Record breaking exhibitor numbers for ITB Berlin 2010
The leading travel industry convention, IBT Berlin, is fully booked once again as specialists within the travel and holidays industry gather to exhibit their services, products and expertise to thousands of visitors and media representatives.
The convention runs from 10 to 14 March 2010 and has this year attracted more interest than ever with 11,127 exhibitors offering travel products and services for visitors looking to take holidays in destinations all over the world.
Chief Operating Officer of Messe Berlin, Dr. Christian Göke, said:
“At a time of reduced marketing budgets the worldwide market leader ITB Berlin enjoys a clear competitive edge. We are proud to announce that the number of exhibitors has increased again. Moreover, with new sections and new exhibitors, ITB Berlin confirms its role as a trendsetter and opinion leader.”
The 44th ITB Berlin indicates that the travel sector is recovering from the recent recession and people are looking to once again take luxury holidays, family holidays and all inclusive holidays in the near future to a range of faraway and nearby destinations. This year’s convention sees new stands from South Africa, England, Egypt, Italy, Malaysia, Hamburg, Singapore Airlines, Bremen and the Balearics, and debut appearance from Garuda Indonesia, Al Masira, and German Sky Airlines.
There will also be a new section for travellers seeking information and services for gay and lesbian holidays, The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association IGLTA from the USA, and a new hall for “Central and Inner Asian Countries” with exhibitors from Tajikistan, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan who will be promoting the region’s cultural attractions and sights.
Spread over 160,000 square metres with 26 different halls, visitors will enjoy stalls from 187 different countries and travel industries including travel and tourism employment companies, airlines, tour operators, mobile travel services, travel technology, and hotels and accommodation companies.
The exhibition will also feature a closing ceremony for the first day which will take place on 14 March at 3pm, where there will be dancing, comedy and musical performances from traditional artists from Turkey, U.S.A, Greece, Madagascar, Germany, and South Korea.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...