More to Cuba than sun and beaches
As the UK snowy winter weather continues, many travellers are keen to escape the subzero temperatures and start booking their sunny escapes with Cuba holidays being amongst some of the most popular getaways for 2010.
Located in the northern Caribbean Sea in the confluence of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Cuba is a group of stunning tropical islands full of culture and diversity. The number of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba is set to increase this year if the U.S congress agrees to lift the ban on American citizens visiting the region.
As well as miles of stunning tropical beaches, Cuba is full of history, traditions, and Spanish colonial architecture making it a perfect destination for travellers on Cuba holidays. The mainland region of Cuba has lots to offer visitors including excursions to the country's bustling capital city, Havana; diving trips around the stunning coastline and corals reefs; or relaxing on one of the island's many white sandy beaches.
Varadero holidays have increased considerably over recent months, particularly with Canadian visitors. With over 50 Cuba hotels, 20km of unbroken pristine beaches and a variety of upmarket restaurants and vibrant nightlife, it's no wonder that a large number of British, Australian and Canadian travellers visit this resort type region.
Matanzas, nicknamed the "Venice of Cuba" is also a favourite hotspot for Cuba holidays visitors. Located on the north shore of Cuba, the city has three rivers with 17 bridges and is rich in culture and arts with an array of museums and theatres available. With a tropical climate, friendly locals, an evident relaxing lifestyle, and a wealth of sights and attractions across the mainland and throughout the scattering of surrounding islands, Cuba tourism numbers look set to vastly increase over the next few years which is good news for local businesses within the travel sector.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...