Cuba holidays promote their product at the World Tourism Show in Paris
Cuba is currently displaying and promoting its holiday product at France's biggest travel show of its kind, taking place from 17-21 March, 2010. During the 4-day event Le Monde a Paris (MAP) will be welcoming over 500 exhibitors from all over the world.
The Cuba holiday product is currently being showcased and promoted during the Parisian world tourism fair that started yesterday and is to last until 21st March, 2010. Over the 4-day event the World Tourism Fair – or Le Monde à Paris (MAP), the World in Paris – will welcome over 500 exhibitors from France and abroad including tourist offices, airlines, tour operators, travel agencies, cruise operators, specialist travel planners, etc..) in what amounts to France’s biggest travel show of its kind.
Gathering all the key industry players in France and the world of international tourism, Cuba has great interest on displaying Cuba holidays to catch the eye of this attractive market and possibly make a few ties with the French holiday world. As France is currently the sixth visitor to Cuba in terms of volume, (lagging behind European countries like England, Spain, Italy and Germany) and having once been at the second and third position, Cuba wants to recapture the attention of the French holiday market and show them the full potential of Cuba holidays and its many attractions in order to push up the French number of visitors and increase the overall number of French travellers to the island.
This year world tourism fair ‘The World in Paris’ has a themed tribute to the renowned Polish pianist and composer Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin, and will be dedicated to Culture and Heritage (architechtural, artistic, natural, culinary and more) all aspects in which Cuba holidays hope to be identified as a strong contestant with rich cultural value. In addition the event will account with participation from several Latin American countries, including Mexico and the Dominican Republic, who is also there to promote Dominican Republic holidays.
Luckily for Cuba holidays, the tourism event on this occasion also aims at promoting holiday destinations in Latin America and Caribbean holidays as well as putting an emphasis on the French Riviera and, particularly, Russia who this year will be the guest of honour.
Gilberto Lopez, director of the Office of the Cuban Tourism Ministry in France, told the Cuban Prensa Latina news agency that the island’s stand has representatives from Cuba hotels, tour operators and country’s national Cubana de Aviación airline.
He added that for the event a range of famous Cuban cocktails would be prepared with the world renowned Havana Club rum and these will be offered freely at the stand, which will also include a group of traditional Cuban music and a salsa dancing couple who will animate the event and even offer to show a few dancing steps to observers.
To enhance the image of Cuba holidays and give attendees a better taste of the island and what it has to offer, after the fair, the traditional Viva Cuba Round will take place using a bus decorated with images of Cuban cities, beaches and landscapes. The bus will visit the French cities of Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseilles, Nice and Lyon, and stopping at all of them to gather crows and show them what Cuba holidays are all about.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...