Cuba holidays' submarine world explored with Underwater Photography Festival
Next 15th February 2010, half a dozen countries will be taking part in the International Underwater Photography Festival Fotosub Colony 2010 and the place chosen for this year's submarine photo event are Cuba's coral-rich waters
The underlying beauty of submarine Cuba holidays and this island’s underwater riches will be fully explored at the next aquatic event taking place at some of the country’s richest coral-life-filled beaches. Half a dozen countries will take part from next 15th February 2010 at the International Underwater Photography Festival Fotosub Colony 2010 which Cuban newspaper Juventud Rebelde announced last Wednesday.
Cuba has been chosen for this underwater photography event due to its many great reefs and coral marine sites which make Cuba holidays ideal for snorkelling and diving.
The venue chosen for the festival this time around will be Punta Frances, in the southern Isle of Youth. Cuba will be competing with three teams together with representatives from Mexico, Germany, Spain, Great Britain and Italy.
The winning prize; a silver jellyfish, donated by the Cuban sculptor Raul Valladares, will serve to award the competition's champion as part of the preparation program to the World Underwater Photography Championship 2013.
Also Cuba holidays will play host to the 3rd Championship of the World Conference of Underwater Activities, which will take place between 9-20th April, 2010. Countries like Chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Canada and Colombia have confirmed their presence.
This latter event will include the modalities of static and dynamic apnea with or without implements, jump blue, swimming with flipper in pool and open sea, underwater hockey and rugby, and deep apnea with constant ballast. Cuba holidays are ideal for underwater events and activities due to the idyllic climatic conditions, the clarity and warmth of the waters. The island has already a record-winner in the apnea modality, the 16 times record-winning Deborah Andollo.
The three last modalities mentioned will be only of exhibition and they won’t rank in the final positions table by countries, according to the competition organisers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...