The Beach House joins legendary luxury collection for upscale Maldives holidays
The luxury Beach House resort in Maldives has just become more luxurious as it officially joined the prestigious Hilton collection of Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, an exclusive brand including some of the most lavish, upscale hotels in the world
Presenting the world with award-winning luxury Maldives holidays, The Beach House has recently joined the prestigious list of exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. With effect from 1st March 2010, the resort has been renamed, ‘The Beach House Maldives, The Waldorf Astoria Collection’. To celebrate this event, guests at the resort were invited to join the inauguration ceremony, and became a part of a new chapter in this exclusive resort’s long history of providing exceptional luxury holidays.
To mark the occasion a specially commissioned Maldivian sculpture was unveiled in the resort’s newly created Art Gallery, which showcases local art and culture to guests as well as serving traditional Maldivian High Afternoon Tea, giving guests a better insight into the island’s costumes and values during their Maldives holidays. As the sun set, the festivities continued with a party and DJ set, followed by a Gala dinner on the beach and live band.
“An independently branded hotel since 2007, The Beach House Maldives has built a solid reputation for world-class luxury and quality that epitomises the Waldorf Astoria name,” said Martin Rinck, President of Hilton Worldwide – Asia Pacific. “The Maldives remains one of the most sought-after luxury leisure destinations in the world, and we are delighted to be able to offer our guests the unique experience of Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts on the beautifully private and breathtaking island of Manafaru”.
Hilton Worldwide’s management team has been on-site at the resort since 1st July 2009 to oversee a number of key developments as part of the US$58 million renovation project, which has led to the resort becoming the first Waldorf Astoria property in the Asia Pacific, and of course the only on to be enjoyed during holidays in Maldives.
“Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts features a collection of landmark properties around the world, each ranging in elements of modern grandeur to timeless classics, and all renowned for their individuality, refinement and unparalleled service. The Beach House is no exception and we are delighted to extend our portfolio to Asia Pacific.”- added John Vanderslice, Global Head of Luxury & Lifestyle of Hilton Worldwide.
Some of the tuning enhancements to make the resort even more luxurious to discerning diners looking for premium gourmet options during their Maldives holidays included the redesigning of the resort’s 4 restaurants and 3 bars to incorporate local heritage and ingredients with global influences. With the over-water fine-dining restaurant Saffron, a Tapas and Sangria bar with a Maldivian edge at the Mediterranean-themed Salt Water and martinis and cocktails inspired by Waldorf Astoria properties around the world at Infiniti; each dining experience offers a local twist.
From 1st March, 30 Degrees is the smallest and most exclusive restaurant in the Maldives, offering private dining in a glass-floored over-water pavilion.
Wine lovers will simply adore the new wine experiences created by renowned Master of Wine, Ron Georgiou, which include the introduction of a wine-tasting journey at the underground Cellar restaurant. And for those looking to truly experience a desert island getaway, neighbouring private island Medafushi offers a wealth of experiences including a four-poster bed on the beach complete with lanterns, chill-out tunes and food.
And those who take Maldives holidays to get a taste of country’s history will enjoy the opportunity to explore with new excursions to the nearby island of Utheem, home to a Sultan’s Palace. On a last note transfers to the resort have also been improved with a direct 75-minute seaplane transfer offered as an alternative to a domestic flight and boat transfer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...