Cancun International Airport rated top airport in Latin America-Caribbean region
Cancun Airport has been named as the top performing airport in the Latin America - Caribbean region by Airports Council International and received recognition for its high level of service towards travellers on flights to Cancun and Cancun holidays.
The airport was recognised for its high quality of modern facilities for passengers on Cancun holidays, friendly and relaxed ambience, and spotlessly clean terminal. Airports Council International (ACI) also gave Cancun International Airport the "Best Improvement Award", recognising the progress made in improving the quality of service offered by staff and officials.
Ten factors are identified as essential elements in order to receive top recognition from ACI. These include the airport's ambience; cleanliness of the terminals; comfort of the waiting areas, availability of washrooms; cleanliness of washrooms; helpfulness of airport staff members; business lounges; level of ease of making connections; passport/ ID inspections; and level of shopping facilities.
In order to qualify for the recognition from ACI, airports must strive to keep up with the expectations and standards of customers and introduce new innovations to keep passengers happy. Cancun International Airport now meets these high standards and provides visitors on Cancun holidays with an enjoyable airport experience.
Cancun's airport is Mexico's second busiest airport next to Mexico City International Airport, but is the biggest airport in Latin America and Mexico for international passengers taking holidays in Cancun and travelling onto other regions in the Caribbean. ASQ, a leading standard tool, is available to help participating airports measure the level of improvements made each year and monitor the performance of airport services. The tool is now used by many airports all across the world.
Cancun International Airport will receive their award at the official ceremony which will take place at the ACI Asia Pacific Region's Annual Conference in Sanya, Hainan, China on 13 May 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...