Invitation to jazzy St Lucia holidays with Tea Time Jazz 2010
As the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 nears, the pre-festival activities are announced, such is the case for the Tea Time Jazz, now in its 13th year running and this time around promising as many free concerts and events where entertainment is guaranteed.
Calling all those holidaymakers about to embark on St Lucia holidays in April and warning those who haven’t taken the plunge yet that now is the time to do it and book fabulous music-tastic St Lucia holidays for May in order to enjoy the best of the prelude parties and concerts ahead of ST Lucia Jazz Festivall 2010. The pre-party goes by the name of Tea Time Jazz and will feature a range of free concerts accompanied by light refreshments and of course, tea!
For the 13th year running, La Place Carenage will host its annual Tea Time Jazz, a mini-festival that precedes the major Jazz Festival in May and which is added to the official Calendar of Events of the St Lucia Jazz Festival in 2010. Tea Time Jazz will comprise (as usual) a series of free concerts featuring primarily local performances and of course its signature complimentary tea, coffee and light snacks. As expressed below by this year’s main coordinator and manager, now it’s the best time to book ahead for those jazzy St Lucia holidays, as this year, the management of La Place Carenage is “Pulling Out all the Stops” as they prepare to present one of the most loved fringe events of the St. Lucia Jazz Festival.
“Music, Art, Heart is our theme for this year’s event— music for the pulsating rhythms that will emanate from the mall, Art for the Desmond Skeete Animation Center which will be a key feature of Tea Time Jazz 2010 and heart for the love of our many sponsors and patrons who have so vigorously supported us over the years”- said Susanna Isaac, Manager La Place Carenage. “In addition, we will continue our Affordable Luxuries campaign where the shops within the mall will present their usual in-store promotions and we will again offer our amazing 50% off tickets to the Animation Center. We are definitely “pulling out all the stops” – she continued.
As Dona Regis, Director of Marketing and Product Development states, the presenting sponsor of Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) will continue to support Tea Time Jazz - “In addition to being a fantastic event, SLASPA also sees Tea Time Jazz as an excellent avenue for the showcasing of local talent. We continue to support this event as part of our mandate for social and economic development of St. Lucia. We believe that supporting our local Musicians is an important aspect of this development” - Ms. Regis concluded.
So what are you waiting for? Whether you’re a jazz-lover, a party-lover or a plain music lover in the most general sense of the word, now it’s the time to secure St Lucia holidays in May as the Tea Time Jazz will be held from May 05th–6th 2010 from 3pm at La Place Carenage, shortly preceded by the actual major event: the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 which will take place from 7th to 9th May. The official Line-up of performing artists will be formally announced at the Launch event carded for April 2010, so if you want to be present there too, go earlier and book your St Lucia holidays from late April to early May for unforgettable days of non-stop jazzy rhythms!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...