Caribbean high season brings low prices for holiday makers
As the weather remains cold and grey in the UK, there's no better time to escape to idyllic destinations for sun and sea, especially at a time when tr
The UK winter months are usually the most expensive time to travel to the Caribbean and take luxury Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia and Bahamas holidays due to the region's high season. However, the recent recession has left many companies within the travel industry still trying to recover from the economic downturn and as a result many are offering cheap Caribbean holidays during the high season.
Many resorts in the Caribbean are offering generous discounts and reduced rates with some up to 65 per cent, while others are adding extra value to packages which might include, free car rentals, free extra nights, kids stay free, meals, airport transfers, and even special all inclusive packages for couples planning weddings abroad.Holidays in the Caribbean are usually fairly expensive during the high season and though discounts are not as generous as last year when the recession was in full swing, there are still a number of cheap Caribbean holidays to be found if travellers avoid peak times.
Jacob Marzouca from Travel Leaders in Pembroke Pines and Aventura, said:
"Deals are to be had as long as folks stay away from peak periods such as spring break and the week before Easter. If a traveller can head to the Caribbean outside peak travel periods, there are excellent deals to be had - not so different than in years past, just slightly better prices on the moderate properties and noticeably better prices on the better properties that are not 'hot'."
'Secretary-General of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO), Hugh Riley, spoke of how the region is recovering. He said:
"Last year, nobody made money. Reports from hotels vary, but many are feeling more comfortable this year. The economy is improving, and the United States is a key element in the health of Caribbean tourism, since a little more than 50 percent of Caribbean tourists are Americans. Europe and the United Kingdom account for 24 percent, Canada 10.5 percent and other markets 15 percent."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...