Record breaking exhibitor numbers for ITB Berlin 2010
The leading travel industry convention, IBT Berlin, is fully booked once again as specialists within the travel and holidays industry gather to exhibit their services, products and expertise to thousands of visitors and media representatives.
The convention runs from 10 to 14 March 2010 and has this year attracted more interest than ever with 11,127 exhibitors offering travel products and services for visitors looking to take holidays in destinations all over the world.
Chief Operating Officer of Messe Berlin, Dr. Christian Göke, said:
“At a time of reduced marketing budgets the worldwide market leader ITB Berlin enjoys a clear competitive edge. We are proud to announce that the number of exhibitors has increased again. Moreover, with new sections and new exhibitors, ITB Berlin confirms its role as a trendsetter and opinion leader.”
The 44th ITB Berlin indicates that the travel sector is recovering from the recent recession and people are looking to once again take luxury holidays, family holidays and all inclusive holidays in the near future to a range of faraway and nearby destinations. This year’s convention sees new stands from South Africa, England, Egypt, Italy, Malaysia, Hamburg, Singapore Airlines, Bremen and the Balearics, and debut appearance from Garuda Indonesia, Al Masira, and German Sky Airlines.
There will also be a new section for travellers seeking information and services for gay and lesbian holidays, The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association IGLTA from the USA, and a new hall for “Central and Inner Asian Countries” with exhibitors from Tajikistan, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan who will be promoting the region’s cultural attractions and sights.
Spread over 160,000 square metres with 26 different halls, visitors will enjoy stalls from 187 different countries and travel industries including travel and tourism employment companies, airlines, tour operators, mobile travel services, travel technology, and hotels and accommodation companies.
The exhibition will also feature a closing ceremony for the first day which will take place on 14 March at 3pm, where there will be dancing, comedy and musical performances from traditional artists from Turkey, U.S.A, Greece, Madagascar, Germany, and South Korea.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...