More to Cuba than sun and beaches
As the UK snowy winter weather continues, many travellers are keen to escape the subzero temperatures and start booking their sunny escapes with Cuba holidays being amongst some of the most popular getaways for 2010.
Located in the northern Caribbean Sea in the confluence of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Cuba is a group of stunning tropical islands full of culture and diversity. The number of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba is set to increase this year if the U.S congress agrees to lift the ban on American citizens visiting the region.
As well as miles of stunning tropical beaches, Cuba is full of history, traditions, and Spanish colonial architecture making it a perfect destination for travellers on Cuba holidays. The mainland region of Cuba has lots to offer visitors including excursions to the country's bustling capital city, Havana; diving trips around the stunning coastline and corals reefs; or relaxing on one of the island's many white sandy beaches.
Varadero holidays have increased considerably over recent months, particularly with Canadian visitors. With over 50 Cuba hotels, 20km of unbroken pristine beaches and a variety of upmarket restaurants and vibrant nightlife, it's no wonder that a large number of British, Australian and Canadian travellers visit this resort type region.
Matanzas, nicknamed the "Venice of Cuba" is also a favourite hotspot for Cuba holidays visitors. Located on the north shore of Cuba, the city has three rivers with 17 bridges and is rich in culture and arts with an array of museums and theatres available. With a tropical climate, friendly locals, an evident relaxing lifestyle, and a wealth of sights and attractions across the mainland and throughout the scattering of surrounding islands, Cuba tourism numbers look set to vastly increase over the next few years which is good news for local businesses within the travel sector.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...