Cuba holidays for the Cigar Connoisseurs during Havana's Cigar Festival Week
The 12th International Cuban Cigar Festival opened in Havana this Monday and will run through to February 27. Gathering hundreds of Cigar Conoisseurs from the world over, this festival is jam-packed with interesting conferences and island tours.
For worldwide cigar connoisseurs now is the time to take Cuba holidays as the ‘2010 International Cuban Cigar Festival’ started in Havana this week, running until Saturday 27th February.
The 12th festival of this kind is also a popular fundraiser for Cuban healthcare facilities organised by the Habanos S.A. Company and the TABACUBA business group, which this year gathered more than 1,500 people who came on Cuba holidays for the event from 75 countries.
Regarded as the most important Cigar Festival in the world, the event opened this Monday at the Karl Marx Theatre. One of the highlights of the evening was the presentation of the Montecristo Open line, a new line of the world-renowned Montecristo brand of fine cigars.
The festival program includes a Trade Fair and International Seminary where experts have the opportunity to exchange experiences, criteria, products and ideas during their Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays.
On Wednesday, there was a special dinner event dedicated to Women and Cigars, with the launching of a new cigar brand named Julieta, manufactured by the already popular Romeo y Julieta brand.
On Tuesday, a special tour of the Vuelta Abajo tobacco plantations in Pinar del Rio was offered to the lucky participants on Cuba holidays at the time. The province of Pinar del Rio provides 70 % of the tobacco for the Cuban cigar industry and, according to experts, is where the world’s best tobacco is grown.
The closing ceremony takes place this Friday at the Pabexpo Showground with the presentation of the Cohiba Gran Reserva Cigar, which will involve a huge auction of humidors and the announcement of the 2010 Cigar Awards.
With regards to the more charitable side, those indulging in Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays during the festival will be happy to know that their participation contributes to a good cause, as last year the festival raised more than $980,000 that went towards much-needed healthcare facilities in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...