Electro-Acoustic Cuba holidays with Havana's 13th International Festival in March
The 13th International Festival of Electroacoustic music will be taking place in Havana this March, marking the event as the first time ever a third world country is the venue of such a cultural encounter between international musicians of the genre.
The latest of musical festivals to be gracing Havana Streets after the ‘Drum Fiesta 2010’ (which is still currently taking place at many venues across the capital) the 13th International Festival of Electroacoustic Music ‘Primavera de la Habana’ (Havana’s Spring) has been recently announced to be taking place in the Cuban capital from 15-21st March, 2010.
Music enthusiast wanting to take Cuba holidays to participate in the event will enjoy live concerts by renowned international figures from this musical genre. Artists such as Mexican Manuel Rocha Iturbide,Polish Anna Zielinska, Belgian Annette Vande Gorne, French Francoise Barriere and Daniel Kientzy, Spanish Jose Manuel Berenguer and Chinese Zhang Xoifu, will all be attending and participating in the festival.
The recent announcement was made by the president of the event, Enmanuel Blanco, who added that the festival will be dedicated to Juan Blanco, a pioneer of this music genre in the island, and to the 30th anniversary of the National Laboratory of Electroacoustic Music.
Now would be the right time to embark on concert-driven Cuba holidays as this musical event will mark a world first in many ways. Blanco went on to say that, for the first time, a Third World country would be the venue of the general meeting of the International Federation of Electroacoustic Music which will take place during March 20-21 at the Ambos Mundos hotel in Havana…and just think how you could be getting up-close and personal with these international electro-acoustic masters during your Cuba holidays if staying at the very same Havana hotel!
Blanco added thatduring the general meeting Cuban and foreign renowned specialists will be giving lectures at the Ruben Martinez Villena library also in a central Havana location.
The National Museum of Fine Arts and the Minor Basilica of the St.Francis of Asis Convent, both in Old Havana, as well as the Jardines de la Tropical recreational centre, in the Playa municipality, will be the places to visit during electro-acoustic Cuba holidays here as these will be the official venues of the festival.
A total of 126 works from 25 countries will compete in the event that will be attended by composers and instrumentalists from 17 nations.
The opening concert will include pieces dedicated to Juan Blanco by American composer Vivian Adelberg Rudow and Spanish Pedro Guajardo, Andres Lewin-Richter and Gregorio Jimenez.
More information on the festival will soon be disclosed (from 12th March, 2010) at the event’s main website -electroacustica.cult.cu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...