Showcasing Dynamic Dubai Holidays to the World at ITB
The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) took part in the recent International Tourism Exchange (ITB) for the 21st year in row, showcasing Dubai holidays and a range of tourism products in the Middle East region.
The world’s largest tourism five-day fair took place in Berlin from 10-14 March and included over a hundred representatives from Dubai hotels, tour operators, airlines, stakeholders, and travel companies who specialise in luxury holidays and holidays in Dubai.
Dubai is one of seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates region and over the years has established itself as a successful business and leisure destination whilst playing host to a number of world class events including the Dubai World Cup which is due to take place later this month.
The tourism fair saw approximately 11,000 exhibitors from over 180 countries present their travel services and products to over 100,000 travel trade visitors and 70,000 members of the public at the ITB’s 44th edition of the event.
Taking up halls 1 – 26, the tourism fair’s exhibition space took up 160,000 metres of the Berlin Exhibition Grounds (ICC Berlin).
DTCM Director of Overseas Promotions and Inward Missions, Mr. Saleh Mohammed Al Geziry, said:
“The ITB remains an ideal event for us to aggressively promote and market Dubai in overseas markets. It again provided us the opportunity to showcase the best of Dubai to a global audience. We are confident that our co-partners will benefit immensely from the ITB.”
The participation in ITB is expected to help boost tourism in Dubai as travel companies and officials reached out to encourage Germans, who have shown interest in the region, to take Dubai holidays and business trips to the Middle East region.
This year the new Dubai double-decker stand had 58 booths and 111 co-participants who were keen to present their services and products to the German market.
The number of German hotel guests taking Dubai holidays last year rose by three per cent as the German market continues to express interest in the region both as a leisure and business destination.
VIPs who visited Dubai’s impressive stand at the fair included Director of General of UAE’s National Council for Tourism and Antiquities, Mohammed Khamis bin Hareb; Lebanese Minister of Tourism, Fadi Abboud; and UAE Ambassador to Germany, H.E Mohammed Ahmad Al Mahmoud.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...