AHIC 2010 focuses on Middle East and North Africa
The topic of this year's Arabian Hotel Investment Conference 2010 (AHIC) will be "Unlocking Investment Opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa" with the focus on Egypt holidays, and hotel investment in Oman, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Egypt.
The Arabian Hotel Investment Conference (AHIC) will be taking place from 1 – 3 May 2010 and will bring 500 top hotel investment industry professionals together through interactive programmes including panels, debates and breakfast briefings. As more travellers are choosing to take Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Egypt holidays, the main focus will be on the Middle East and North Africa and the potential investment opportunities in these regions.
Morocco is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination with 8.35 million visitors in 2009, and is being seen as one of the "hottest markets" for 2010. Newly appointed Minister of Tourism and Handicraft, HE Yassir Zenagui, will be representing the Kingdom of Morocco on the panel at this year's AHIC.
Director of Howarth HTL, Philippe Doizelet, said:
"Since launching a new strategic plan in 2001, Morocco has successfully pursued an ambitious partnership between private operators and the government, and focused on creating an investment environment with limited land cost, an open sky policy and no customs tax on equipment.
"This has attracted hotel operators such as Accor, Intercontinental Hotels Group and Starwood Hotels and Resorts and going forward there is no doubt that Moroccan hotel investment remains an attractive prospect. I think one of the key emerging themes is developments mixing hotels and privately owned residences."
Co-organiser of AHIC and Chairmen of Bench Events, Jonathon Worsley, said:
"The principal focus of AHIC 2010 is to bring international hotel industry experts together to debate the changing sector landscape, and to help identify intelligent and targeted investment opportunities. The Kingdom of Morocco, with its established platform and diversified hotel sector, offers one such opportunity and we are delighted to have HE Yassir Zenagui and Omar Bennani joining us to provide insight and understanding on the best way to access this exciting market."
The 2010 AHIC Leadership Award will be presented at the event to Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan who is Chairman of both the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and TDIC.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1649 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1749 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...