Holiday Inn enters the Maldives holidays market
Revolutionising the concept of Maldives holidays, the new Holiday Inn in Male has just opened to offer travellers a greater deal of flexibility while in-keeping with the many luxury extras expected of a holiday destination such as the Maldives.
Travellers who take Maldives holidays at the country’s exotic outlying islands often leave their super luxury resorts and memories of sun-kissed beaches to face the frustration of spending long hours at the airport waiting for their flights home. But the coming of the latest of Holiday Inn opening in Male is soon going to change all that.
In this way entering the lavish Maldives holidays market, the new Holiday Inn will be the first international-class hotel on the capital island to provide the perfect ‘stopover’ for visitors booked on late night flights, at the same time offering gold standard accommodation and dining options at just a short five-minute speedboat ride from the airport.
“Guests departing the Maldives are required to check out of their resort island accommodation on the morning that they fly out of Male. Due to flight schedules that often means they have to wait up to ten hours at the airport until their flight departs, which means a very abrupt end to a great holiday” said Tabatha Ramsey, General Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing of the hotel when speaking about the innovative factor of the new Holiday Inn and how it would benefit future travellers taking Maldives holidays.
Explaining how this new addition to Maldives holidays would revolutionise the Maldives holiday concept she added -“To address this, our hotel has developed a series of day packages, allowing travelers to use the facilities of our hotel, taking away the frustration of waiting and instead providing a pleasant and relaxing end to their stay in the Maldives” she added.
In this way guests have now the choice of two, day packages, both with two-way airport transfers complements of the hotel’s own speedboat. For the convenience of all travellers the Day Use Room Package, starting from an affordable US$165, provides room check-in at 2:00pm with a late check-out at 10:30pm.
The new guest rooms at the Male Holiday Inn feature all the modern, state-of-the-amenities you could need with high-definition flat screen television sets with a selection of both international and local channels, an iPod docking and alarm station and spacious bathrooms with spa-inspired rain showers. WiFi connectivity is not only a standard feature of all rooms but extends throughout the entire hotel.
Giving travellers a greater deal of options and flexibility during their Maldives holidays, the Facilities Use Package (at just US$75 per person) provides luggage storage while guests enjoy complimentary use of the rooftop infinity swimming pool and shower facilities, and a three-course set dinner at LIME, the hotel’s all-day-dining restaurant. Additional dining options include the hotel’s exclusive rooftop restaurant, AZUR, featuring the region’s best produce and world-class fare, or the more casually appointed cafe, PANINI.
And adding to the over-indulgent idea of relaxing Maldives holidays, guests will also be able pamper themselves to a pre-travel spa treatment at the hotel’s Coconut Spa. The first branded spa in Male, it features an exclusive range of products created by Sylvie Pelta with therapeutic massage oils such as Energy, Sensation, Serenity and Harmony, designed to rejuvenate mind, body and spirit.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- including return transfers by speed boat
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...