Starwood Announces Plans for 50 New hotels to provide Middle East and Africa holidays by 2012
Starwood Hotel & Resorts Worldwide have announced that they will open 50 new hotels for travellers looking for accommodation on their Middle East, Europe, and Africa holidays by 2012 as well as 13 hotels which will open in the same division this year.
"With more than 240 hotels in 55 countries in EAME, we currently have a large enough footprint to enjoy the benefits of being an established and leading hotel operator in the most highly sought-after markets.
"That being said, there are still numerous markets in this vast division where we have an opportunity to launch our nine distinct and compelling brands - as evidenced by the debut of the Sheraton brand in the Slovak Republic." - were the words from President of Global Development, Simon Turner said.
The newly opened Sheraton Bratislava Hotel offers 209 guest rooms and suites and is situated in the new multifunctional quarter, EUROVEA, on the Danube embankment in Bratislava.
The Sheraton brand will expand across Europe and is scheduled to open properties in Georgia, Italy and Greece this year.
Starwood is also scheduled to open a series of Africa hotels this year with the new Le Meridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre and the expansion of the Four Points by Sheraton brand which will provide accommodation for travellers taking Africa holidays in Nigeria, Libya, Lagos and Tripoli.
Travellers on Middle East holidays can now enjoy high end accommodation at one of the region’s most luxury Dubai hotels, the Grosvenor House Hotel, which is branded under The Luxury Collection. Guests on Dubai holidays will be able to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf and the Dubai Marina and close proximity to the city centre.
The lifestyle brand, St. Regis, will be opening five new properties over the next five years including Mauritius hotels, Egypt hotels, a property in Doha, Qatar, and two additions to Abu Dhabi hotels.
The St. Regis brand is Starwood’s main luxury brand and was established in 1904 in Manhattan.
Travellers enjoying Mauritius holidays or luxury Egypt holidays will be spoilt and pampered during their stay at the new hotels with the Remede Spas, signature turndown service, Champagne evening rituals, traditional afternoon tea and signature design elements throughout the properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...