Increase in Sri Lanka Holidays as Region's Tourism Recovers
With the number of travellers taking Sri Lanka holidays on the increase it appears that the picturesque island is starting to look like its old self after recovering from a number of tragic events such as the 2004 Tsunami and 25 year long civil war.
Since the end of the Sri Lankan civil conflict last year, the number of visitors taking holidays to Sri Lanka has increased significantly and tourism businesses and Sri Lanka hotels are starting to see the benefits at long last.
Last month, the beautiful Indian Ocean Island saw the number of visitors increase by an impressive 48 percent in comparison to the same time last year with 68 percent rise in British tourists.
With a wide range of Sri Lanka holidays on offer, travellers can enjoy luxury holidays on the beach or more adventurous trips as three wildlife parks open to the public.
Nature lovers on holidays in Sri Lanka can take part in mini safaris within the largest nature reserve in Sri Lanka, Wilpattu. Located 176km north from the island’s capital, Colombo, the nature site has re-opened to the public after closing for three decades in order preserve the park.
Visitors will have the opportunity to experience sightings of crocodiles, leopards, cobras and Ceylon sloth bears in their natural habitat and at a fraction of the cost of other safaris throughout the world.
Visitors taking Sri Lanka holidays in the southeast can enjoy the Yala national park which is rich in bird nature. Nature enthusiasts may be lucky enough to encounter parrots, kingfishers, leopards, elephants, deer, pythons, wild boar, and monkeys on one of the organised safaris. After an adventurous day in the wild, visitors can enjoy comfortable accommodation in the park’s revamped eco-lodges.
Uda Walawe Park in the southeast of Sri Lanka also provides spectacular sightings of elephants, water buffalos and jackals whilst visitors take in the stunning scenery on their Sri Lanka holidays.
Travellers who are looking for luxury Sri Lanka holidays can enjoy the wide range of lavish beachfront resorts and authentic jungle wellness retreats at affordable prices with a number of all inclusive or half board packages available.
The stunning island offers pristine white sandy beaches, warm temperatures, sparkling waters, and a collection of luxurious accommodation throughout the region, perfect for romantic escapes or family adventures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
This holiday offers an amazing combination of adventure and discovery before a relaxing stay on the beach
- Jetwing Beach has a breathtaking costal location offering the chance to relax on the pristine beach
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour is an adventures dream where you will discover the jewels of Kandy
- This holiday is perfectly combined to ensure adventure and relaxation are evenly matched which makes for an unforgettable holiday
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...