Showcasing Dynamic Dubai Holidays to the World at ITB
The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) took part in the recent International Tourism Exchange (ITB) for the 21st year in row, showcasing Dubai holidays and a range of tourism products in the Middle East region.
The world’s largest tourism five-day fair took place in Berlin from 10-14 March and included over a hundred representatives from Dubai hotels, tour operators, airlines, stakeholders, and travel companies who specialise in luxury holidays and holidays in Dubai.
Dubai is one of seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates region and over the years has established itself as a successful business and leisure destination whilst playing host to a number of world class events including the Dubai World Cup which is due to take place later this month.
The tourism fair saw approximately 11,000 exhibitors from over 180 countries present their travel services and products to over 100,000 travel trade visitors and 70,000 members of the public at the ITB’s 44th edition of the event.
Taking up halls 1 – 26, the tourism fair’s exhibition space took up 160,000 metres of the Berlin Exhibition Grounds (ICC Berlin).
DTCM Director of Overseas Promotions and Inward Missions, Mr. Saleh Mohammed Al Geziry, said:
“The ITB remains an ideal event for us to aggressively promote and market Dubai in overseas markets. It again provided us the opportunity to showcase the best of Dubai to a global audience. We are confident that our co-partners will benefit immensely from the ITB.”
The participation in ITB is expected to help boost tourism in Dubai as travel companies and officials reached out to encourage Germans, who have shown interest in the region, to take Dubai holidays and business trips to the Middle East region.
This year the new Dubai double-decker stand had 58 booths and 111 co-participants who were keen to present their services and products to the German market.
The number of German hotel guests taking Dubai holidays last year rose by three per cent as the German market continues to express interest in the region both as a leisure and business destination.
VIPs who visited Dubai’s impressive stand at the fair included Director of General of UAE’s National Council for Tourism and Antiquities, Mohammed Khamis bin Hareb; Lebanese Minister of Tourism, Fadi Abboud; and UAE Ambassador to Germany, H.E Mohammed Ahmad Al Mahmoud.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...