Caribbean high season brings low prices for holiday makers
As the weather remains cold and grey in the UK, there's no better time to escape to idyllic destinations for sun and sea, especially at a time when tr
The UK winter months are usually the most expensive time to travel to the Caribbean and take luxury Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia and Bahamas holidays due to the region's high season. However, the recent recession has left many companies within the travel industry still trying to recover from the economic downturn and as a result many are offering cheap Caribbean holidays during the high season.
Many resorts in the Caribbean are offering generous discounts and reduced rates with some up to 65 per cent, while others are adding extra value to packages which might include, free car rentals, free extra nights, kids stay free, meals, airport transfers, and even special all inclusive packages for couples planning weddings abroad.Holidays in the Caribbean are usually fairly expensive during the high season and though discounts are not as generous as last year when the recession was in full swing, there are still a number of cheap Caribbean holidays to be found if travellers avoid peak times.
Jacob Marzouca from Travel Leaders in Pembroke Pines and Aventura, said:
"Deals are to be had as long as folks stay away from peak periods such as spring break and the week before Easter. If a traveller can head to the Caribbean outside peak travel periods, there are excellent deals to be had - not so different than in years past, just slightly better prices on the moderate properties and noticeably better prices on the better properties that are not 'hot'."
'Secretary-General of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO), Hugh Riley, spoke of how the region is recovering. He said:
"Last year, nobody made money. Reports from hotels vary, but many are feeling more comfortable this year. The economy is improving, and the United States is a key element in the health of Caribbean tourism, since a little more than 50 percent of Caribbean tourists are Americans. Europe and the United Kingdom account for 24 percent, Canada 10.5 percent and other markets 15 percent."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...