Egypt to host the 2010 Arab Tourism Forum
The future of Middle East hotels, luxury holidays, and businesses within the region's travel and tourism industry will be the main topics of discussion at The Arab Tourism Forum due to be held in May this year.
The second largest city in Egypt, Alexandria, has been selected "The Arab Capital for Tourism for 2010" and will host the The Arab Tourism Forum at one of the most luxury Middle East hotels, the Hilton Green Plaza, Alexandria, from May 15 – 17, 2010.
As the world slowly recovers from the effects of the recession, which still continues in many areas, the forum will discuss the future of luxury hotels, luxury holidays, Middle East hotels, and how to boost and sustain tourism across Arab countries.
Tourism is a vital contributing factor of the economy for many Middle East countries including Egypt, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharm el Sheikh. With recent drastic economic changes, The Arab Forum is expected to provide a strategic platform for existing and new travel industry leader enabling them to meet, develop new relationships and discuss the key issues.
Many Arab leaders and experts within the travel and tourism industry will meet with owners of companies in the sector from all over the Middle East to discuss these issues and hopefully provide solutions.
Over recent years, luxury holidays and bookings at luxury Middle East hotels have risen and the countries are now considered tourist destinations as well as business destinations for many visitors from all over the world.
Alexandria is considered a destination for intelligence, enlightenment, and guidance and by holding the event in this city, it is hoped that it will invite a fresh, open, and creative way of thinking to help companies work together in boosting Arab tourism.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...