Experts urge holiday makers to not cut back on Travel Insurance
As many people are starting to plan holidays this year, experts are urging travellers to recognise the important of holiday insurance whether they are taking adventurous snowboarding trips in the French Alps or relaxing sun seeking Barbados holidays.
Travel Product Manager of Aviva, Jerry Finch, said that travellers who cut back on the essential protection on their travel insurance "can be a false economy."
"If you haven't taken out insurance when you book your holiday you may not be covered if, for example, you had to cancel your holiday. Remember accidents and illnesses do happen on holiday and you could end up footing an expensive medical bill if you haven't taken out travel insurance."
Holiday travel insurance is important regardless of whether travellers are taking Caribbean or Barbados holidays or diving trips in the Red Sea. A recent case where a man on his Barbados holidays ended up with a £1,355 medical bill after suffering lacerations, proves that accidents can happen anywhere and any time. Fortunately the man had the appropriate travel insurance and was the bill was covered by the insurance provider.
Many travellers on long-haul holidays may discover that without the right insurance, cancellation of any flights may not be covered in their travel insurance.
It is important to make sure customers read the small print and take out adequate cover relevant for their holidays. This can include additional cover for on and off-piste snowboarding and skiing holidays, adrenalin sports, watersports, and backpacking trips where customers are likely to stay in the country for longer than 90 days.
British travellers carrying a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) must be aware that this does not act as travel insurance and will not cover certain costs if an accident or illness was to occur abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...