Egypt to host the 2010 Arab Tourism Forum
The future of Middle East hotels, luxury holidays, and businesses within the region's travel and tourism industry will be the main topics of discussion at The Arab Tourism Forum due to be held in May this year.
The second largest city in Egypt, Alexandria, has been selected "The Arab Capital for Tourism for 2010" and will host the The Arab Tourism Forum at one of the most luxury Middle East hotels, the Hilton Green Plaza, Alexandria, from May 15 – 17, 2010.
As the world slowly recovers from the effects of the recession, which still continues in many areas, the forum will discuss the future of luxury hotels, luxury holidays, Middle East hotels, and how to boost and sustain tourism across Arab countries.
Tourism is a vital contributing factor of the economy for many Middle East countries including Egypt, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharm el Sheikh. With recent drastic economic changes, The Arab Forum is expected to provide a strategic platform for existing and new travel industry leader enabling them to meet, develop new relationships and discuss the key issues.
Many Arab leaders and experts within the travel and tourism industry will meet with owners of companies in the sector from all over the Middle East to discuss these issues and hopefully provide solutions.
Over recent years, luxury holidays and bookings at luxury Middle East hotels have risen and the countries are now considered tourist destinations as well as business destinations for many visitors from all over the world.
Alexandria is considered a destination for intelligence, enlightenment, and guidance and by holding the event in this city, it is hoped that it will invite a fresh, open, and creative way of thinking to help companies work together in boosting Arab tourism.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
This boutique Nile Cruise combines old-world charm and sophistication with the luxury of modern amenities.
- With a limited number of suites and cabins this cruise offers an intimate and exclusive atmosphere of personal service and refined hospitality
- Unwind at the open-air oriental style Jacuzzi or chill in the elegant lounge
- Work on your tan from the spacious, scenic deck as you see 5,000 years of history unfold
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...