Cuba holidays for the Cigar Connoisseurs during Havana's Cigar Festival Week
The 12th International Cuban Cigar Festival opened in Havana this Monday and will run through to February 27. Gathering hundreds of Cigar Conoisseurs from the world over, this festival is jam-packed with interesting conferences and island tours.
For worldwide cigar connoisseurs now is the time to take Cuba holidays as the ‘2010 International Cuban Cigar Festival’ started in Havana this week, running until Saturday 27th February.
The 12th festival of this kind is also a popular fundraiser for Cuban healthcare facilities organised by the Habanos S.A. Company and the TABACUBA business group, which this year gathered more than 1,500 people who came on Cuba holidays for the event from 75 countries.
Regarded as the most important Cigar Festival in the world, the event opened this Monday at the Karl Marx Theatre. One of the highlights of the evening was the presentation of the Montecristo Open line, a new line of the world-renowned Montecristo brand of fine cigars.
The festival program includes a Trade Fair and International Seminary where experts have the opportunity to exchange experiences, criteria, products and ideas during their Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays.
On Wednesday, there was a special dinner event dedicated to Women and Cigars, with the launching of a new cigar brand named Julieta, manufactured by the already popular Romeo y Julieta brand.
On Tuesday, a special tour of the Vuelta Abajo tobacco plantations in Pinar del Rio was offered to the lucky participants on Cuba holidays at the time. The province of Pinar del Rio provides 70 % of the tobacco for the Cuban cigar industry and, according to experts, is where the world’s best tobacco is grown.
The closing ceremony takes place this Friday at the Pabexpo Showground with the presentation of the Cohiba Gran Reserva Cigar, which will involve a huge auction of humidors and the announcement of the 2010 Cigar Awards.
With regards to the more charitable side, those indulging in Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays during the festival will be happy to know that their participation contributes to a good cause, as last year the festival raised more than $980,000 that went towards much-needed healthcare facilities in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...