch of distinction, Cuba holidays present the travellers with all the fun and magic of legends and fantasies linked to corsairs and pirates.
Given that the western city of Camaguey witnessed incursions of such visitors in ancient times, the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) has now introduced a set of pirate tours, highlighting the fact that these pirate visits were frequent in this province of Camaguey, a part of Cuba which was not exempt from incursions of such visitors in ancient times.
According to tourism authorities the pirate stories are part of the 500 years of history in this Cuban province where the buccaneers widened smuggling of merchandise in the Cuban coasts across several places of the Caribbean island.
Among the examples there are British Henry Morgan, French Francois Grammont and Peter the Olonesian, who were in Camaguey and other parts of the Caribbean.
The place where the new pirate incentive was created for Cuba holidays with added “Arrrrrr” is the little key of Santa Lucia, north of Camaguey, where a fabulous excursion recreates the arrival of the pirates to this Cuban beach. Travellers taking the tour as part of their Cuba holidays in Santa Lucia start at Los Cocos Beach, close to the entrance of Nuevitas.
The new activity to be enjoyed by tourists on Cuba holidays is called Fiesta Bucanero and has now become one of the favourite by the many travellers that come to Santa Lucia (a beautiful deserted key off Camaguey’s coast) from many parts of the world.
Tourists spending time in Camaguey as part of their holidays in Cuba might like to sign up to Fiesta Bucanero, a tour which has become widely popular among travellers.
The tour re-captures the landing of pirates and corsairs on the beaches of the Caribbean island for jet-setters, local news source Escambray reports.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry added that such tales are an important part of the history of the area, having had an effect for 500 years, with figures such as Francois Grammont of France, the British Henry Morgan and Peter the Olonesian involved in smuggling across the country.
Individuals still unsure of where to book their trips might like to take into account a recent study from Virtuoso revealing Cuba holidays to be one of the most popular destinations for travel in 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...