AHIC 2010 focuses on Middle East and North Africa
The topic of this year's Arabian Hotel Investment Conference 2010 (AHIC) will be "Unlocking Investment Opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa" with the focus on Egypt holidays, and hotel investment in Oman, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Egypt.
The Arabian Hotel Investment Conference (AHIC) will be taking place from 1 – 3 May 2010 and will bring 500 top hotel investment industry professionals together through interactive programmes including panels, debates and breakfast briefings. As more travellers are choosing to take Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Egypt holidays, the main focus will be on the Middle East and North Africa and the potential investment opportunities in these regions.
Morocco is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination with 8.35 million visitors in 2009, and is being seen as one of the "hottest markets" for 2010. Newly appointed Minister of Tourism and Handicraft, HE Yassir Zenagui, will be representing the Kingdom of Morocco on the panel at this year's AHIC.
Director of Howarth HTL, Philippe Doizelet, said:
"Since launching a new strategic plan in 2001, Morocco has successfully pursued an ambitious partnership between private operators and the government, and focused on creating an investment environment with limited land cost, an open sky policy and no customs tax on equipment.
"This has attracted hotel operators such as Accor, Intercontinental Hotels Group and Starwood Hotels and Resorts and going forward there is no doubt that Moroccan hotel investment remains an attractive prospect. I think one of the key emerging themes is developments mixing hotels and privately owned residences."
Co-organiser of AHIC and Chairmen of Bench Events, Jonathon Worsley, said:
"The principal focus of AHIC 2010 is to bring international hotel industry experts together to debate the changing sector landscape, and to help identify intelligent and targeted investment opportunities. The Kingdom of Morocco, with its established platform and diversified hotel sector, offers one such opportunity and we are delighted to have HE Yassir Zenagui and Omar Bennani joining us to provide insight and understanding on the best way to access this exciting market."
The 2010 AHIC Leadership Award will be presented at the event to Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan who is Chairman of both the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and TDIC.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- Footsteps from the silky sands of Ras Al Khaimah's coastline
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...