Seychelles holiday industry positive as bookings increase
The number of German travellers booking Seychelles holidays this year has increased and tourism officials from the region are happy with the progress which has been made since they launched the "Affordable Seychelles" campaign on year ago.
The 2010 ITB Tourism Trade Fair in Berlin once again saw a heavy presence from Seychelles travel specialists and tourism officials and the positive reaction received from tour operators has proved that Seychelles holidays have reclaimed their place in the European market.
Officials including Vice President Belmont, Director of Tourism marketing, Alain St. Ange, and the new Seychelles Director for Europe, Bernadette Willemin, spent time at this year's ITB Tourism Trade Fair with representatives from partners including Starwood Hotels Group, Le Meridien, and the Emirates Group.
Alain St. Ange confirmed that tourism and holidays in the Seychelles were on the right path for a successful year. He said:
"It is one year exactly since the government and the private sector had joined together to manage the industry, and this had delivered the expected results for the country. We now need to consolidate this working partnership."
RTL Radio interviewed Vice President Belmont and Alain St. Ange at their base at ITB and Seychelles holidays were on offer to visitors courtesy of Silhouette Cruises and Air Seychelles. An MOU was also signed at the event by Alain St. Ange and Cape Town South Africa in bid to join forces on marketing opportunities across the Americas and Europe and attract more travellers to take Indian Ocean Holidays.
A list was also presented by Joseph Belmont over lunch at ITB of new appointments who add been added to the Seychelles Tourism Ambassadors program. The program now has 60 representatives in 25 countries across the world.
"The once a Seychellois, always a Seychellois concept is echoing the Koste Seychellois concept launched by President Michel."
As the number of travellers looking to take Seychelles holidays this year increases, the region is looking forward to a successful year in tourism as it appears the recent recession is now a thing of the past.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Relax and unwind in the beautiful Seychelles before an exciting Arabian getaway in Dubai
- Take advantage of the Wi-Fi access in all the public areas
- Explore the famous night market in Mahé
- Benefit for a Shuttle bus service to major shopping centre in Dubai
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffet
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...