Record number of Canadian holiday makers expected in Cuba
The number of Canadian visitors taking Cuba holidays is expected to reach record breaking figures this winter as new airlines add more flights to the region, and one million travellers expected to arrive on the sunny island.
Up and coming tourist destination, Varadero, is expecting a record number of Canadian visitors to take Cuba holidays over the coming winter months.
During the first eight months of this year, Cuba has seen 800,000 visitors taking holidays in Cuba; this is the same amount of visitors who travelled to Cuba during the entire year of 2008.
Jesus Garcia from the Cuba Tourist Board in Toronto said:
"Our goal to reach one million in 2010 is not that much of a stretch. Cuba is known in Canada. We have the capacity, the market and the flights."
With so much to see and do in the stunning region, Canadians enjoy Cuba holidays and nearby Mexico holidays as their favourite Caribbean holiday breaks.
Canadian low cost airline, WestJet, have recently begun operating a number of flights taking passengers on their Cuba holidays and now with six Canadian carriers in total flying to the ten international airports in Cuba, the region expects to receive an influx in visitors.
The seaside resort of Varadero is amongst the most popular destinations in Cuba for Canadian travellers and is home to an array of exquisite restaurants, vibrant bars, luxury Cuba hotels, and stunning scenery, perfect for travellers looking for all inclusive holidays.
Reasons why Canadians continue to return to the picturesque island include the friendliness of the local Cubans, followed by the region's safety aspects, cleanliness and adequate health services.
With U.S legislation currently banning U.S travellers from freely visiting Cuba, Canadians currently have the advantage and luxury of space away from large crowds of American visitors. However, proposals were put forward earlier this year for the 47-year long ban to be lifted, and if granted, Cuba will no doubt be expecting another flurry of excited visitors taking long-awaited Cuba holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...