Cuba holidays for the Cigar Connoisseurs during Havana's Cigar Festival Week
The 12th International Cuban Cigar Festival opened in Havana this Monday and will run through to February 27. Gathering hundreds of Cigar Conoisseurs from the world over, this festival is jam-packed with interesting conferences and island tours.
For worldwide cigar connoisseurs now is the time to take Cuba holidays as the ‘2010 International Cuban Cigar Festival’ started in Havana this week, running until Saturday 27th February.
The 12th festival of this kind is also a popular fundraiser for Cuban healthcare facilities organised by the Habanos S.A. Company and the TABACUBA business group, which this year gathered more than 1,500 people who came on Cuba holidays for the event from 75 countries.
Regarded as the most important Cigar Festival in the world, the event opened this Monday at the Karl Marx Theatre. One of the highlights of the evening was the presentation of the Montecristo Open line, a new line of the world-renowned Montecristo brand of fine cigars.
The festival program includes a Trade Fair and International Seminary where experts have the opportunity to exchange experiences, criteria, products and ideas during their Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays.
On Wednesday, there was a special dinner event dedicated to Women and Cigars, with the launching of a new cigar brand named Julieta, manufactured by the already popular Romeo y Julieta brand.
On Tuesday, a special tour of the Vuelta Abajo tobacco plantations in Pinar del Rio was offered to the lucky participants on Cuba holidays at the time. The province of Pinar del Rio provides 70 % of the tobacco for the Cuban cigar industry and, according to experts, is where the world’s best tobacco is grown.
The closing ceremony takes place this Friday at the Pabexpo Showground with the presentation of the Cohiba Gran Reserva Cigar, which will involve a huge auction of humidors and the announcement of the 2010 Cigar Awards.
With regards to the more charitable side, those indulging in Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays during the festival will be happy to know that their participation contributes to a good cause, as last year the festival raised more than $980,000 that went towards much-needed healthcare facilities in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...