Seychelles holiday industry positive as bookings increase
The number of German travellers booking Seychelles holidays this year has increased and tourism officials from the region are happy with the progress which has been made since they launched the "Affordable Seychelles" campaign on year ago.
The 2010 ITB Tourism Trade Fair in Berlin once again saw a heavy presence from Seychelles travel specialists and tourism officials and the positive reaction received from tour operators has proved that Seychelles holidays have reclaimed their place in the European market.
Officials including Vice President Belmont, Director of Tourism marketing, Alain St. Ange, and the new Seychelles Director for Europe, Bernadette Willemin, spent time at this year's ITB Tourism Trade Fair with representatives from partners including Starwood Hotels Group, Le Meridien, and the Emirates Group.
Alain St. Ange confirmed that tourism and holidays in the Seychelles were on the right path for a successful year. He said:
"It is one year exactly since the government and the private sector had joined together to manage the industry, and this had delivered the expected results for the country. We now need to consolidate this working partnership."
RTL Radio interviewed Vice President Belmont and Alain St. Ange at their base at ITB and Seychelles holidays were on offer to visitors courtesy of Silhouette Cruises and Air Seychelles. An MOU was also signed at the event by Alain St. Ange and Cape Town South Africa in bid to join forces on marketing opportunities across the Americas and Europe and attract more travellers to take Indian Ocean Holidays.
A list was also presented by Joseph Belmont over lunch at ITB of new appointments who add been added to the Seychelles Tourism Ambassadors program. The program now has 60 representatives in 25 countries across the world.
"The once a Seychellois, always a Seychellois concept is echoing the Koste Seychellois concept launched by President Michel."
As the number of travellers looking to take Seychelles holidays this year increases, the region is looking forward to a successful year in tourism as it appears the recent recession is now a thing of the past.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Experience the tropical island of Mahé at banyan tree Seychelles resort
- A living museum of natural history and sasanctuary for some of the rarest species on Earth
- This paradise is famous for having some of the best beaches in the world, pristine and uncrowded
- The gastronomical experience at Banyan Tree Seychelles was specially conceptualised to offer you a unique experience
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...