Aloft Hotels and Four Points by Sheraton bet big on India holidays
Starwood's newest and hippest tech-savvy brand of Aloft hotels and its sister sub-brand of "Uncomplicated Comfort" Four Points by Sheraton are set to open a range of new hotels in India as they bet big on the India holidays market.
In a move that places a significant vote of confidence for India holidays and the country’s burgeoning travel market, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. which already boast the largest upper-upscale and luxury India hotels of any U.S.-based hotel company – is launching a major expansion of its mid-market brands in the country.
This news were unveiled as Frits van Paasschen, Starwood president and CEO together with the company’s leadership team embark on India holidays for a two-week tour of the country to meet with Indian hotel owners, developers and team members.
Starwood’s exclusive sub-brand of Aloft, the sizzling tech-savvy brand that has rocked the U.S. hospitality industry plans to make its debut in India this year by entering India hotels market with three new properties scheduled for 2010 alone. Aimed at Generation Y, Aloft is Starwood’s design-led, social-experience brand that has enjoyed the fastest ramp-up of any brand in hotel history. As a young, tech-driven society, India holidays will become a key market for Aloft’s development outside of the United States.
Ambitious Aloft expects to operate six hotels in India by 2012, more than any other country in the Asia-Pacific region. The new Aloft India hotels to debut in 2010 will be: Aloft Chennai-OMR-IT Expressway, Aloft Bengaluru-Whitefield, and Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur. In the meantime for next year, Starwood will continue full steam ahead with the opening of Aloft Ahmedabad, SG Road, Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur, and a second Bangalore hotel, Aloft Bengaluru Cessna Business Park.
“All signs point to India as a place Starwood wants to grow, and our focus here reflects a real excitement about India’s future,” said Frits van Paasschen, Starwood’s CEO when commenting on the company’s big expectations for the growth of the India holidays market. “While we’ve had a long and successful presence in India, and our brands enjoy loyal followings here, India’s potential presents new opportunities.”
He added that as it grows in India with the building of more India hotels, Starwood’s investments will add thousands of new hotel rooms to India’s tourism infrastructure, and in the process it will also be adding more than 4,000 jobs to the Indian economy,.
All of Aloft and Four Points by Sheraton hotels in India will be new builds, bringing a new generation of sleek, modern, and youthful mid-market India hotels to the country for the enjoyment of natives and tourists on India holidays.
Starwood’s legacy in India began in 1973, when its Sheraton brand debuted in Mumbai. The company has since grown the portfolio to 26 hotels under its Westin, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, The Luxury Collection and Le Méridien brands.
Van Paasschen, says that India holidays have actually been “under-hoteled”, with a total of just 100,000 hotel rooms; while New York City alone has 80,000 rooms.
“When you consider the growth of India’s middle class, the incredible expansion of outsourcing, the country’s rising affluence, and a plugged-in younger generation with a thirst for international brands, it’s easy to see why we’re eager to deepen our roots here.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy the highlights of Cochin, Periyar National Park and Alleppey which is on everyones must-visit list for Kerala
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Add on private tours from an extra Â£99 per person, Â£300Â off the Âusual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
- Add a 7-night Golden Triangle tour (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur) from Â£499 per person
- Add three nights at the beachfront Samudra hotel in Kovalam, with breakfast, from Â£170 more per person including transfers
- Enjoy various extras on the tour including Half day sightseeing of Cochin, Kathakali dance performance, boat ride on Lake Periya and Guided walk through a Spice plantation
- The Houseboat offers a floating holiday on the backwaters highway with Rainbow Cruises and is perhaps the most enchanting holiday experience in the world
- English speaking guide will be available throughout your once in a life-time trip
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Journey on the fastest train in India, the country's very own 'Bullet Train' that was launched in April 2016
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Relax and make the most of your holiday with the 11 nights Superior Golden Triangle and Superior Shimla Highlights
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments (one time only) as per the itinerary
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...