Cuba holidays for the Cigar Connoisseurs during Havana's Cigar Festival Week
The 12th International Cuban Cigar Festival opened in Havana this Monday and will run through to February 27. Gathering hundreds of Cigar Conoisseurs from the world over, this festival is jam-packed with interesting conferences and island tours.
For worldwide cigar connoisseurs now is the time to take Cuba holidays as the ‘2010 International Cuban Cigar Festival’ started in Havana this week, running until Saturday 27th February.
The 12th festival of this kind is also a popular fundraiser for Cuban healthcare facilities organised by the Habanos S.A. Company and the TABACUBA business group, which this year gathered more than 1,500 people who came on Cuba holidays for the event from 75 countries.
Regarded as the most important Cigar Festival in the world, the event opened this Monday at the Karl Marx Theatre. One of the highlights of the evening was the presentation of the Montecristo Open line, a new line of the world-renowned Montecristo brand of fine cigars.
The festival program includes a Trade Fair and International Seminary where experts have the opportunity to exchange experiences, criteria, products and ideas during their Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays.
On Wednesday, there was a special dinner event dedicated to Women and Cigars, with the launching of a new cigar brand named Julieta, manufactured by the already popular Romeo y Julieta brand.
On Tuesday, a special tour of the Vuelta Abajo tobacco plantations in Pinar del Rio was offered to the lucky participants on Cuba holidays at the time. The province of Pinar del Rio provides 70 % of the tobacco for the Cuban cigar industry and, according to experts, is where the world’s best tobacco is grown.
The closing ceremony takes place this Friday at the Pabexpo Showground with the presentation of the Cohiba Gran Reserva Cigar, which will involve a huge auction of humidors and the announcement of the 2010 Cigar Awards.
With regards to the more charitable side, those indulging in Cigar-Tastic Cuba holidays during the festival will be happy to know that their participation contributes to a good cause, as last year the festival raised more than $980,000 that went towards much-needed healthcare facilities in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...