Grenada holidays are awarded Green Globe Certification at one of its hotels
For its commitment to operating at the world's highest environmental standards, Grenada's luxurious Spice Island Beach Resort has been awarded with the coveted Green Globe Certification Award and stands as Grenada's first hotel to receive such honour
- Use of solar rooftop heaters for all hot water needs.
- Use of energy-efficient, compact fluorescent bulbs throughout the property.
- Outside lights on timers.
- Turning off air conditioners when rooms aren't occupied
- Utilising water from the sea (during the dry season) through an on-property desalinisation plant
- Purification of the main swimming pool and private pools in the Anthurium, Luxury Almond and Royal Collection Suites by the chemical-free Auto Pilot system, which uses salt as opposed to chlorine (the resort has converted more than 295,000 gallons of water).
- Composting and maintenance of a vegetable and herb garden that supplies the kitchen with fresh ingredients.
- Water and electricity meter readings conducted daily and communicated at morning meetings.
- Use of recycled printer cartridges.
- Use of 100% post consumer paper for company letterheads and envelopes.
- 1.5 gpm aerators installed on all taps in the bathrooms and on some kitchen sinks.
- Reuse of office paper for internal printing and old towels as kitchen and housekeeping washcloths.
- Use of environmentally-friendly cleaning products (non-toxic and phosphate-free).
- Purchase of fresh fruits and vegetables grown locally and organically.
- Purchase of energy-efficient electrical appliances and water conservation devices.
- Incorporation of native plants into the landscaping and replanting of trees
- Placement of garbage containers on Grand Anse Beach and clean-ups of reefs and the surrounding Mourne Rouge area.
- Empowering each employee as an "Environmental Agent" by providing them with the necessary training and education on the resort's environmental practices, policies and objectives. The resort also has a Green Team comprised of staff supervisors and managers to oversee and implement the environmental program.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Spice Island Beach Resort Browse all
Enjoy spectacular views of sparkling water and the lush beauty of Grenada
- Discover the Isle of Spice with The Spice Island Beach Resort sale! Save £400 per person!
- Non-motorized water sports including Hobie-cats, snorkeling and kayaks
- Spice Island Beach Resort offers a luxury holiday experience, perfect for a relaxing honeymoon or a romantic island wedding
- The Resort is located just 10 minutes from the airport on world-famous Grand Anse Beach