Cuban books confirms the strength of sports and recreation for Cuba holidays
A new book on Cuban Sport Fishing has recently beenn launched by Cuban fishing expert and author Ismael Leon, a self-taught journalist with years of experience in this practice. In the book he shares his knowledge and expertise throughout its 10 chapters.
The allure of sports and recreational activities are indeed a great incentive for travellers considering Cuba holidays, or so seems to confirm a recent press report stating that a new book for Cuban tourism dedicated to Sport Fishing, History and Tradition, "confirms the strength of sport and recreation" in the island.
This new volume that talks about how Cuba holidays are an active experience for many travellers that choose to engage in nautical and land sports, is an extensive research done by the author Ismael León as he uses an “entertaining way to introduce the subject, both for well up readers and inexperienced".
"With 236 pages, over 20 illustrations, photographs and tables, in an edition of two thousand copies, the Scientific-Technical Publisher illustrates the benefits of this practice and its significance from a tourist perspective" - added the Cuban press.
For lovers of sea sports and fishing more specifically, this book displays 10 chapters dedicated to presenting the Landscape of Fisheries, Fisheries as a Colonial Hobby, Clubs, tournaments and publications, as well as outlining partnerships, competitions, strategies, statistics and the impact of American writer Ernest Hemingway and how his time living in Cuba has inspired many worldwide sea lovers to follow the trail of the author of “The Old Man and the Sea” enjoying marine Cuba holidays for the fishing aficionados.
Ismael León the author of the book, who is a self-taught journalist and a fisherman, with a few decades of experience that tie him to this practice, both from a sporting and touristic point of view, the reading of his book allows the curious traveller eager to take active Cuba holidays for fishing, to get to know important elements of this practice and its recreational development in recent years, through different tournaments, in addition to its background, history and basic explanation. The volume's title is 'Cuban Sport Fishing, History and Tradition' and has already gone on sale for all fishing enthusiasts to buy during their sport-fishing Cuba holidays.
"Traditions, symbolic names, the emergence of spaces for sports and other topics make the book an important work not only for those interested in the subject, but for anyone wanting to visit this country for the first time" - León said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...