The Beach House joins legendary luxury collection for upscale Maldives holidays
The luxury Beach House resort in Maldives has just become more luxurious as it officially joined the prestigious Hilton collection of Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, an exclusive brand including some of the most lavish, upscale hotels in the world
Presenting the world with award-winning luxury Maldives holidays, The Beach House has recently joined the prestigious list of exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. With effect from 1st March 2010, the resort has been renamed, ‘The Beach House Maldives, The Waldorf Astoria Collection’. To celebrate this event, guests at the resort were invited to join the inauguration ceremony, and became a part of a new chapter in this exclusive resort’s long history of providing exceptional luxury holidays.
To mark the occasion a specially commissioned Maldivian sculpture was unveiled in the resort’s newly created Art Gallery, which showcases local art and culture to guests as well as serving traditional Maldivian High Afternoon Tea, giving guests a better insight into the island’s costumes and values during their Maldives holidays. As the sun set, the festivities continued with a party and DJ set, followed by a Gala dinner on the beach and live band.
“An independently branded hotel since 2007, The Beach House Maldives has built a solid reputation for world-class luxury and quality that epitomises the Waldorf Astoria name,” said Martin Rinck, President of Hilton Worldwide – Asia Pacific. “The Maldives remains one of the most sought-after luxury leisure destinations in the world, and we are delighted to be able to offer our guests the unique experience of Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts on the beautifully private and breathtaking island of Manafaru”.
Hilton Worldwide’s management team has been on-site at the resort since 1st July 2009 to oversee a number of key developments as part of the US$58 million renovation project, which has led to the resort becoming the first Waldorf Astoria property in the Asia Pacific, and of course the only on to be enjoyed during holidays in Maldives.
“Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts features a collection of landmark properties around the world, each ranging in elements of modern grandeur to timeless classics, and all renowned for their individuality, refinement and unparalleled service. The Beach House is no exception and we are delighted to extend our portfolio to Asia Pacific.”- added John Vanderslice, Global Head of Luxury & Lifestyle of Hilton Worldwide.
Some of the tuning enhancements to make the resort even more luxurious to discerning diners looking for premium gourmet options during their Maldives holidays included the redesigning of the resort’s 4 restaurants and 3 bars to incorporate local heritage and ingredients with global influences. With the over-water fine-dining restaurant Saffron, a Tapas and Sangria bar with a Maldivian edge at the Mediterranean-themed Salt Water and martinis and cocktails inspired by Waldorf Astoria properties around the world at Infiniti; each dining experience offers a local twist.
From 1st March, 30 Degrees is the smallest and most exclusive restaurant in the Maldives, offering private dining in a glass-floored over-water pavilion.
Wine lovers will simply adore the new wine experiences created by renowned Master of Wine, Ron Georgiou, which include the introduction of a wine-tasting journey at the underground Cellar restaurant. And for those looking to truly experience a desert island getaway, neighbouring private island Medafushi offers a wealth of experiences including a four-poster bed on the beach complete with lanterns, chill-out tunes and food.
And those who take Maldives holidays to get a taste of country’s history will enjoy the opportunity to explore with new excursions to the nearby island of Utheem, home to a Sultan’s Palace. On a last note transfers to the resort have also been improved with a direct 75-minute seaplane transfer offered as an alternative to a domestic flight and boat transfer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Transform your senses and discover a new world at the picturesque Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort. The elegantly designed...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....