Record number of Canadian holiday makers expected in Cuba
The number of Canadian visitors taking Cuba holidays is expected to reach record breaking figures this winter as new airlines add more flights to the region, and one million travellers expected to arrive on the sunny island.
Up and coming tourist destination, Varadero, is expecting a record number of Canadian visitors to take Cuba holidays over the coming winter months.
During the first eight months of this year, Cuba has seen 800,000 visitors taking holidays in Cuba; this is the same amount of visitors who travelled to Cuba during the entire year of 2008.
Jesus Garcia from the Cuba Tourist Board in Toronto said:
"Our goal to reach one million in 2010 is not that much of a stretch. Cuba is known in Canada. We have the capacity, the market and the flights."
With so much to see and do in the stunning region, Canadians enjoy Cuba holidays and nearby Mexico holidays as their favourite Caribbean holiday breaks.
Canadian low cost airline, WestJet, have recently begun operating a number of flights taking passengers on their Cuba holidays and now with six Canadian carriers in total flying to the ten international airports in Cuba, the region expects to receive an influx in visitors.
The seaside resort of Varadero is amongst the most popular destinations in Cuba for Canadian travellers and is home to an array of exquisite restaurants, vibrant bars, luxury Cuba hotels, and stunning scenery, perfect for travellers looking for all inclusive holidays.
Reasons why Canadians continue to return to the picturesque island include the friendliness of the local Cubans, followed by the region's safety aspects, cleanliness and adequate health services.
With U.S legislation currently banning U.S travellers from freely visiting Cuba, Canadians currently have the advantage and luxury of space away from large crowds of American visitors. However, proposals were put forward earlier this year for the 47-year long ban to be lifted, and if granted, Cuba will no doubt be expecting another flurry of excited visitors taking long-awaited Cuba holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...