Electro-Acoustic Cuba holidays with Havana's 13th International Festival in March
The 13th International Festival of Electroacoustic music will be taking place in Havana this March, marking the event as the first time ever a third world country is the venue of such a cultural encounter between international musicians of the genre.
The latest of musical festivals to be gracing Havana Streets after the ‘Drum Fiesta 2010’ (which is still currently taking place at many venues across the capital) the 13th International Festival of Electroacoustic Music ‘Primavera de la Habana’ (Havana’s Spring) has been recently announced to be taking place in the Cuban capital from 15-21st March, 2010.
Music enthusiast wanting to take Cuba holidays to participate in the event will enjoy live concerts by renowned international figures from this musical genre. Artists such as Mexican Manuel Rocha Iturbide,Polish Anna Zielinska, Belgian Annette Vande Gorne, French Francoise Barriere and Daniel Kientzy, Spanish Jose Manuel Berenguer and Chinese Zhang Xoifu, will all be attending and participating in the festival.
The recent announcement was made by the president of the event, Enmanuel Blanco, who added that the festival will be dedicated to Juan Blanco, a pioneer of this music genre in the island, and to the 30th anniversary of the National Laboratory of Electroacoustic Music.
Now would be the right time to embark on concert-driven Cuba holidays as this musical event will mark a world first in many ways. Blanco went on to say that, for the first time, a Third World country would be the venue of the general meeting of the International Federation of Electroacoustic Music which will take place during March 20-21 at the Ambos Mundos hotel in Havana…and just think how you could be getting up-close and personal with these international electro-acoustic masters during your Cuba holidays if staying at the very same Havana hotel!
Blanco added thatduring the general meeting Cuban and foreign renowned specialists will be giving lectures at the Ruben Martinez Villena library also in a central Havana location.
The National Museum of Fine Arts and the Minor Basilica of the St.Francis of Asis Convent, both in Old Havana, as well as the Jardines de la Tropical recreational centre, in the Playa municipality, will be the places to visit during electro-acoustic Cuba holidays here as these will be the official venues of the festival.
A total of 126 works from 25 countries will compete in the event that will be attended by composers and instrumentalists from 17 nations.
The opening concert will include pieces dedicated to Juan Blanco by American composer Vivian Adelberg Rudow and Spanish Pedro Guajardo, Andres Lewin-Richter and Gregorio Jimenez.
More information on the festival will soon be disclosed (from 12th March, 2010) at the event’s main website -electroacustica.cult.cu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...