Viceroy debuts in the Indian Ocean with plans for new Maldives hotel
Winter 2010 will see the dismantling of the first ever Viceroy hotel in the Maldives, marking an important step for the luxury hotelier as it ventures outside the U.S with its first international hotel in this popular Indian Ocean holiday destination.
For the delight of Viceroy fans wanting to take luxury Maldives holidays in true Viceroy-style, the date is nearing for the full launch of the latest addition to the Viceroy family, this time opening in the island of Vagaru at the Shaviyani Atoll in the Maldives.
When December comes we’ll have yet another over-water bungalow accommodation to drool over for exclusive Maldives holidays in a spectacular location with awe-inspiring architecture and décor. If the released pictures are anything to go by, this new Viceroy hotel property will be nothing short of amazingly beautiful and unique with innovative lay outs and refined furniture and amenities to cater to the most discerning of travellers on Maldives holidays.
Once it opens it will be the first Viceroy outside of the Americas although not the first beach resort for Viceroy (there's Viceroy Anguilla and Zihuatanejo.) Due to open by the end of this year, the new property was recently announced just yesterday as Viceroy Hotels and Resorts unveiled its construction plans (already well under way) for providing Maldives holidays with a new level of luxury and elegance with a dash of modern eclecticism. On Viceroy’s recent public announcement it was also revealed that the new Maldives property is currently being developed by Maldives-based, luxury hotel developer, EoN Resorts (EoN), in partnership with Mubadala Development Company. Mubadala is a 50% shareholder in Viceroy Hotel Group, and is actively driving the expansion of the luxury Viceroy Hotels and Resorts brand into key gateway cities and destinations across the globe.
Viceroy Maldives, will be an ultra-exclusive luxury resort currently under construction on the pristine, crescent-shaped island of Vagaru, located in the Shaviyani Atoll, one hour north of the capital Male. Its opening in December 2010 will mark a new level of modern luxury for Maldives holidays following the recent successful launches of Viceroy Miami, Viceroy Snowmass in Colorado and Viceroy Anguilla in the Caribbean.
The new Viceroy Maldives resort will feature 61 luxury villas, situated both over the crystalline water as well as on the beaches that ring the 17-acre Vagaru Island. The villas – amongst the largest in the Maldives –will boast from 1,345 to 3,300-square feet of indoor space, with generous outdoor private areas, all including plunge pools.
Furthermore, for outstanding dining options during Maldives holidays here the resort will also offer 5 unique food and beverage outlets, a spacious over-water spa and fitness center, a signature cantilevered pool and pool deck and a full-service dive and watersports activities center, allowing Viceroy guests to take advantage of the world-class diving, fishing and snorkeling available in the resort’s house reef and beyond.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Transform your senses and discover a new world at the picturesque Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort. The elegantly designed...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....