Demand for Cuba holidays in Western Cuba Grows
Attracted by the lush green colours of its valleys and woodlands, Cuba's most western-point has been attracting a great deal of tourists driving them to Cuba holidays
For beautifully green Cuba holidays more and more tourists are heading west towards one of Cuba’s most stunning green valleys to admire its breathtaking natural beauty. Places such as the Viñales Valley and its surrounding protected biosphere and woodland have become main points of interests and one of the main attractions driving tourists to Western Cuba, which today stands as one of the most visited places for travellers on Cuba holidays, enjoying an unprecedented sustained growth of claims on holidays to that place, coming mostly from Europeans.
Tour operators and travel agents polled by Cuban news agency Prensa Latina certify the growing interest among travellers to have active rests, and they point out Pinar del Rio, (Cuba’s most western city right at the tip of the cocrodile-shaped island) as the most relevant area for such purposes of eco-holidays and Cuba holidays for the naturalists.
This big city or province "the westernmost point of the country, formerly known as Cuba's Cinderella, now has good hotels and tourist packages that allow to know the most beatiful places", add the sources.
Pinar del Rio, has the charm of being the land of the best tobacco in the world, as recognized by experts of the product.
With a total of 10 925 square kilometers of area and a population of 738 302 people, the place was originally named New Philippines, when in 1774 the first government structure was created by the Spanish conquerors.
Four years later adopted today's name, related to its geographical position along Guama River, surrounded by extensive pine forests.
As there are areas for more than 70 percent of all the tobacco in Cuba, the place attracts thousands of the famous habanos cigars smokers, from all continents.
Also from 1984 around 25 hectares of woodland in the area are grouped with the status of Biosphere Reserve granted by UNESCO.
It has very attractive places for tourism, especially that of nature, such as Viñales Valley, San Vicente Valley and the Two Sisters (Dos Hermanas), these being main points driving curious green travellers to Cuba holidays in these green lands. In the area there are about 10 thousand caves registered, up to the present.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...