Caribbean high season brings low prices for holiday makers
As the weather remains cold and grey in the UK, there's no better time to escape to idyllic destinations for sun and sea, especially at a time when tr
The UK winter months are usually the most expensive time to travel to the Caribbean and take luxury Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia and Bahamas holidays due to the region's high season. However, the recent recession has left many companies within the travel industry still trying to recover from the economic downturn and as a result many are offering cheap Caribbean holidays during the high season.
Many resorts in the Caribbean are offering generous discounts and reduced rates with some up to 65 per cent, while others are adding extra value to packages which might include, free car rentals, free extra nights, kids stay free, meals, airport transfers, and even special all inclusive packages for couples planning weddings abroad.Holidays in the Caribbean are usually fairly expensive during the high season and though discounts are not as generous as last year when the recession was in full swing, there are still a number of cheap Caribbean holidays to be found if travellers avoid peak times.
Jacob Marzouca from Travel Leaders in Pembroke Pines and Aventura, said:
"Deals are to be had as long as folks stay away from peak periods such as spring break and the week before Easter. If a traveller can head to the Caribbean outside peak travel periods, there are excellent deals to be had - not so different than in years past, just slightly better prices on the moderate properties and noticeably better prices on the better properties that are not 'hot'."
'Secretary-General of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO), Hugh Riley, spoke of how the region is recovering. He said:
"Last year, nobody made money. Reports from hotels vary, but many are feeling more comfortable this year. The economy is improving, and the United States is a key element in the health of Caribbean tourism, since a little more than 50 percent of Caribbean tourists are Americans. Europe and the United Kingdom account for 24 percent, Canada 10.5 percent and other markets 15 percent."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Come to the Caribbean and take a break from everyday life, as you enjoy 8 days of entertainment at the Grafton Beach...