Elegant Hotels in Barbados Announces Renovation Program
New renovations projects and plans have been announced by the Elegant Hotels Group in Barbados, as they officially unveil the launch of a series of celebrations and special programs to start from 1st November 2010 with the re-opening of Tamarind Cove.
The luxury Elegant Hotels Group in Barbados is delighted to announce a new multi-million dollar investment in new programs and property renovations across all five of their Barbados hotels. Along with the launch of this new renovation program due to spice up Barbados holidays at these Elegant resorts, the Group will be simultaneously launching a series of celebrations and special programs to start from November 1, 2010.
The new “Tamarind Cove” will be the first to undergo the renovation process. After the refurbishment works it will feature fully renovated and modernised guestrooms, the addition of an intimate spa and relaxation space, two completely redesigned and re-imagined restaurants - including a stylish new late-night poolside tapas lounge while the former Sasso, and Tangiers will be transformed with a new deck overlooking the ocean and allowing guests a premium position on one of Barbados most idyllic beach fronts, a place to truly unwind and admire the beauty of the landscape during your Barbados holidays.
In the meantime, pool and communal areas at Tamarind will be fitted with contemporary loungers, day beds and decks, as outdoor spaces are transformed into outdoor ‘living rooms’ providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and events. For romantic Barbados holidays new floor cushions, throws and striking new lighting, will providing an atmosphere of romance for couples.
For fantastic family Barbados holidays on the other hand, Tamarind will also be introducing the newly designed “Flying Fish” kids club, a pioneering program that will be later rolled out across the Elegant Hotels collection. The new kids club will cater to a range of ages, while a separate ‘Teen Den’ will offer the perfect place for teenagers to hang out and relax during their Barbados holidays here. The den will include the latest in teen technology including large screen WII and popular games consoles as well as other activities on and off the resort.
The November launch of Tamarind, when combined with the adjacent newly renovated Zagat-rated Daphne’s Restaurant and the completely refurbished stylish boutique hotel, The House, will be marking nothing less than the birth of a new Barbados holiday destination. The trio of Elegant Hotels Group properties promise a welcome jolt of energy and style for the stretch of Barbados’ “platinum” West Coast, that’s sure to inspire a new generation of loyal guests to choose these breathtaking resorts when selecting where to stay for their Barbados holidays.
Renovations at Tamarind will be accompanied by new programs and upgrades across the whole Elegant Hotels collection, but these additional projects will unfold behind the scenes without any disruption to guests. Updates to all rooms and selected public areas at Elegant’s two popular all inclusive resorts, Crystal Cove and Turtle Beach, are scheduled to be largely completed by Christmas of 2010. Changes will include a complete upgrade to contemporary and stylish new furniture and soft goods, installation of additional flat screen LCD televisions, IPod and MP3 station, laptop compatible safes and other improvements.
Meanwhile, new Discovery packages are in the works, and a range of culinary themed programs, from cooking classes at the new Tamarind to “Taste of Elegance” programs across the collection are also on tap.
However we can reassure you that Barbados holidays at Elegant Resorts in 2010 are still possible, as during this upcoming period of renovation any guests booked at Tamarind Cove during the 4-month closure commencing 1st July, 2010 will be offered alternative accommodation within other Elegant Hotels properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...