Virgin Atlantic offer debut partnership with charities
The Airline, Virgin Atlantic, have announced that they will be supporting and working closely with two charities over the next three years in first time efforts to raise money for needy causes, with the help of travellers on their Caribbean flights.
The airline which is known for its long haul routes to luxury destinations including Caribbean flights and flights to the U.S.A, Asia, and the Pacific, will be collaborating with The Travel Foundation and Change for Children charities.
Airline crew will be collecting money from passengers onboard flights to various destinations, which will help the Change for Children charity by supporting communities in Kenya, India, China and the Caribbean. The Travel Foundation is an independent charity in the UK which enables the travel industry to manage and take action towards sustainable tourism.
The money which donated onboard by travellers on Caribbean holidays or business trips will go towards helping towards a number of schemes in the Caribbean in a bid to help islands residents benefit from tourism and environmental protection. These projects include St Lucia and Tobago fish farming, honey production plants in Jamaica, and environmental waste management projects in Barbados.
Julie Southern, from Virgin Atlantic, said:
"As a long-haul airline flying around 800,000 passengers to the Caribbean each year we feel we have a responsibility to support sustainable tourism and provide opportunities for local people through these initiatives. Sustainability is about reducing the environmental impacts of our business as well as supporting the communities in which we operate. Through this partnership we can help young people really change their lives as well as helping to shape a sustainable future for the islands we are so proud to serve."
The Chief Executive of The Travel Foundation, Sue Hurdle, said:
"Tourism is vitally important to people in the Caribbean. Many depend on it for their livelihoods and for the future of their communities. So we're delighted that Virgin Atlantic has committed to a three-year programme with the Travel Foundation which will help local people to benefit from the opportunities that tourism can bring."
Virgin Atlantic provides millions of travellers each year with flights to their holiday destinations, whether they are on Caribbean flights and Caribbean holidays with routes to St. Lucia, Tobago, Cuba, Antigua and Jamaica, or if they are on long haul flights to New York, Boston, Las Vegas, and Orlando. This is the first time that the airline has joined partnerships with charities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...