Starwood Announces Plans for 50 New hotels to provide Middle East and Africa holidays by 2012
Starwood Hotel & Resorts Worldwide have announced that they will open 50 new hotels for travellers looking for accommodation on their Middle East, Europe, and Africa holidays by 2012 as well as 13 hotels which will open in the same division this year.
"With more than 240 hotels in 55 countries in EAME, we currently have a large enough footprint to enjoy the benefits of being an established and leading hotel operator in the most highly sought-after markets.
"That being said, there are still numerous markets in this vast division where we have an opportunity to launch our nine distinct and compelling brands - as evidenced by the debut of the Sheraton brand in the Slovak Republic." - were the words from President of Global Development, Simon Turner said.
The newly opened Sheraton Bratislava Hotel offers 209 guest rooms and suites and is situated in the new multifunctional quarter, EUROVEA, on the Danube embankment in Bratislava.
The Sheraton brand will expand across Europe and is scheduled to open properties in Georgia, Italy and Greece this year.
Starwood is also scheduled to open a series of Africa hotels this year with the new Le Meridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre and the expansion of the Four Points by Sheraton brand which will provide accommodation for travellers taking Africa holidays in Nigeria, Libya, Lagos and Tripoli.
Travellers on Middle East holidays can now enjoy high end accommodation at one of the region’s most luxury Dubai hotels, the Grosvenor House Hotel, which is branded under The Luxury Collection. Guests on Dubai holidays will be able to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf and the Dubai Marina and close proximity to the city centre.
The lifestyle brand, St. Regis, will be opening five new properties over the next five years including Mauritius hotels, Egypt hotels, a property in Doha, Qatar, and two additions to Abu Dhabi hotels.
The St. Regis brand is Starwood’s main luxury brand and was established in 1904 in Manhattan.
Travellers enjoying Mauritius holidays or luxury Egypt holidays will be spoilt and pampered during their stay at the new hotels with the Remede Spas, signature turndown service, Champagne evening rituals, traditional afternoon tea and signature design elements throughout the properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...