Caribbean high season brings low prices for holiday makers
As the weather remains cold and grey in the UK, there's no better time to escape to idyllic destinations for sun and sea, especially at a time when tr
The UK winter months are usually the most expensive time to travel to the Caribbean and take luxury Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia and Bahamas holidays due to the region's high season. However, the recent recession has left many companies within the travel industry still trying to recover from the economic downturn and as a result many are offering cheap Caribbean holidays during the high season.
Many resorts in the Caribbean are offering generous discounts and reduced rates with some up to 65 per cent, while others are adding extra value to packages which might include, free car rentals, free extra nights, kids stay free, meals, airport transfers, and even special all inclusive packages for couples planning weddings abroad.Holidays in the Caribbean are usually fairly expensive during the high season and though discounts are not as generous as last year when the recession was in full swing, there are still a number of cheap Caribbean holidays to be found if travellers avoid peak times.
Jacob Marzouca from Travel Leaders in Pembroke Pines and Aventura, said:
"Deals are to be had as long as folks stay away from peak periods such as spring break and the week before Easter. If a traveller can head to the Caribbean outside peak travel periods, there are excellent deals to be had - not so different than in years past, just slightly better prices on the moderate properties and noticeably better prices on the better properties that are not 'hot'."
'Secretary-General of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO), Hugh Riley, spoke of how the region is recovering. He said:
"Last year, nobody made money. Reports from hotels vary, but many are feeling more comfortable this year. The economy is improving, and the United States is a key element in the health of Caribbean tourism, since a little more than 50 percent of Caribbean tourists are Americans. Europe and the United Kingdom account for 24 percent, Canada 10.5 percent and other markets 15 percent."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...