Experts urge holiday makers to not cut back on Travel Insurance
As many people are starting to plan holidays this year, experts are urging travellers to recognise the important of holiday insurance whether they are taking adventurous snowboarding trips in the French Alps or relaxing sun seeking Barbados holidays.
Travel Product Manager of Aviva, Jerry Finch, said that travellers who cut back on the essential protection on their travel insurance "can be a false economy."
"If you haven't taken out insurance when you book your holiday you may not be covered if, for example, you had to cancel your holiday. Remember accidents and illnesses do happen on holiday and you could end up footing an expensive medical bill if you haven't taken out travel insurance."
Holiday travel insurance is important regardless of whether travellers are taking Caribbean or Barbados holidays or diving trips in the Red Sea. A recent case where a man on his Barbados holidays ended up with a £1,355 medical bill after suffering lacerations, proves that accidents can happen anywhere and any time. Fortunately the man had the appropriate travel insurance and was the bill was covered by the insurance provider.
Many travellers on long-haul holidays may discover that without the right insurance, cancellation of any flights may not be covered in their travel insurance.
It is important to make sure customers read the small print and take out adequate cover relevant for their holidays. This can include additional cover for on and off-piste snowboarding and skiing holidays, adrenalin sports, watersports, and backpacking trips where customers are likely to stay in the country for longer than 90 days.
British travellers carrying a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) must be aware that this does not act as travel insurance and will not cover certain costs if an accident or illness was to occur abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...