Opening of the World's Five-Star Trackside hotel in Dubai
Racing enthusiasts looking for accommodation on their Dubai holidays can now stay at the world's first five-star trackside hotel, The Meydan, where they can enjoy unobstructed views of the racecourse from the luxury of their own room balcony.
The luxury Dubai hotel opened its doors to its first guests on 4 March 2010 where they enjoyed an opening night entertainment program of racing events and a live concert performance from the world famous singer, Sting.
The Meydan is the first in the history of Dubai hotels to form an integral, part of the Meydan Grandstand and Racecourse, the new home to the spectacular world’s richest Dubai World Cup horseracing event.
As well as providing exclusive access to horse races, the hotel offers guests on luxury holidays a range of high quality facilities and stylish comfortable accommodation.
Each of the 285 guest rooms feature equestrian themed motifs combined with modern luxury design and decor. In 95% of the rooms, there are balconies which provide guests with panoramic views of the racecourse so that they can relax and enjoy the exciting events from the comfort of their own room with some of the best views in the house.
Vice President of Meydan Hotels and Hospitality Division, Abdin Nasralla, said:
“The Meydan and its offering of unique experiences is a gift not only to the racing world, but for all who can appreciate superior service and hospitality excellence. We are especially pleased to open The Meydan in time for this year’s Dubai World Cup where a room at The Meydan will naturally make this already special occasion a once in a lifetime experience.”
To make Dubai holidays even more enjoyable the luxury hotel features a rooftop infinity pool with views overlooking the action taking place on the racecourse below.
Luxury facilities at the exclusive hotel include a wellness spa; a gym suite; a business centre; a club lounge; three gourmet restaurants with international dishes available throughout the days; and state of the art conferencing and meeting facilities which offer visitors panoramic views of the racecourse.
Mr Nasralla continued:
“We invite the world to stay with us and experience our superior hospitality and service. Whether it be on race days or otherwise, a regular programme of entertainment and events will make The Meydan an international focal point for those wanting to enjoy themselves with memorable and unique experiences”.
Lucky guests taking Dubai holidays at the hotel on 27 March 2010 will see an amazing double bill of Santana and Elton John who will follow the running of the Dubai World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...