Increase in Sri Lanka Holidays as Region's Tourism Recovers
With the number of travellers taking Sri Lanka holidays on the increase it appears that the picturesque island is starting to look like its old self after recovering from a number of tragic events such as the 2004 Tsunami and 25 year long civil war.
Since the end of the Sri Lankan civil conflict last year, the number of visitors taking holidays to Sri Lanka has increased significantly and tourism businesses and Sri Lanka hotels are starting to see the benefits at long last.
Last month, the beautiful Indian Ocean Island saw the number of visitors increase by an impressive 48 percent in comparison to the same time last year with 68 percent rise in British tourists.
With a wide range of Sri Lanka holidays on offer, travellers can enjoy luxury holidays on the beach or more adventurous trips as three wildlife parks open to the public.
Nature lovers on holidays in Sri Lanka can take part in mini safaris within the largest nature reserve in Sri Lanka, Wilpattu. Located 176km north from the island’s capital, Colombo, the nature site has re-opened to the public after closing for three decades in order preserve the park.
Visitors will have the opportunity to experience sightings of crocodiles, leopards, cobras and Ceylon sloth bears in their natural habitat and at a fraction of the cost of other safaris throughout the world.
Visitors taking Sri Lanka holidays in the southeast can enjoy the Yala national park which is rich in bird nature. Nature enthusiasts may be lucky enough to encounter parrots, kingfishers, leopards, elephants, deer, pythons, wild boar, and monkeys on one of the organised safaris. After an adventurous day in the wild, visitors can enjoy comfortable accommodation in the park’s revamped eco-lodges.
Uda Walawe Park in the southeast of Sri Lanka also provides spectacular sightings of elephants, water buffalos and jackals whilst visitors take in the stunning scenery on their Sri Lanka holidays.
Travellers who are looking for luxury Sri Lanka holidays can enjoy the wide range of lavish beachfront resorts and authentic jungle wellness retreats at affordable prices with a number of all inclusive or half board packages available.
The stunning island offers pristine white sandy beaches, warm temperatures, sparkling waters, and a collection of luxurious accommodation throughout the region, perfect for romantic escapes or family adventures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....