Opening of the World's Five-Star Trackside hotel in Dubai
Racing enthusiasts looking for accommodation on their Dubai holidays can now stay at the world's first five-star trackside hotel, The Meydan, where they can enjoy unobstructed views of the racecourse from the luxury of their own room balcony.
The luxury Dubai hotel opened its doors to its first guests on 4 March 2010 where they enjoyed an opening night entertainment program of racing events and a live concert performance from the world famous singer, Sting.
The Meydan is the first in the history of Dubai hotels to form an integral, part of the Meydan Grandstand and Racecourse, the new home to the spectacular world’s richest Dubai World Cup horseracing event.
As well as providing exclusive access to horse races, the hotel offers guests on luxury holidays a range of high quality facilities and stylish comfortable accommodation.
Each of the 285 guest rooms feature equestrian themed motifs combined with modern luxury design and decor. In 95% of the rooms, there are balconies which provide guests with panoramic views of the racecourse so that they can relax and enjoy the exciting events from the comfort of their own room with some of the best views in the house.
Vice President of Meydan Hotels and Hospitality Division, Abdin Nasralla, said:
“The Meydan and its offering of unique experiences is a gift not only to the racing world, but for all who can appreciate superior service and hospitality excellence. We are especially pleased to open The Meydan in time for this year’s Dubai World Cup where a room at The Meydan will naturally make this already special occasion a once in a lifetime experience.”
To make Dubai holidays even more enjoyable the luxury hotel features a rooftop infinity pool with views overlooking the action taking place on the racecourse below.
Luxury facilities at the exclusive hotel include a wellness spa; a gym suite; a business centre; a club lounge; three gourmet restaurants with international dishes available throughout the days; and state of the art conferencing and meeting facilities which offer visitors panoramic views of the racecourse.
Mr Nasralla continued:
“We invite the world to stay with us and experience our superior hospitality and service. Whether it be on race days or otherwise, a regular programme of entertainment and events will make The Meydan an international focal point for those wanting to enjoy themselves with memorable and unique experiences”.
Lucky guests taking Dubai holidays at the hotel on 27 March 2010 will see an amazing double bill of Santana and Elton John who will follow the running of the Dubai World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
This four star contemporary hotel has been designed to cater for both leisure and business travellers alike. Whether...