Funding raised for Seychelles Tourism Academy Restaurant
After a successful fundraising event at the end of 2009, a new Seychelles restaurant will be opening in the near future providing fine cuisine for travellers on Seychelles holidays as well as training experience for students.
Over 400,000 Rupees was raised at the culinary contest and gala last year which was also used to highlight the talent of local island chefs and cooks. The cheque was given to the chairman of the Seychelles Tourism Association by the CEO of the ISPC Catering Company to renovate and refurbish the academy’s own restaurant, La Goulette.
Many Seychelles hotels and resorts are also keen to help support the local food industries by purchasing food which has been produced locally on the island, particularly meat and dairy products which have been produced by local farmers in the Seychelles region.As the global recession nears an end, tourism officials from the island are keen to encourage more travellers to take Seychelles holidays and help boost the travel industry.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles is a collection of 115 islands which each provide stunning scenery, sparkling waters, pristine white sandy beaches, and a warm climate for visitors. Many of the islands are inhabited and provide a wealth of luxury accommodation and resorts for travellers on Seychelles holidays.
Holidays in the Seychelles are particularly popular amongst honeymooners, couples and travellers looking to get married abroad or relax within luxury all inclusive resorts. The islands offer a range of activities for visitors including diving, snorkelling, boat excursions, watersports, jungle trails or relaxing on one of the many gorgeous white sand beaches. The Seychelles islands are also a prime location for bird watching and sightings of turtles, giant tortoises, and other wildlife.
The Seychelles heavily rely on tourism for their economy and the Minister of Finance recently stated that it is import to reduce import bill and “spread wealth and prosperity” across the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
A heavenly holiday getaway where natural beauty meets luxurious comfort at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Experience simple boutique luxury at the charming L'Archipel
- Experience some amazing snorkeling on the stunning private beach
- Unwind gazing out over a sunset sea view from your room
- Surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens adding to the charm of this property
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...