Cancun holidays with Elton John concert in April
Officially announcing his next concert to be taking place in Mexico's astonishing Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza, Sir Elton John has confirmed the event's date scheduled for next month on 3rd April 2010, giving a great excuse for fans to take Cancun holidays
Those Elton John fans to be enjoying Cancun holidays during April are in for a real treat as it has been formally announced that Sir Elton Hercules will be offering a concert at one of the 7 Wonders of the New World, right at the colossal Mayan pyramids of Chichen Itza.
The world famous British singer, composer and pianist is due to offer what promises to be an unforgettable live performance on Saturday, 3rd April, 2010. And he will do it in style at one of the world’s most awe-inspiring mystical sites. Expected to be the night of a lifetime, he is due to put on an amazing show in an unsurpassable background of ancient history and historic, legendary value.
Located half way between Cancun and Merida the Chichen Itza is one of the most famous archaeological sites, having recently been voted as on of the new 7 Wonders of the World. For those on Cancun holidays during the concert, it’s not hard to get here and see the main structures during the day on a full day trip from Cancun. The trip can be then completed by enjoying the evening performance that will take place here.
Some travel websites such as Yucatan Holidays are already offering special tickets and packages to enjoy Cancun holidays with the added value of visiting Chichen Itza and staying for the concert. With a package including Cancun accommodation, round trip transportation from the airport to the hotel, and then from the hotel to Chichen Itza plus concert tickets starting at $390 (flights not included)…what better excuse to go on adventurous Cancun holidays exploring the amazing sites at Chichen Itza and then staying there for a memorable concert?
Tickets can be separately bought and are already on sale through ticketmaster.com and many other websites. With a wide range of tickets options, from pricey to reasonable (going for 10, 000, 7500, 5000, 3000, 2000 and 1000 Mexican pesos) this spectacular event is affordable for every pocket.
Just a few months ago, Chichen Itza also played host to the performance of British Soprano, Sara Brightman who staged a concert on 31st October 2009, and now Elton Johan has been quick to follow. Thus it seems like Chichien Itza is becoming a spectacular new favourite concert venue for international artists who are simply enchanting by its empowering structure and majestic allure. Certainly one of the places not to miss during any Cancun holidays! And when you start planning (which must be soon, because cheap ticket prices will be quick to go!) your visit to see this once-in-a-lifetime Elton John concert, be sure to leave some extra time to enjoy the many other natural wonders of the Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun and the Riviera Maya. We at the Holiday Place always have some great deals for you, so don’t hesitate and book your Elton John Cancun holidays now!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...