Cuba holidays' submarine world explored with Underwater Photography Festival
Next 15th February 2010, half a dozen countries will be taking part in the International Underwater Photography Festival Fotosub Colony 2010 and the place chosen for this year's submarine photo event are Cuba's coral-rich waters
The underlying beauty of submarine Cuba holidays and this island’s underwater riches will be fully explored at the next aquatic event taking place at some of the country’s richest coral-life-filled beaches. Half a dozen countries will take part from next 15th February 2010 at the International Underwater Photography Festival Fotosub Colony 2010 which Cuban newspaper Juventud Rebelde announced last Wednesday.
Cuba has been chosen for this underwater photography event due to its many great reefs and coral marine sites which make Cuba holidays ideal for snorkelling and diving.
The venue chosen for the festival this time around will be Punta Frances, in the southern Isle of Youth. Cuba will be competing with three teams together with representatives from Mexico, Germany, Spain, Great Britain and Italy.
The winning prize; a silver jellyfish, donated by the Cuban sculptor Raul Valladares, will serve to award the competition's champion as part of the preparation program to the World Underwater Photography Championship 2013.
Also Cuba holidays will play host to the 3rd Championship of the World Conference of Underwater Activities, which will take place between 9-20th April, 2010. Countries like Chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Canada and Colombia have confirmed their presence.
This latter event will include the modalities of static and dynamic apnea with or without implements, jump blue, swimming with flipper in pool and open sea, underwater hockey and rugby, and deep apnea with constant ballast. Cuba holidays are ideal for underwater events and activities due to the idyllic climatic conditions, the clarity and warmth of the waters. The island has already a record-winner in the apnea modality, the 16 times record-winning Deborah Andollo.
The three last modalities mentioned will be only of exhibition and they won’t rank in the final positions table by countries, according to the competition organisers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...