Demand for Cuba holidays in Western Cuba Grows
Attracted by the lush green colours of its valleys and woodlands, Cuba's most western-point has been attracting a great deal of tourists driving them to Cuba holidays
For beautifully green Cuba holidays more and more tourists are heading west towards one of Cuba’s most stunning green valleys to admire its breathtaking natural beauty. Places such as the Viñales Valley and its surrounding protected biosphere and woodland have become main points of interests and one of the main attractions driving tourists to Western Cuba, which today stands as one of the most visited places for travellers on Cuba holidays, enjoying an unprecedented sustained growth of claims on holidays to that place, coming mostly from Europeans.
Tour operators and travel agents polled by Cuban news agency Prensa Latina certify the growing interest among travellers to have active rests, and they point out Pinar del Rio, (Cuba’s most western city right at the tip of the cocrodile-shaped island) as the most relevant area for such purposes of eco-holidays and Cuba holidays for the naturalists.
This big city or province "the westernmost point of the country, formerly known as Cuba's Cinderella, now has good hotels and tourist packages that allow to know the most beatiful places", add the sources.
Pinar del Rio, has the charm of being the land of the best tobacco in the world, as recognized by experts of the product.
With a total of 10 925 square kilometers of area and a population of 738 302 people, the place was originally named New Philippines, when in 1774 the first government structure was created by the Spanish conquerors.
Four years later adopted today's name, related to its geographical position along Guama River, surrounded by extensive pine forests.
As there are areas for more than 70 percent of all the tobacco in Cuba, the place attracts thousands of the famous habanos cigars smokers, from all continents.
Also from 1984 around 25 hectares of woodland in the area are grouped with the status of Biosphere Reserve granted by UNESCO.
It has very attractive places for tourism, especially that of nature, such as Viñales Valley, San Vicente Valley and the Two Sisters (Dos Hermanas), these being main points driving curious green travellers to Cuba holidays in these green lands. In the area there are about 10 thousand caves registered, up to the present.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...