Record number of Canadian holiday makers expected in Cuba
The number of Canadian visitors taking Cuba holidays is expected to reach record breaking figures this winter as new airlines add more flights to the region, and one million travellers expected to arrive on the sunny island.
Up and coming tourist destination, Varadero, is expecting a record number of Canadian visitors to take Cuba holidays over the coming winter months.
During the first eight months of this year, Cuba has seen 800,000 visitors taking holidays in Cuba; this is the same amount of visitors who travelled to Cuba during the entire year of 2008.
Jesus Garcia from the Cuba Tourist Board in Toronto said:
"Our goal to reach one million in 2010 is not that much of a stretch. Cuba is known in Canada. We have the capacity, the market and the flights."
With so much to see and do in the stunning region, Canadians enjoy Cuba holidays and nearby Mexico holidays as their favourite Caribbean holiday breaks.
Canadian low cost airline, WestJet, have recently begun operating a number of flights taking passengers on their Cuba holidays and now with six Canadian carriers in total flying to the ten international airports in Cuba, the region expects to receive an influx in visitors.
The seaside resort of Varadero is amongst the most popular destinations in Cuba for Canadian travellers and is home to an array of exquisite restaurants, vibrant bars, luxury Cuba hotels, and stunning scenery, perfect for travellers looking for all inclusive holidays.
Reasons why Canadians continue to return to the picturesque island include the friendliness of the local Cubans, followed by the region's safety aspects, cleanliness and adequate health services.
With U.S legislation currently banning U.S travellers from freely visiting Cuba, Canadians currently have the advantage and luxury of space away from large crowds of American visitors. However, proposals were put forward earlier this year for the 47-year long ban to be lifted, and if granted, Cuba will no doubt be expecting another flurry of excited visitors taking long-awaited Cuba holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...