Electro-Acoustic Cuba holidays with Havana's 13th International Festival in March
The 13th International Festival of Electroacoustic music will be taking place in Havana this March, marking the event as the first time ever a third world country is the venue of such a cultural encounter between international musicians of the genre.
The latest of musical festivals to be gracing Havana Streets after the ‘Drum Fiesta 2010’ (which is still currently taking place at many venues across the capital) the 13th International Festival of Electroacoustic Music ‘Primavera de la Habana’ (Havana’s Spring) has been recently announced to be taking place in the Cuban capital from 15-21st March, 2010.
Music enthusiast wanting to take Cuba holidays to participate in the event will enjoy live concerts by renowned international figures from this musical genre. Artists such as Mexican Manuel Rocha Iturbide,Polish Anna Zielinska, Belgian Annette Vande Gorne, French Francoise Barriere and Daniel Kientzy, Spanish Jose Manuel Berenguer and Chinese Zhang Xoifu, will all be attending and participating in the festival.
The recent announcement was made by the president of the event, Enmanuel Blanco, who added that the festival will be dedicated to Juan Blanco, a pioneer of this music genre in the island, and to the 30th anniversary of the National Laboratory of Electroacoustic Music.
Now would be the right time to embark on concert-driven Cuba holidays as this musical event will mark a world first in many ways. Blanco went on to say that, for the first time, a Third World country would be the venue of the general meeting of the International Federation of Electroacoustic Music which will take place during March 20-21 at the Ambos Mundos hotel in Havana…and just think how you could be getting up-close and personal with these international electro-acoustic masters during your Cuba holidays if staying at the very same Havana hotel!
Blanco added thatduring the general meeting Cuban and foreign renowned specialists will be giving lectures at the Ruben Martinez Villena library also in a central Havana location.
The National Museum of Fine Arts and the Minor Basilica of the St.Francis of Asis Convent, both in Old Havana, as well as the Jardines de la Tropical recreational centre, in the Playa municipality, will be the places to visit during electro-acoustic Cuba holidays here as these will be the official venues of the festival.
A total of 126 works from 25 countries will compete in the event that will be attended by composers and instrumentalists from 17 nations.
The opening concert will include pieces dedicated to Juan Blanco by American composer Vivian Adelberg Rudow and Spanish Pedro Guajardo, Andres Lewin-Richter and Gregorio Jimenez.
More information on the festival will soon be disclosed (from 12th March, 2010) at the event’s main website -electroacustica.cult.cu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...