Cuban Tourism for History and Legends
Lovers of adventure and mythical characters will love the new Pirate Cuba Tours in Camaguey which have been designed to provide tourists with a real-feel of how Caribbean pirates went about and how they used to frequent this region of the island.
There is a new exciting activity for lovers of adventure and mythical legends to enjoy during Cuba holidays. The latest of Cuba promotions is a new different kind of tour consisting of magical evenings filled with historical traditions for tourists to enjoy and take part in. Now, showing a touch of distinction, Cuba holidays present the travellers with all the fun and magic of legends and fantasies linked to corsairs and pirates.
Given that the western city of Camaguey witnessed incursions of such visitors in ancient times, the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) has now introduced a set of pirate tours, highlighting the fact that these pirate visits were frequent in this province of Camaguey, a part of Cuba which was not exempt from incursions of such visitors in ancient times.
According to tourism authorities the pirate stories are part of the 500 years of history in this Cuban province where the buccaneers widened smuggling of merchandise in the Cuban coasts across several places of the Caribbean island.
Among the examples there are British Henry Morgan, French Francois Grammont and Peter the Olonesian, who were in Camaguey and other parts of the Caribbean.
The place where the new pirate incentive was created for Cuba holidays with added “Arrrrrr” is the little key of Santa Lucia, north of Camaguey, where a fabulous excursion recreates the arrival of the pirates to this Cuban beach. Travellers taking the tour as part of their Cuba holidays in Santa Lucia start at Los Cocos Beach, close to the entrance of Nuevitas.
The new activity to be enjoyed by tourists on Cuba holidays is called Fiesta Bucanero and has now become one of the favourite by the many travellers that come to Santa Lucia (a beautiful deserted key off Camaguey’s coast) from many parts of the world.
Tourists spending time in Camaguey as part of their holidays in Cuba might like to sign up to Fiesta Bucanero, a tour which has become widely popular among travellers.
The tour re-captures the landing of pirates and corsairs on the beaches of the Caribbean island for jet-setters, local news source Escambray reports.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry added that such tales are an important part of the history of the area, having had an effect for 500 years, with figures such as Francois Grammont of France, the British Henry Morgan and Peter the Olonesian involved in smuggling across the country.
Individuals still unsure of where to book their trips might like to take into account a recent study from Virtuoso revealing Cuba holidays to be one of the most popular destinations for travel in 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...