Centara Hotels and Resorts to expand outside of Thailand
Centara Hotels are venturing outside of its collection of Thailand properties and are opening a series of new hotels this year, providing luxury accommodation for traveller on Maldives, India Himalayas and Egypt holidays.
Up until now, Centara Hotels have operated 21 hotels and resorts across Thailand and just three properties overseas, but the end of 2009 saw the start of new management agreements being signed for Maldives resorts, Cairo hotels, and India boutique properties.
The new properties include Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives, Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, Centara Boutique Collection in India and the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Spa Sokhna which will provide luxury holiday in Egypt.Located just one hour from Egypt's capital Cairo, between Suez and Zafarana, the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Spa Sokhna is being seen as one of the most up and coming resorts in the region which will provide travellers with luxury relaxing Egypt holidays.
Chairman of the executive board of Central Plaza Hotel Plc, Suthikiati Chirathivat, said:
"Our move into these three very exciting overseas markets with top quality properties and highly respected local partners is very indicative of the international growth policy for Centara Hotels & Resorts. Each property enhances the Centara brand. At the same time we are very proud to be representing Thailand in these destinations, bringing the gentle touch of Thai hospitality to these destinations."
Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Centara Hotels & Resorts, Chris Bailey, said:
"We have a business plan that sees us creating regional hubs that will allow us to grow in the most efficient and cost effective way. In the Indian Ocean, we want to add more properties in the Maldives but also be present in Sri Lanka, Mauritius and the Seychelles."
As well as providing new hotels and resorts for travellers on Maldives, India, and Egypt holidays, Centara Hotels & Resorts are looking to expand across the United Arab Emirates.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...