Centara Hotels and Resorts to expand outside of Thailand
Centara Hotels are venturing outside of its collection of Thailand properties and are opening a series of new hotels this year, providing luxury accommodation for traveller on Maldives, India Himalayas and Egypt holidays.
Up until now, Centara Hotels have operated 21 hotels and resorts across Thailand and just three properties overseas, but the end of 2009 saw the start of new management agreements being signed for Maldives resorts, Cairo hotels, and India boutique properties.
The new properties include Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives, Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, Centara Boutique Collection in India and the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Spa Sokhna which will provide luxury holiday in Egypt.Located just one hour from Egypt's capital Cairo, between Suez and Zafarana, the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Spa Sokhna is being seen as one of the most up and coming resorts in the region which will provide travellers with luxury relaxing Egypt holidays.
Chairman of the executive board of Central Plaza Hotel Plc, Suthikiati Chirathivat, said:
"Our move into these three very exciting overseas markets with top quality properties and highly respected local partners is very indicative of the international growth policy for Centara Hotels & Resorts. Each property enhances the Centara brand. At the same time we are very proud to be representing Thailand in these destinations, bringing the gentle touch of Thai hospitality to these destinations."
Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Centara Hotels & Resorts, Chris Bailey, said:
"We have a business plan that sees us creating regional hubs that will allow us to grow in the most efficient and cost effective way. In the Indian Ocean, we want to add more properties in the Maldives but also be present in Sri Lanka, Mauritius and the Seychelles."
As well as providing new hotels and resorts for travellers on Maldives, India, and Egypt holidays, Centara Hotels & Resorts are looking to expand across the United Arab Emirates.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...