Experts urge holiday makers to not cut back on Travel Insurance
As many people are starting to plan holidays this year, experts are urging travellers to recognise the important of holiday insurance whether they are taking adventurous snowboarding trips in the French Alps or relaxing sun seeking Barbados holidays.
Travel Product Manager of Aviva, Jerry Finch, said that travellers who cut back on the essential protection on their travel insurance "can be a false economy."
"If you haven't taken out insurance when you book your holiday you may not be covered if, for example, you had to cancel your holiday. Remember accidents and illnesses do happen on holiday and you could end up footing an expensive medical bill if you haven't taken out travel insurance."
Holiday travel insurance is important regardless of whether travellers are taking Caribbean or Barbados holidays or diving trips in the Red Sea. A recent case where a man on his Barbados holidays ended up with a £1,355 medical bill after suffering lacerations, proves that accidents can happen anywhere and any time. Fortunately the man had the appropriate travel insurance and was the bill was covered by the insurance provider.
Many travellers on long-haul holidays may discover that without the right insurance, cancellation of any flights may not be covered in their travel insurance.
It is important to make sure customers read the small print and take out adequate cover relevant for their holidays. This can include additional cover for on and off-piste snowboarding and skiing holidays, adrenalin sports, watersports, and backpacking trips where customers are likely to stay in the country for longer than 90 days.
British travellers carrying a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) must be aware that this does not act as travel insurance and will not cover certain costs if an accident or illness was to occur abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...