Egypt to host the 2010 Arab Tourism Forum
The future of Middle East hotels, luxury holidays, and businesses within the region's travel and tourism industry will be the main topics of discussion at The Arab Tourism Forum due to be held in May this year.
The second largest city in Egypt, Alexandria, has been selected "The Arab Capital for Tourism for 2010" and will host the The Arab Tourism Forum at one of the most luxury Middle East hotels, the Hilton Green Plaza, Alexandria, from May 15 – 17, 2010.
As the world slowly recovers from the effects of the recession, which still continues in many areas, the forum will discuss the future of luxury hotels, luxury holidays, Middle East hotels, and how to boost and sustain tourism across Arab countries.
Tourism is a vital contributing factor of the economy for many Middle East countries including Egypt, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharm el Sheikh. With recent drastic economic changes, The Arab Forum is expected to provide a strategic platform for existing and new travel industry leader enabling them to meet, develop new relationships and discuss the key issues.
Many Arab leaders and experts within the travel and tourism industry will meet with owners of companies in the sector from all over the Middle East to discuss these issues and hopefully provide solutions.
Over recent years, luxury holidays and bookings at luxury Middle East hotels have risen and the countries are now considered tourist destinations as well as business destinations for many visitors from all over the world.
Alexandria is considered a destination for intelligence, enlightenment, and guidance and by holding the event in this city, it is hoped that it will invite a fresh, open, and creative way of thinking to help companies work together in boosting Arab tourism.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...