Despite crisis BA starts flying to St Kitts holidays on Saturday as scheduled
Last Monday it was confirmed that British Airways' new flight frequency to St Kitts Robert L Bradshaw International Airport arrived on time on Saturday as scheduled despite the strike crisis the airline is currently experiencing.
For more travel flexibility on St Kitts holidays, British Airways’ new flight frequency to St Kitts’ Robert L Bradshaw International Airport has been confirmed to have operated right on schedule for last Saturday.
Police Inspector in the Immigration Department, Elrethea Richardson said Monday British Airways arrived on Saturday right on time with 134 passengers. She added that 100 passengers were onboard when it departed for the VC Bird International Airport in Antigua enroute to London-Gatwick.
At the same time, offering more options for Brits travelling to St Kitts holidays, British Airways is also expected to introduce a further second weekly flight into St Kitts’ Robert L Bradshaw International Airport on March 30, 2010 and this flight is not expected to be affected by the controversial industrial action currently taking place.
Meanwhile, in London, the BBC reported that striking British Airways cabin crew offered to resume talks on Monday and try to settle issues with the company in order to end the dispute. However as stated before these actions are not likely to disturb the new BA routes to St Kitts holidays.
Cabin crew were due to return to work on Tuesday after a three-day strike that has disrupted flights from London's main Heathrow airport. Unions plan a second, four-day stoppage from next Saturday, grounding flights at a critical time right before the busy Easter holiday period, in a dispute that centres on cost-cutting plans and staffing levels.
“They want me to work for less than half I'm earning now. I'd lose my home,” were the words from a concerned striking cabin crew member with 20 years experience. “The media is portraying us as spoilt rotten, overpaid waitresses.”
Addressing a lively rally of union members at a sports ground close to London's Heathrow Airport, Unite joint general secretary Tony Woodley accused BA management of an attempt to destroy union influence.
“This dispute is costing this company an arm and a leg. We can reach a negotiated settlement. Come back to the table,” he urged BA, as union members around him banged drums and blew whistles, brandishing cardboard cut outs of BA Chief Executive Willie Walsh with demon red eyes.
BA tried to calm worried travellers by saying the impact of the strike had been limited and that there was no estimate yet as to how much it would cost the company.
“Over the weekend more than 75 % of our flights around the world departed punctually, with several hundred departing early,” it said in a statement.
Share market reaction however was muted, as BA shares are shedding less than 1% in a lower market.
The dispute arose in the first place because BA, which has 12,000 cabin crew, wants to save an annual 62.5 million pounds ($95 million) to help cope with a fall in demand, volatile fuel prices and increased competition from low-cost carriers. The situation is so extreme that the company has leased planes and crew from budget airline Ryanair) to help keep passengers on the move get to their holiday destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...