Demand for Cuba holidays in Western Cuba Grows
Attracted by the lush green colours of its valleys and woodlands, Cuba's most western-point has been attracting a great deal of tourists driving them to Cuba holidays
For beautifully green Cuba holidays more and more tourists are heading west towards one of Cuba’s most stunning green valleys to admire its breathtaking natural beauty. Places such as the Viñales Valley and its surrounding protected biosphere and woodland have become main points of interests and one of the main attractions driving tourists to Western Cuba, which today stands as one of the most visited places for travellers on Cuba holidays, enjoying an unprecedented sustained growth of claims on holidays to that place, coming mostly from Europeans.
Tour operators and travel agents polled by Cuban news agency Prensa Latina certify the growing interest among travellers to have active rests, and they point out Pinar del Rio, (Cuba’s most western city right at the tip of the cocrodile-shaped island) as the most relevant area for such purposes of eco-holidays and Cuba holidays for the naturalists.
This big city or province "the westernmost point of the country, formerly known as Cuba's Cinderella, now has good hotels and tourist packages that allow to know the most beatiful places", add the sources.
Pinar del Rio, has the charm of being the land of the best tobacco in the world, as recognized by experts of the product.
With a total of 10 925 square kilometers of area and a population of 738 302 people, the place was originally named New Philippines, when in 1774 the first government structure was created by the Spanish conquerors.
Four years later adopted today's name, related to its geographical position along Guama River, surrounded by extensive pine forests.
As there are areas for more than 70 percent of all the tobacco in Cuba, the place attracts thousands of the famous habanos cigars smokers, from all continents.
Also from 1984 around 25 hectares of woodland in the area are grouped with the status of Biosphere Reserve granted by UNESCO.
It has very attractive places for tourism, especially that of nature, such as Viñales Valley, San Vicente Valley and the Two Sisters (Dos Hermanas), these being main points driving curious green travellers to Cuba holidays in these green lands. In the area there are about 10 thousand caves registered, up to the present.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...