Cancun holidays with Elton John concert in April
Officially announcing his next concert to be taking place in Mexico's astonishing Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza, Sir Elton John has confirmed the event's date scheduled for next month on 3rd April 2010, giving a great excuse for fans to take Cancun holidays
Those Elton John fans to be enjoying Cancun holidays during April are in for a real treat as it has been formally announced that Sir Elton Hercules will be offering a concert at one of the 7 Wonders of the New World, right at the colossal Mayan pyramids of Chichen Itza.
The world famous British singer, composer and pianist is due to offer what promises to be an unforgettable live performance on Saturday, 3rd April, 2010. And he will do it in style at one of the world’s most awe-inspiring mystical sites. Expected to be the night of a lifetime, he is due to put on an amazing show in an unsurpassable background of ancient history and historic, legendary value.
Located half way between Cancun and Merida the Chichen Itza is one of the most famous archaeological sites, having recently been voted as on of the new 7 Wonders of the World. For those on Cancun holidays during the concert, it’s not hard to get here and see the main structures during the day on a full day trip from Cancun. The trip can be then completed by enjoying the evening performance that will take place here.
Some travel websites such as Yucatan Holidays are already offering special tickets and packages to enjoy Cancun holidays with the added value of visiting Chichen Itza and staying for the concert. With a package including Cancun accommodation, round trip transportation from the airport to the hotel, and then from the hotel to Chichen Itza plus concert tickets starting at $390 (flights not included)…what better excuse to go on adventurous Cancun holidays exploring the amazing sites at Chichen Itza and then staying there for a memorable concert?
Tickets can be separately bought and are already on sale through ticketmaster.com and many other websites. With a wide range of tickets options, from pricey to reasonable (going for 10, 000, 7500, 5000, 3000, 2000 and 1000 Mexican pesos) this spectacular event is affordable for every pocket.
Just a few months ago, Chichen Itza also played host to the performance of British Soprano, Sara Brightman who staged a concert on 31st October 2009, and now Elton Johan has been quick to follow. Thus it seems like Chichien Itza is becoming a spectacular new favourite concert venue for international artists who are simply enchanting by its empowering structure and majestic allure. Certainly one of the places not to miss during any Cancun holidays! And when you start planning (which must be soon, because cheap ticket prices will be quick to go!) your visit to see this once-in-a-lifetime Elton John concert, be sure to leave some extra time to enjoy the many other natural wonders of the Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun and the Riviera Maya. We at the Holiday Place always have some great deals for you, so don’t hesitate and book your Elton John Cancun holidays now!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...