Electro-Acoustic Cuba holidays with Havana's 13th International Festival in March
The 13th International Festival of Electroacoustic music will be taking place in Havana this March, marking the event as the first time ever a third world country is the venue of such a cultural encounter between international musicians of the genre.
The latest of musical festivals to be gracing Havana Streets after the ‘Drum Fiesta 2010’ (which is still currently taking place at many venues across the capital) the 13th International Festival of Electroacoustic Music ‘Primavera de la Habana’ (Havana’s Spring) has been recently announced to be taking place in the Cuban capital from 15-21st March, 2010.
Music enthusiast wanting to take Cuba holidays to participate in the event will enjoy live concerts by renowned international figures from this musical genre. Artists such as Mexican Manuel Rocha Iturbide,Polish Anna Zielinska, Belgian Annette Vande Gorne, French Francoise Barriere and Daniel Kientzy, Spanish Jose Manuel Berenguer and Chinese Zhang Xoifu, will all be attending and participating in the festival.
The recent announcement was made by the president of the event, Enmanuel Blanco, who added that the festival will be dedicated to Juan Blanco, a pioneer of this music genre in the island, and to the 30th anniversary of the National Laboratory of Electroacoustic Music.
Now would be the right time to embark on concert-driven Cuba holidays as this musical event will mark a world first in many ways. Blanco went on to say that, for the first time, a Third World country would be the venue of the general meeting of the International Federation of Electroacoustic Music which will take place during March 20-21 at the Ambos Mundos hotel in Havana…and just think how you could be getting up-close and personal with these international electro-acoustic masters during your Cuba holidays if staying at the very same Havana hotel!
Blanco added thatduring the general meeting Cuban and foreign renowned specialists will be giving lectures at the Ruben Martinez Villena library also in a central Havana location.
The National Museum of Fine Arts and the Minor Basilica of the St.Francis of Asis Convent, both in Old Havana, as well as the Jardines de la Tropical recreational centre, in the Playa municipality, will be the places to visit during electro-acoustic Cuba holidays here as these will be the official venues of the festival.
A total of 126 works from 25 countries will compete in the event that will be attended by composers and instrumentalists from 17 nations.
The opening concert will include pieces dedicated to Juan Blanco by American composer Vivian Adelberg Rudow and Spanish Pedro Guajardo, Andres Lewin-Richter and Gregorio Jimenez.
More information on the festival will soon be disclosed (from 12th March, 2010) at the event’s main website -electroacustica.cult.cu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...