Demand for Cuba holidays in Western Cuba Grows
Attracted by the lush green colours of its valleys and woodlands, Cuba's most western-point has been attracting a great deal of tourists driving them to Cuba holidays
For beautifully green Cuba holidays more and more tourists are heading west towards one of Cuba’s most stunning green valleys to admire its breathtaking natural beauty. Places such as the Viñales Valley and its surrounding protected biosphere and woodland have become main points of interests and one of the main attractions driving tourists to Western Cuba, which today stands as one of the most visited places for travellers on Cuba holidays, enjoying an unprecedented sustained growth of claims on holidays to that place, coming mostly from Europeans.
Tour operators and travel agents polled by Cuban news agency Prensa Latina certify the growing interest among travellers to have active rests, and they point out Pinar del Rio, (Cuba’s most western city right at the tip of the cocrodile-shaped island) as the most relevant area for such purposes of eco-holidays and Cuba holidays for the naturalists.
This big city or province "the westernmost point of the country, formerly known as Cuba's Cinderella, now has good hotels and tourist packages that allow to know the most beatiful places", add the sources.
Pinar del Rio, has the charm of being the land of the best tobacco in the world, as recognized by experts of the product.
With a total of 10 925 square kilometers of area and a population of 738 302 people, the place was originally named New Philippines, when in 1774 the first government structure was created by the Spanish conquerors.
Four years later adopted today's name, related to its geographical position along Guama River, surrounded by extensive pine forests.
As there are areas for more than 70 percent of all the tobacco in Cuba, the place attracts thousands of the famous habanos cigars smokers, from all continents.
Also from 1984 around 25 hectares of woodland in the area are grouped with the status of Biosphere Reserve granted by UNESCO.
It has very attractive places for tourism, especially that of nature, such as Viñales Valley, San Vicente Valley and the Two Sisters (Dos Hermanas), these being main points driving curious green travellers to Cuba holidays in these green lands. In the area there are about 10 thousand caves registered, up to the present.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...