Cisneros to develop luxurious & sustainable project for Dominican Republic holidays
The Tropicalia tourism project, a new initiative by the luxury Gustavo Cisneros Organisation affirms theirs will be an ecologically responsible, luxurious, low density and sustainable project for the development of Dominican Republic holidays
A Dominican luxury organisation recently put forward a new Tropicalia tourism project worth US$2 billion. Such a project is described as a sustainable, ecologically responsible, high luxury and low density program of the Cisneros Organisation in Dominican Republic, bringing the country with more eco-friendly Dominican Republic holidays without overlooking the all important luxury factor for exceptionally sustainable luxury holidays in the Dominican Republic.
The new project was presented to the community Miches beach in its first town hall meeting where more than 170 citizens interested in the project participated in the presentation. Also there were the project’s promoters; representatives and technicians of the consulting firm ECOMAR, contracted for the Environmental Impact Evaluation; as well as authorities and representatives of the municipal organisations and its districts El Cedro and La Gina.
This exciting new Tropicalia project benefiting the green outlook of Dominican Republic holidays is to be developed in three stages within 20 years counts on a global investment will generate more than 3,000 jobs in its first stage and around 14,000 when concluded, creators said.
William R. Phelan, Tropicalia Vice-president and General Manager, explained “the tourist Resort, whose management incorporates the principles of sustainable development and is guided by a solid policy of social and corporate responsibility, will have a beach hotel with 80 rooms, another mountain one with 120 rooms and 600 individual houses, with 3.5 rooms per hectare, making Tropicalia the country’s lowest density tourist development,”
He added that the Tropicalia project’s main guidelines are the development of sustainable tourism which protects the environment, integrating the communities to the project’s development and guaranteeing the access to jobs for local manpower.
After several months of studies, specialists in botany, hydrology, sociology, geology, fauna, archaeology, laws, and on impacts, among others drafted the report, which stresses the protection of the environment and the integration of adjacent communities.
"It has been determined that Tropicalia's project is a hotel and real estate development with a low to very low environmental impact on the nature in the area."
"The project’s design has been adapted to harness the area’s natural beauty and aims to improve the standard of living of bordering populations and reduce the possible negative impacts on the zone,” William R. Phelan added in the statement.
He went on to reinforce the idea that among Tropicalia’s main guidelines are the development of sustainable tourism for Dominican Republic holidays that protect the environment, integrate the local communities to the project’s growth, and guarantee the access to jobs for the locals.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Enjoy white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters along with peaceful and secluded atmosphere
- The hotel has an ideal beachfront location in Bayahibe, a picturesque village on the Dominican Republic's southeast coast for relaxing and luxurious Caribbean holiday
- Enjoy a range of drinks and food with buffet and 4 a la carte restaurants plus numerous bars
- Spoil yourself at the modern spa for serene relaxation featuring five rooms for treatments, jacuzzis and much more
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Up to 2 kids go FREE in a Deluxe family room between 3rd Jan 17 - 22nd Dec 17, Book By 28th Feb 17
- Stay between 15 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 and get 50% off a Rock Royalty Level Room
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
- Enjoy various fantastic events coming up at the hotel including Justin Bieber on 17th April & Sting in concert on 13th May
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of the Dominican Republic where the amazing beaches of Juan Dolio await you. Also...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...