Record number of Canadian holiday makers expected in Cuba
The number of Canadian visitors taking Cuba holidays is expected to reach record breaking figures this winter as new airlines add more flights to the region, and one million travellers expected to arrive on the sunny island.
Up and coming tourist destination, Varadero, is expecting a record number of Canadian visitors to take Cuba holidays over the coming winter months.
During the first eight months of this year, Cuba has seen 800,000 visitors taking holidays in Cuba; this is the same amount of visitors who travelled to Cuba during the entire year of 2008.
Jesus Garcia from the Cuba Tourist Board in Toronto said:
"Our goal to reach one million in 2010 is not that much of a stretch. Cuba is known in Canada. We have the capacity, the market and the flights."
With so much to see and do in the stunning region, Canadians enjoy Cuba holidays and nearby Mexico holidays as their favourite Caribbean holiday breaks.
Canadian low cost airline, WestJet, have recently begun operating a number of flights taking passengers on their Cuba holidays and now with six Canadian carriers in total flying to the ten international airports in Cuba, the region expects to receive an influx in visitors.
The seaside resort of Varadero is amongst the most popular destinations in Cuba for Canadian travellers and is home to an array of exquisite restaurants, vibrant bars, luxury Cuba hotels, and stunning scenery, perfect for travellers looking for all inclusive holidays.
Reasons why Canadians continue to return to the picturesque island include the friendliness of the local Cubans, followed by the region's safety aspects, cleanliness and adequate health services.
With U.S legislation currently banning U.S travellers from freely visiting Cuba, Canadians currently have the advantage and luxury of space away from large crowds of American visitors. However, proposals were put forward earlier this year for the 47-year long ban to be lifted, and if granted, Cuba will no doubt be expecting another flurry of excited visitors taking long-awaited Cuba holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...