Jamaica holidays in pursuit of developing domestic air transportation
Jamaica's Minister of Transport recently highlighted his eagerness to re-engage in the plans to further develop the Jamaica's domestic air transport as part of the multi-modal transport system he is seeking to implement in the country
For the enhancement of Jamaica holidays, aerially speaking, Jamaica’s Minister of Transport is eager to re-engage in the development of the country’s domestic air transport as part of the multi-modal transport policy he is seeking to implement in the island.
Minister of Transport, Michael Henry pointed to the Boscobel Aerodrome, in St Mary, as a place which, he says, will soon be the third international port of call within the Jamaican aviation network.
"It will be the third international port of entry into Jamaica, (and) it will be equipped with all the Immigration and Customs (facilities) that is necessary," he stated.
He went on by adding that the overall focus would be to create a network of airports, with a view to expanding communications and also expanding the potential of Jamaica holidays at other places in the island creating new points of interests for tourism.
The Minister called for a joint function to mark the opening of MBJ Airports Limited's new domestic terminal at the Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay, and the launch of Jamaica Air Shuttle, a new domestic inter-island air service to connect the main point of interests and offer traveller with a better way to explore all that Jamaica holidays have to offer.
Henry further stated that the airport development programme is just part of the multi-modal transportation policy of his ministry, which includes and involves the development and connectivity of road, sea, rail and air transportation sectors, thus being an important factor when it comes to the quality of transport infrastructure the traveller experiences on Jamaica holidays.
He said that this will include the development of Vernamfield as an air cargo hub in southern Clarendon, plus the establishment of logistics centres.
"All this is being complemented by an international approach, to ensure that Jamaica moves from merely air service agreements and more into an open skies policy approach," he continued
Henry also added that he will be taking an open skies policy document to cabinet, as soon as possible.
On a last note, the Minister announced the formation of Jamaica Far East Cargo Limited, owned by investors from the Far East, which will be pursuing flights taking travellers to Jamaica holidays, shortly. He pointed out that the company needs no Government support or guarantees, and is fully registered.
The company will also fit perfectly into the multi-modal transportation plans his ministry is pursuing, with respect to the transportation of cargo to, within and from Jamaica, Henry said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...