Caribbean high season brings low prices for holiday makers
As the weather remains cold and grey in the UK, there's no better time to escape to idyllic destinations for sun and sea, especially at a time when tr
The UK winter months are usually the most expensive time to travel to the Caribbean and take luxury Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia and Bahamas holidays due to the region's high season. However, the recent recession has left many companies within the travel industry still trying to recover from the economic downturn and as a result many are offering cheap Caribbean holidays during the high season.
Many resorts in the Caribbean are offering generous discounts and reduced rates with some up to 65 per cent, while others are adding extra value to packages which might include, free car rentals, free extra nights, kids stay free, meals, airport transfers, and even special all inclusive packages for couples planning weddings abroad.Holidays in the Caribbean are usually fairly expensive during the high season and though discounts are not as generous as last year when the recession was in full swing, there are still a number of cheap Caribbean holidays to be found if travellers avoid peak times.
Jacob Marzouca from Travel Leaders in Pembroke Pines and Aventura, said:
"Deals are to be had as long as folks stay away from peak periods such as spring break and the week before Easter. If a traveller can head to the Caribbean outside peak travel periods, there are excellent deals to be had - not so different than in years past, just slightly better prices on the moderate properties and noticeably better prices on the better properties that are not 'hot'."
'Secretary-General of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO), Hugh Riley, spoke of how the region is recovering. He said:
"Last year, nobody made money. Reports from hotels vary, but many are feeling more comfortable this year. The economy is improving, and the United States is a key element in the health of Caribbean tourism, since a little more than 50 percent of Caribbean tourists are Americans. Europe and the United Kingdom account for 24 percent, Canada 10.5 percent and other markets 15 percent."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...