Seychelles holiday industry positive as bookings increase
The number of German travellers booking Seychelles holidays this year has increased and tourism officials from the region are happy with the progress which has been made since they launched the "Affordable Seychelles" campaign on year ago.
The 2010 ITB Tourism Trade Fair in Berlin once again saw a heavy presence from Seychelles travel specialists and tourism officials and the positive reaction received from tour operators has proved that Seychelles holidays have reclaimed their place in the European market.
Officials including Vice President Belmont, Director of Tourism marketing, Alain St. Ange, and the new Seychelles Director for Europe, Bernadette Willemin, spent time at this year's ITB Tourism Trade Fair with representatives from partners including Starwood Hotels Group, Le Meridien, and the Emirates Group.
Alain St. Ange confirmed that tourism and holidays in the Seychelles were on the right path for a successful year. He said:
"It is one year exactly since the government and the private sector had joined together to manage the industry, and this had delivered the expected results for the country. We now need to consolidate this working partnership."
RTL Radio interviewed Vice President Belmont and Alain St. Ange at their base at ITB and Seychelles holidays were on offer to visitors courtesy of Silhouette Cruises and Air Seychelles. An MOU was also signed at the event by Alain St. Ange and Cape Town South Africa in bid to join forces on marketing opportunities across the Americas and Europe and attract more travellers to take Indian Ocean Holidays.
A list was also presented by Joseph Belmont over lunch at ITB of new appointments who add been added to the Seychelles Tourism Ambassadors program. The program now has 60 representatives in 25 countries across the world.
"The once a Seychellois, always a Seychellois concept is echoing the Koste Seychellois concept launched by President Michel."
As the number of travellers looking to take Seychelles holidays this year increases, the region is looking forward to a successful year in tourism as it appears the recent recession is now a thing of the past.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...