Centara Hotels and Resorts to expand outside of Thailand
Centara Hotels are venturing outside of its collection of Thailand properties and are opening a series of new hotels this year, providing luxury accommodation for traveller on Maldives, India Himalayas and Egypt holidays.
Up until now, Centara Hotels have operated 21 hotels and resorts across Thailand and just three properties overseas, but the end of 2009 saw the start of new management agreements being signed for Maldives resorts, Cairo hotels, and India boutique properties.
The new properties include Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives, Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, Centara Boutique Collection in India and the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Spa Sokhna which will provide luxury holiday in Egypt.Located just one hour from Egypt's capital Cairo, between Suez and Zafarana, the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Spa Sokhna is being seen as one of the most up and coming resorts in the region which will provide travellers with luxury relaxing Egypt holidays.
Chairman of the executive board of Central Plaza Hotel Plc, Suthikiati Chirathivat, said:
"Our move into these three very exciting overseas markets with top quality properties and highly respected local partners is very indicative of the international growth policy for Centara Hotels & Resorts. Each property enhances the Centara brand. At the same time we are very proud to be representing Thailand in these destinations, bringing the gentle touch of Thai hospitality to these destinations."
Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Centara Hotels & Resorts, Chris Bailey, said:
"We have a business plan that sees us creating regional hubs that will allow us to grow in the most efficient and cost effective way. In the Indian Ocean, we want to add more properties in the Maldives but also be present in Sri Lanka, Mauritius and the Seychelles."
As well as providing new hotels and resorts for travellers on Maldives, India, and Egypt holidays, Centara Hotels & Resorts are looking to expand across the United Arab Emirates.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...