Invitation to jazzy St Lucia holidays with Tea Time Jazz 2010
As the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 nears, the pre-festival activities are announced, such is the case for the Tea Time Jazz, now in its 13th year running and this time around promising as many free concerts and events where entertainment is guaranteed.
Calling all those holidaymakers about to embark on St Lucia holidays in April and warning those who haven’t taken the plunge yet that now is the time to do it and book fabulous music-tastic St Lucia holidays for May in order to enjoy the best of the prelude parties and concerts ahead of ST Lucia Jazz Festivall 2010. The pre-party goes by the name of Tea Time Jazz and will feature a range of free concerts accompanied by light refreshments and of course, tea!
For the 13th year running, La Place Carenage will host its annual Tea Time Jazz, a mini-festival that precedes the major Jazz Festival in May and which is added to the official Calendar of Events of the St Lucia Jazz Festival in 2010. Tea Time Jazz will comprise (as usual) a series of free concerts featuring primarily local performances and of course its signature complimentary tea, coffee and light snacks. As expressed below by this year’s main coordinator and manager, now it’s the best time to book ahead for those jazzy St Lucia holidays, as this year, the management of La Place Carenage is “Pulling Out all the Stops” as they prepare to present one of the most loved fringe events of the St. Lucia Jazz Festival.
“Music, Art, Heart is our theme for this year’s event— music for the pulsating rhythms that will emanate from the mall, Art for the Desmond Skeete Animation Center which will be a key feature of Tea Time Jazz 2010 and heart for the love of our many sponsors and patrons who have so vigorously supported us over the years”- said Susanna Isaac, Manager La Place Carenage. “In addition, we will continue our Affordable Luxuries campaign where the shops within the mall will present their usual in-store promotions and we will again offer our amazing 50% off tickets to the Animation Center. We are definitely “pulling out all the stops” – she continued.
As Dona Regis, Director of Marketing and Product Development states, the presenting sponsor of Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) will continue to support Tea Time Jazz - “In addition to being a fantastic event, SLASPA also sees Tea Time Jazz as an excellent avenue for the showcasing of local talent. We continue to support this event as part of our mandate for social and economic development of St. Lucia. We believe that supporting our local Musicians is an important aspect of this development” - Ms. Regis concluded.
So what are you waiting for? Whether you’re a jazz-lover, a party-lover or a plain music lover in the most general sense of the word, now it’s the time to secure St Lucia holidays in May as the Tea Time Jazz will be held from May 05th–6th 2010 from 3pm at La Place Carenage, shortly preceded by the actual major event: the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 which will take place from 7th to 9th May. The official Line-up of performing artists will be formally announced at the Launch event carded for April 2010, so if you want to be present there too, go earlier and book your St Lucia holidays from late April to early May for unforgettable days of non-stop jazzy rhythms!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...