Starwood Announces Plans for 50 New hotels to provide Middle East and Africa holidays by 2012
Starwood Hotel & Resorts Worldwide have announced that they will open 50 new hotels for travellers looking for accommodation on their Middle East, Europe, and Africa holidays by 2012 as well as 13 hotels which will open in the same division this year.
"With more than 240 hotels in 55 countries in EAME, we currently have a large enough footprint to enjoy the benefits of being an established and leading hotel operator in the most highly sought-after markets.
"That being said, there are still numerous markets in this vast division where we have an opportunity to launch our nine distinct and compelling brands - as evidenced by the debut of the Sheraton brand in the Slovak Republic." - were the words from President of Global Development, Simon Turner said.
The newly opened Sheraton Bratislava Hotel offers 209 guest rooms and suites and is situated in the new multifunctional quarter, EUROVEA, on the Danube embankment in Bratislava.
The Sheraton brand will expand across Europe and is scheduled to open properties in Georgia, Italy and Greece this year.
Starwood is also scheduled to open a series of Africa hotels this year with the new Le Meridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre and the expansion of the Four Points by Sheraton brand which will provide accommodation for travellers taking Africa holidays in Nigeria, Libya, Lagos and Tripoli.
Travellers on Middle East holidays can now enjoy high end accommodation at one of the region’s most luxury Dubai hotels, the Grosvenor House Hotel, which is branded under The Luxury Collection. Guests on Dubai holidays will be able to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf and the Dubai Marina and close proximity to the city centre.
The lifestyle brand, St. Regis, will be opening five new properties over the next five years including Mauritius hotels, Egypt hotels, a property in Doha, Qatar, and two additions to Abu Dhabi hotels.
The St. Regis brand is Starwood’s main luxury brand and was established in 1904 in Manhattan.
Travellers enjoying Mauritius holidays or luxury Egypt holidays will be spoilt and pampered during their stay at the new hotels with the Remede Spas, signature turndown service, Champagne evening rituals, traditional afternoon tea and signature design elements throughout the properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with exclusive savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...