Funding raised for Seychelles Tourism Academy Restaurant
After a successful fundraising event at the end of 2009, a new Seychelles restaurant will be opening in the near future providing fine cuisine for travellers on Seychelles holidays as well as training experience for students.
Over 400,000 Rupees was raised at the culinary contest and gala last year which was also used to highlight the talent of local island chefs and cooks. The cheque was given to the chairman of the Seychelles Tourism Association by the CEO of the ISPC Catering Company to renovate and refurbish the academy’s own restaurant, La Goulette.
Many Seychelles hotels and resorts are also keen to help support the local food industries by purchasing food which has been produced locally on the island, particularly meat and dairy products which have been produced by local farmers in the Seychelles region.As the global recession nears an end, tourism officials from the island are keen to encourage more travellers to take Seychelles holidays and help boost the travel industry.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles is a collection of 115 islands which each provide stunning scenery, sparkling waters, pristine white sandy beaches, and a warm climate for visitors. Many of the islands are inhabited and provide a wealth of luxury accommodation and resorts for travellers on Seychelles holidays.
Holidays in the Seychelles are particularly popular amongst honeymooners, couples and travellers looking to get married abroad or relax within luxury all inclusive resorts. The islands offer a range of activities for visitors including diving, snorkelling, boat excursions, watersports, jungle trails or relaxing on one of the many gorgeous white sand beaches. The Seychelles islands are also a prime location for bird watching and sightings of turtles, giant tortoises, and other wildlife.
The Seychelles heavily rely on tourism for their economy and the Minister of Finance recently stated that it is import to reduce import bill and “spread wealth and prosperity” across the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...