AHIC 2010 focuses on Middle East and North Africa
The topic of this year's Arabian Hotel Investment Conference 2010 (AHIC) will be "Unlocking Investment Opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa" with the focus on Egypt holidays, and hotel investment in Oman, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Egypt.
The Arabian Hotel Investment Conference (AHIC) will be taking place from 1 – 3 May 2010 and will bring 500 top hotel investment industry professionals together through interactive programmes including panels, debates and breakfast briefings. As more travellers are choosing to take Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Egypt holidays, the main focus will be on the Middle East and North Africa and the potential investment opportunities in these regions.
Morocco is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination with 8.35 million visitors in 2009, and is being seen as one of the "hottest markets" for 2010. Newly appointed Minister of Tourism and Handicraft, HE Yassir Zenagui, will be representing the Kingdom of Morocco on the panel at this year's AHIC.
Director of Howarth HTL, Philippe Doizelet, said:
"Since launching a new strategic plan in 2001, Morocco has successfully pursued an ambitious partnership between private operators and the government, and focused on creating an investment environment with limited land cost, an open sky policy and no customs tax on equipment.
"This has attracted hotel operators such as Accor, Intercontinental Hotels Group and Starwood Hotels and Resorts and going forward there is no doubt that Moroccan hotel investment remains an attractive prospect. I think one of the key emerging themes is developments mixing hotels and privately owned residences."
Co-organiser of AHIC and Chairmen of Bench Events, Jonathon Worsley, said:
"The principal focus of AHIC 2010 is to bring international hotel industry experts together to debate the changing sector landscape, and to help identify intelligent and targeted investment opportunities. The Kingdom of Morocco, with its established platform and diversified hotel sector, offers one such opportunity and we are delighted to have HE Yassir Zenagui and Omar Bennani joining us to provide insight and understanding on the best way to access this exciting market."
The 2010 AHIC Leadership Award will be presented at the event to Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan who is Chairman of both the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and TDIC.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Tee off into the sunshine with the resort's beautifully landscaped 18-hole championship golf course
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- Work on your tan at the beautiful private beach and taste delectable world cuisine at 8 restaurants
- Free Upgrade to Superior Room!
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Immerse yourself in Ottoman-style opulence in the famous Palm Jumeirah during your stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Perfection is synonymous with the Zabeel Saray on Dubai's Palm Island, where you will find that the decadence of the Ottoman Empire has been perfectly recaptured
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...