Eco Team introduce new Sri Lanka day tours for holiday makers
Eco Team have introduced a range of new Sri Lanka Day Tours to the Indian Ocean Island in a bid to enhance tourism to the area whilst providing eco friendly excursions for visitors who are taking shorter Sri Lanka holidays.
Eco Team are the largest eco and tourism adventure tourism provider in Sri Lanka and provide a wide range of Sri Lanka tours, excursions and activities within the nature and adventure sector for travellers on holidays in Sri Lanka.
The new day tours are aimed at visitors on shorter Sri Lanka holidays such as business trips or short holidays, and offer a range of shorter tours (usually one day tours) for travellers who are keen to explore the stunning surroundings or take part in adventure activities.
Activities organised by Eco Team include white water rafting, whale and dolphin watching, surfing, rainforest excursions, fishing, canoeing, diving, wildlife and river safaris, cycling tours, trekking, rainforest explorations, caving and rock climbing.
Faizer Mustapha, Minister of Tourism Promotion, said:
"It is indeed encouraging to note that the industry is gearing up to the challenge to meet Sri Lanka's tourism goals. Sri Lanka Day Tours is a comprehensive set of programmes, and I believe it would add colour and vigour to Sri Lanka Tourism."
After undergoing a complete rebranding campaign and image change last year, Sri Lanka is keen to boost tourism in the region. With a view to attract 2.5 million tourists to the region by 2016, the efforts of Eco Team have been welcomed by officials.
Eco Team CEO, Anuruddha Bandara, said:
"We applaud such enthusiasm and optimism. Encouraged by all the renewed vigour, we have ventured out to present a new product to Sri Lanka with Sri Lanka Day Tours. This will also largely contribute to community tourism development, as most of these tours depend on community based expertise, in the delivery process."
The Sri Lanka Day Tours will be marketed with the help of hotels and tour operators throughout the region and there will be a range of readymade activities in locations across the island for travellers on Sri Lanka holidays to choose from.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Take advantage of this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...