Starwood Announces Plans for 50 New hotels to provide Middle East and Africa holidays by 2012
Starwood Hotel & Resorts Worldwide have announced that they will open 50 new hotels for travellers looking for accommodation on their Middle East, Europe, and Africa holidays by 2012 as well as 13 hotels which will open in the same division this year.
"With more than 240 hotels in 55 countries in EAME, we currently have a large enough footprint to enjoy the benefits of being an established and leading hotel operator in the most highly sought-after markets.
"That being said, there are still numerous markets in this vast division where we have an opportunity to launch our nine distinct and compelling brands - as evidenced by the debut of the Sheraton brand in the Slovak Republic." - were the words from President of Global Development, Simon Turner said.
The newly opened Sheraton Bratislava Hotel offers 209 guest rooms and suites and is situated in the new multifunctional quarter, EUROVEA, on the Danube embankment in Bratislava.
The Sheraton brand will expand across Europe and is scheduled to open properties in Georgia, Italy and Greece this year.
Starwood is also scheduled to open a series of Africa hotels this year with the new Le Meridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre and the expansion of the Four Points by Sheraton brand which will provide accommodation for travellers taking Africa holidays in Nigeria, Libya, Lagos and Tripoli.
Travellers on Middle East holidays can now enjoy high end accommodation at one of the region’s most luxury Dubai hotels, the Grosvenor House Hotel, which is branded under The Luxury Collection. Guests on Dubai holidays will be able to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf and the Dubai Marina and close proximity to the city centre.
The lifestyle brand, St. Regis, will be opening five new properties over the next five years including Mauritius hotels, Egypt hotels, a property in Doha, Qatar, and two additions to Abu Dhabi hotels.
The St. Regis brand is Starwood’s main luxury brand and was established in 1904 in Manhattan.
Travellers enjoying Mauritius holidays or luxury Egypt holidays will be spoilt and pampered during their stay at the new hotels with the Remede Spas, signature turndown service, Champagne evening rituals, traditional afternoon tea and signature design elements throughout the properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...