More to Cuba than sun and beaches
As the UK snowy winter weather continues, many travellers are keen to escape the subzero temperatures and start booking their sunny escapes with Cuba holidays being amongst some of the most popular getaways for 2010.
Located in the northern Caribbean Sea in the confluence of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Cuba is a group of stunning tropical islands full of culture and diversity. The number of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba is set to increase this year if the U.S congress agrees to lift the ban on American citizens visiting the region.
As well as miles of stunning tropical beaches, Cuba is full of history, traditions, and Spanish colonial architecture making it a perfect destination for travellers on Cuba holidays. The mainland region of Cuba has lots to offer visitors including excursions to the country's bustling capital city, Havana; diving trips around the stunning coastline and corals reefs; or relaxing on one of the island's many white sandy beaches.
Varadero holidays have increased considerably over recent months, particularly with Canadian visitors. With over 50 Cuba hotels, 20km of unbroken pristine beaches and a variety of upmarket restaurants and vibrant nightlife, it's no wonder that a large number of British, Australian and Canadian travellers visit this resort type region.
Matanzas, nicknamed the "Venice of Cuba" is also a favourite hotspot for Cuba holidays visitors. Located on the north shore of Cuba, the city has three rivers with 17 bridges and is rich in culture and arts with an array of museums and theatres available. With a tropical climate, friendly locals, an evident relaxing lifestyle, and a wealth of sights and attractions across the mainland and throughout the scattering of surrounding islands, Cuba tourism numbers look set to vastly increase over the next few years which is good news for local businesses within the travel sector.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...