More to Cuba than sun and beaches
As the UK snowy winter weather continues, many travellers are keen to escape the subzero temperatures and start booking their sunny escapes with Cuba holidays being amongst some of the most popular getaways for 2010.
Located in the northern Caribbean Sea in the confluence of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Cuba is a group of stunning tropical islands full of culture and diversity. The number of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba is set to increase this year if the U.S congress agrees to lift the ban on American citizens visiting the region.
As well as miles of stunning tropical beaches, Cuba is full of history, traditions, and Spanish colonial architecture making it a perfect destination for travellers on Cuba holidays. The mainland region of Cuba has lots to offer visitors including excursions to the country's bustling capital city, Havana; diving trips around the stunning coastline and corals reefs; or relaxing on one of the island's many white sandy beaches.
Varadero holidays have increased considerably over recent months, particularly with Canadian visitors. With over 50 Cuba hotels, 20km of unbroken pristine beaches and a variety of upmarket restaurants and vibrant nightlife, it's no wonder that a large number of British, Australian and Canadian travellers visit this resort type region.
Matanzas, nicknamed the "Venice of Cuba" is also a favourite hotspot for Cuba holidays visitors. Located on the north shore of Cuba, the city has three rivers with 17 bridges and is rich in culture and arts with an array of museums and theatres available. With a tropical climate, friendly locals, an evident relaxing lifestyle, and a wealth of sights and attractions across the mainland and throughout the scattering of surrounding islands, Cuba tourism numbers look set to vastly increase over the next few years which is good news for local businesses within the travel sector.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...