Cuba holidays for the Cigar Connoisseurs during Havana's Cigar Festival Week
The 12th International Cuban Cigar Festival opened in Havana this Monday and will run through to February 27. Gathering hundreds of Cigar Conoisseurs from the world over, this festival is jam-packed with interesting conferences and island tours.
For worldwide cigar connoisseurs now is the time to take Cuba holidays as the ‘2010 International Cuban Cigar Festival’ started in Havana this week, running until Saturday 27th February.
The 12th festival of this kind is also a popular fundraiser for Cuban healthcare facilities organised by the Habanos S.A. Company and the TABACUBA business group, which this year gathered more than 1,500 people who came on Cuba holidays for the event from 75 countries.
Regarded as the most important Cigar Festival in the world, the event opened this Monday at the Karl Marx Theatre. One of the highlights of the evening was the presentation of the Montecristo Open line, a new line of the world-renowned Montecristo brand of fine cigars.
The festival program includes a Trade Fair and International Seminary where experts have the opportunity to exchange experiences, criteria, products and ideas during their Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays.
On Wednesday, there was a special dinner event dedicated to Women and Cigars, with the launching of a new cigar brand named Julieta, manufactured by the already popular Romeo y Julieta brand.
On Tuesday, a special tour of the Vuelta Abajo tobacco plantations in Pinar del Rio was offered to the lucky participants on Cuba holidays at the time. The province of Pinar del Rio provides 70 % of the tobacco for the Cuban cigar industry and, according to experts, is where the world’s best tobacco is grown.
The closing ceremony takes place this Friday at the Pabexpo Showground with the presentation of the Cohiba Gran Reserva Cigar, which will involve a huge auction of humidors and the announcement of the 2010 Cigar Awards.
With regards to the more charitable side, those indulging in Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays during the festival will be happy to know that their participation contributes to a good cause, as last year the festival raised more than $980,000 that went towards much-needed healthcare facilities in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...