Funding raised for Seychelles Tourism Academy Restaurant
After a successful fundraising event at the end of 2009, a new Seychelles restaurant will be opening in the near future providing fine cuisine for travellers on Seychelles holidays as well as training experience for students.
Over 400,000 Rupees was raised at the culinary contest and gala last year which was also used to highlight the talent of local island chefs and cooks. The cheque was given to the chairman of the Seychelles Tourism Association by the CEO of the ISPC Catering Company to renovate and refurbish the academy’s own restaurant, La Goulette.
Many Seychelles hotels and resorts are also keen to help support the local food industries by purchasing food which has been produced locally on the island, particularly meat and dairy products which have been produced by local farmers in the Seychelles region.As the global recession nears an end, tourism officials from the island are keen to encourage more travellers to take Seychelles holidays and help boost the travel industry.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles is a collection of 115 islands which each provide stunning scenery, sparkling waters, pristine white sandy beaches, and a warm climate for visitors. Many of the islands are inhabited and provide a wealth of luxury accommodation and resorts for travellers on Seychelles holidays.
Holidays in the Seychelles are particularly popular amongst honeymooners, couples and travellers looking to get married abroad or relax within luxury all inclusive resorts. The islands offer a range of activities for visitors including diving, snorkelling, boat excursions, watersports, jungle trails or relaxing on one of the many gorgeous white sand beaches. The Seychelles islands are also a prime location for bird watching and sightings of turtles, giant tortoises, and other wildlife.
The Seychelles heavily rely on tourism for their economy and the Minister of Finance recently stated that it is import to reduce import bill and “spread wealth and prosperity” across the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Relax and unwind in the beautiful Seychelles before an exciting Arabian getaway in Dubai
- Take advantage of the Wi-Fi access in all the public areas
- Explore the famous night market in Mahé
- Benefit for a Shuttle bus service to major shopping centre in Dubai
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...