AHIC 2010 focuses on Middle East and North Africa
The topic of this year's Arabian Hotel Investment Conference 2010 (AHIC) will be "Unlocking Investment Opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa" with the focus on Egypt holidays, and hotel investment in Oman, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Egypt.
The Arabian Hotel Investment Conference (AHIC) will be taking place from 1 – 3 May 2010 and will bring 500 top hotel investment industry professionals together through interactive programmes including panels, debates and breakfast briefings. As more travellers are choosing to take Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Egypt holidays, the main focus will be on the Middle East and North Africa and the potential investment opportunities in these regions.
Morocco is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination with 8.35 million visitors in 2009, and is being seen as one of the "hottest markets" for 2010. Newly appointed Minister of Tourism and Handicraft, HE Yassir Zenagui, will be representing the Kingdom of Morocco on the panel at this year's AHIC.
Director of Howarth HTL, Philippe Doizelet, said:
"Since launching a new strategic plan in 2001, Morocco has successfully pursued an ambitious partnership between private operators and the government, and focused on creating an investment environment with limited land cost, an open sky policy and no customs tax on equipment.
"This has attracted hotel operators such as Accor, Intercontinental Hotels Group and Starwood Hotels and Resorts and going forward there is no doubt that Moroccan hotel investment remains an attractive prospect. I think one of the key emerging themes is developments mixing hotels and privately owned residences."
Co-organiser of AHIC and Chairmen of Bench Events, Jonathon Worsley, said:
"The principal focus of AHIC 2010 is to bring international hotel industry experts together to debate the changing sector landscape, and to help identify intelligent and targeted investment opportunities. The Kingdom of Morocco, with its established platform and diversified hotel sector, offers one such opportunity and we are delighted to have HE Yassir Zenagui and Omar Bennani joining us to provide insight and understanding on the best way to access this exciting market."
The 2010 AHIC Leadership Award will be presented at the event to Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan who is Chairman of both the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and TDIC.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...