Cuba holidays' submarine world explored with Underwater Photography Festival
Next 15th February 2010, half a dozen countries will be taking part in the International Underwater Photography Festival Fotosub Colony 2010 and the place chosen for this year's submarine photo event are Cuba's coral-rich waters
The underlying beauty of submarine Cuba holidays and this island’s underwater riches will be fully explored at the next aquatic event taking place at some of the country’s richest coral-life-filled beaches. Half a dozen countries will take part from next 15th February 2010 at the International Underwater Photography Festival Fotosub Colony 2010 which Cuban newspaper Juventud Rebelde announced last Wednesday.
Cuba has been chosen for this underwater photography event due to its many great reefs and coral marine sites which make Cuba holidays ideal for snorkelling and diving.
The venue chosen for the festival this time around will be Punta Frances, in the southern Isle of Youth. Cuba will be competing with three teams together with representatives from Mexico, Germany, Spain, Great Britain and Italy.
The winning prize; a silver jellyfish, donated by the Cuban sculptor Raul Valladares, will serve to award the competition's champion as part of the preparation program to the World Underwater Photography Championship 2013.
Also Cuba holidays will play host to the 3rd Championship of the World Conference of Underwater Activities, which will take place between 9-20th April, 2010. Countries like Chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Canada and Colombia have confirmed their presence.
This latter event will include the modalities of static and dynamic apnea with or without implements, jump blue, swimming with flipper in pool and open sea, underwater hockey and rugby, and deep apnea with constant ballast. Cuba holidays are ideal for underwater events and activities due to the idyllic climatic conditions, the clarity and warmth of the waters. The island has already a record-winner in the apnea modality, the 16 times record-winning Deborah Andollo.
The three last modalities mentioned will be only of exhibition and they won’t rank in the final positions table by countries, according to the competition organisers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...