Cuba holidays promote their product at the World Tourism Show in Paris
Cuba is currently displaying and promoting its holiday product at France's biggest travel show of its kind, taking place from 17-21 March, 2010. During the 4-day event Le Monde a Paris (MAP) will be welcoming over 500 exhibitors from all over the world.
The Cuba holiday product is currently being showcased and promoted during the Parisian world tourism fair that started yesterday and is to last until 21st March, 2010. Over the 4-day event the World Tourism Fair – or Le Monde à Paris (MAP), the World in Paris – will welcome over 500 exhibitors from France and abroad including tourist offices, airlines, tour operators, travel agencies, cruise operators, specialist travel planners, etc..) in what amounts to France’s biggest travel show of its kind.
Gathering all the key industry players in France and the world of international tourism, Cuba has great interest on displaying Cuba holidays to catch the eye of this attractive market and possibly make a few ties with the French holiday world. As France is currently the sixth visitor to Cuba in terms of volume, (lagging behind European countries like England, Spain, Italy and Germany) and having once been at the second and third position, Cuba wants to recapture the attention of the French holiday market and show them the full potential of Cuba holidays and its many attractions in order to push up the French number of visitors and increase the overall number of French travellers to the island.
This year world tourism fair ‘The World in Paris’ has a themed tribute to the renowned Polish pianist and composer Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin, and will be dedicated to Culture and Heritage (architechtural, artistic, natural, culinary and more) all aspects in which Cuba holidays hope to be identified as a strong contestant with rich cultural value. In addition the event will account with participation from several Latin American countries, including Mexico and the Dominican Republic, who is also there to promote Dominican Republic holidays.
Luckily for Cuba holidays, the tourism event on this occasion also aims at promoting holiday destinations in Latin America and Caribbean holidays as well as putting an emphasis on the French Riviera and, particularly, Russia who this year will be the guest of honour.
Gilberto Lopez, director of the Office of the Cuban Tourism Ministry in France, told the Cuban Prensa Latina news agency that the island’s stand has representatives from Cuba hotels, tour operators and country’s national Cubana de Aviación airline.
He added that for the event a range of famous Cuban cocktails would be prepared with the world renowned Havana Club rum and these will be offered freely at the stand, which will also include a group of traditional Cuban music and a salsa dancing couple who will animate the event and even offer to show a few dancing steps to observers.
To enhance the image of Cuba holidays and give attendees a better taste of the island and what it has to offer, after the fair, the traditional Viva Cuba Round will take place using a bus decorated with images of Cuban cities, beaches and landscapes. The bus will visit the French cities of Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseilles, Nice and Lyon, and stopping at all of them to gather crows and show them what Cuba holidays are all about.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...