Cancun International Airport rated top airport in Latin America-Caribbean region
Cancun Airport has been named as the top performing airport in the Latin America - Caribbean region by Airports Council International and received recognition for its high level of service towards travellers on flights to Cancun and Cancun holidays.
The airport was recognised for its high quality of modern facilities for passengers on Cancun holidays, friendly and relaxed ambience, and spotlessly clean terminal. Airports Council International (ACI) also gave Cancun International Airport the "Best Improvement Award", recognising the progress made in improving the quality of service offered by staff and officials.
Ten factors are identified as essential elements in order to receive top recognition from ACI. These include the airport's ambience; cleanliness of the terminals; comfort of the waiting areas, availability of washrooms; cleanliness of washrooms; helpfulness of airport staff members; business lounges; level of ease of making connections; passport/ ID inspections; and level of shopping facilities.
In order to qualify for the recognition from ACI, airports must strive to keep up with the expectations and standards of customers and introduce new innovations to keep passengers happy. Cancun International Airport now meets these high standards and provides visitors on Cancun holidays with an enjoyable airport experience.
Cancun's airport is Mexico's second busiest airport next to Mexico City International Airport, but is the biggest airport in Latin America and Mexico for international passengers taking holidays in Cancun and travelling onto other regions in the Caribbean. ASQ, a leading standard tool, is available to help participating airports measure the level of improvements made each year and monitor the performance of airport services. The tool is now used by many airports all across the world.
Cancun International Airport will receive their award at the official ceremony which will take place at the ACI Asia Pacific Region's Annual Conference in Sanya, Hainan, China on 13 May 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...