Record breaking exhibitor numbers for ITB Berlin 2010
The leading travel industry convention, IBT Berlin, is fully booked once again as specialists within the travel and holidays industry gather to exhibit their services, products and expertise to thousands of visitors and media representatives.
The convention runs from 10 to 14 March 2010 and has this year attracted more interest than ever with 11,127 exhibitors offering travel products and services for visitors looking to take holidays in destinations all over the world.
Chief Operating Officer of Messe Berlin, Dr. Christian Göke, said:
“At a time of reduced marketing budgets the worldwide market leader ITB Berlin enjoys a clear competitive edge. We are proud to announce that the number of exhibitors has increased again. Moreover, with new sections and new exhibitors, ITB Berlin confirms its role as a trendsetter and opinion leader.”
The 44th ITB Berlin indicates that the travel sector is recovering from the recent recession and people are looking to once again take luxury holidays, family holidays and all inclusive holidays in the near future to a range of faraway and nearby destinations. This year’s convention sees new stands from South Africa, England, Egypt, Italy, Malaysia, Hamburg, Singapore Airlines, Bremen and the Balearics, and debut appearance from Garuda Indonesia, Al Masira, and German Sky Airlines.
There will also be a new section for travellers seeking information and services for gay and lesbian holidays, The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association IGLTA from the USA, and a new hall for “Central and Inner Asian Countries” with exhibitors from Tajikistan, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan who will be promoting the region’s cultural attractions and sights.
Spread over 160,000 square metres with 26 different halls, visitors will enjoy stalls from 187 different countries and travel industries including travel and tourism employment companies, airlines, tour operators, mobile travel services, travel technology, and hotels and accommodation companies.
The exhibition will also feature a closing ceremony for the first day which will take place on 14 March at 3pm, where there will be dancing, comedy and musical performances from traditional artists from Turkey, U.S.A, Greece, Madagascar, Germany, and South Korea.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...