Aloft Hotels and Four Points by Sheraton bet big on India holidays
Starwood's newest and hippest tech-savvy brand of Aloft hotels and its sister sub-brand of "Uncomplicated Comfort" Four Points by Sheraton are set to open a range of new hotels in India as they bet big on the India holidays market.
In a move that places a significant vote of confidence for India holidays and the country’s burgeoning travel market, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. which already boast the largest upper-upscale and luxury India hotels of any U.S.-based hotel company – is launching a major expansion of its mid-market brands in the country.
This news were unveiled as Frits van Paasschen, Starwood president and CEO together with the company’s leadership team embark on India holidays for a two-week tour of the country to meet with Indian hotel owners, developers and team members.
Starwood’s exclusive sub-brand of Aloft, the sizzling tech-savvy brand that has rocked the U.S. hospitality industry plans to make its debut in India this year by entering India hotels market with three new properties scheduled for 2010 alone. Aimed at Generation Y, Aloft is Starwood’s design-led, social-experience brand that has enjoyed the fastest ramp-up of any brand in hotel history. As a young, tech-driven society, India holidays will become a key market for Aloft’s development outside of the United States.
Ambitious Aloft expects to operate six hotels in India by 2012, more than any other country in the Asia-Pacific region. The new Aloft India hotels to debut in 2010 will be: Aloft Chennai-OMR-IT Expressway, Aloft Bengaluru-Whitefield, and Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur. In the meantime for next year, Starwood will continue full steam ahead with the opening of Aloft Ahmedabad, SG Road, Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur, and a second Bangalore hotel, Aloft Bengaluru Cessna Business Park.
“All signs point to India as a place Starwood wants to grow, and our focus here reflects a real excitement about India’s future,” said Frits van Paasschen, Starwood’s CEO when commenting on the company’s big expectations for the growth of the India holidays market. “While we’ve had a long and successful presence in India, and our brands enjoy loyal followings here, India’s potential presents new opportunities.”
He added that as it grows in India with the building of more India hotels, Starwood’s investments will add thousands of new hotel rooms to India’s tourism infrastructure, and in the process it will also be adding more than 4,000 jobs to the Indian economy,.
All of Aloft and Four Points by Sheraton hotels in India will be new builds, bringing a new generation of sleek, modern, and youthful mid-market India hotels to the country for the enjoyment of natives and tourists on India holidays.
Starwood’s legacy in India began in 1973, when its Sheraton brand debuted in Mumbai. The company has since grown the portfolio to 26 hotels under its Westin, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, The Luxury Collection and Le Méridien brands.
Van Paasschen, says that India holidays have actually been “under-hoteled”, with a total of just 100,000 hotel rooms; while New York City alone has 80,000 rooms.
“When you consider the growth of India’s middle class, the incredible expansion of outsourcing, the country’s rising affluence, and a plugged-in younger generation with a thirst for international brands, it’s easy to see why we’re eager to deepen our roots here.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Enjoy a stay upon an enchanting Houseboat
- English speaking guide
- Enjoy a private tour with an extra £99 per person, £300 off the usual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Follow in the footsteps of the characters from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Film on This Amazing India Tour
Go on a holiday like no other on this stunning India tour visting various famous sights sure to live long in the memory
- You will visit the famous 'Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', Ravla Khempur was originally a tribal chieftain's palace but now it operates as an equestrian hotel in the village of Khempur
- During this tour you will have the services of an Englsih speaking local guide all transfers will be in air conditioned vehicles
- Take advantage of the various extras include on the tour such as an Elephant ride at Amber Fort, Bicycle Rickshaw in Old Delhi and a fabulous lunch at Castle Kanota
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...
Tour Overview With the Arabian Sea in the west, the Western Ghats towering 500-2700 m in the east and networked by 44...