Despite crisis BA starts flying to St Kitts holidays on Saturday as scheduled
Last Monday it was confirmed that British Airways' new flight frequency to St Kitts Robert L Bradshaw International Airport arrived on time on Saturday as scheduled despite the strike crisis the airline is currently experiencing.
For more travel flexibility on St Kitts holidays, British Airways’ new flight frequency to St Kitts’ Robert L Bradshaw International Airport has been confirmed to have operated right on schedule for last Saturday.
Police Inspector in the Immigration Department, Elrethea Richardson said Monday British Airways arrived on Saturday right on time with 134 passengers. She added that 100 passengers were onboard when it departed for the VC Bird International Airport in Antigua enroute to London-Gatwick.
At the same time, offering more options for Brits travelling to St Kitts holidays, British Airways is also expected to introduce a further second weekly flight into St Kitts’ Robert L Bradshaw International Airport on March 30, 2010 and this flight is not expected to be affected by the controversial industrial action currently taking place.
Meanwhile, in London, the BBC reported that striking British Airways cabin crew offered to resume talks on Monday and try to settle issues with the company in order to end the dispute. However as stated before these actions are not likely to disturb the new BA routes to St Kitts holidays.
Cabin crew were due to return to work on Tuesday after a three-day strike that has disrupted flights from London's main Heathrow airport. Unions plan a second, four-day stoppage from next Saturday, grounding flights at a critical time right before the busy Easter holiday period, in a dispute that centres on cost-cutting plans and staffing levels.
“They want me to work for less than half I'm earning now. I'd lose my home,” were the words from a concerned striking cabin crew member with 20 years experience. “The media is portraying us as spoilt rotten, overpaid waitresses.”
Addressing a lively rally of union members at a sports ground close to London's Heathrow Airport, Unite joint general secretary Tony Woodley accused BA management of an attempt to destroy union influence.
“This dispute is costing this company an arm and a leg. We can reach a negotiated settlement. Come back to the table,” he urged BA, as union members around him banged drums and blew whistles, brandishing cardboard cut outs of BA Chief Executive Willie Walsh with demon red eyes.
BA tried to calm worried travellers by saying the impact of the strike had been limited and that there was no estimate yet as to how much it would cost the company.
“Over the weekend more than 75 % of our flights around the world departed punctually, with several hundred departing early,” it said in a statement.
Share market reaction however was muted, as BA shares are shedding less than 1% in a lower market.
The dispute arose in the first place because BA, which has 12,000 cabin crew, wants to save an annual 62.5 million pounds ($95 million) to help cope with a fall in demand, volatile fuel prices and increased competition from low-cost carriers. The situation is so extreme that the company has leased planes and crew from budget airline Ryanair) to help keep passengers on the move get to their holiday destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...