Record number of Canadian holiday makers expected in Cuba
The number of Canadian visitors taking Cuba holidays is expected to reach record breaking figures this winter as new airlines add more flights to the region, and one million travellers expected to arrive on the sunny island.
Up and coming tourist destination, Varadero, is expecting a record number of Canadian visitors to take Cuba holidays over the coming winter months.
During the first eight months of this year, Cuba has seen 800,000 visitors taking holidays in Cuba; this is the same amount of visitors who travelled to Cuba during the entire year of 2008.
Jesus Garcia from the Cuba Tourist Board in Toronto said:
"Our goal to reach one million in 2010 is not that much of a stretch. Cuba is known in Canada. We have the capacity, the market and the flights."
With so much to see and do in the stunning region, Canadians enjoy Cuba holidays and nearby Mexico holidays as their favourite Caribbean holiday breaks.
Canadian low cost airline, WestJet, have recently begun operating a number of flights taking passengers on their Cuba holidays and now with six Canadian carriers in total flying to the ten international airports in Cuba, the region expects to receive an influx in visitors.
The seaside resort of Varadero is amongst the most popular destinations in Cuba for Canadian travellers and is home to an array of exquisite restaurants, vibrant bars, luxury Cuba hotels, and stunning scenery, perfect for travellers looking for all inclusive holidays.
Reasons why Canadians continue to return to the picturesque island include the friendliness of the local Cubans, followed by the region's safety aspects, cleanliness and adequate health services.
With U.S legislation currently banning U.S travellers from freely visiting Cuba, Canadians currently have the advantage and luxury of space away from large crowds of American visitors. However, proposals were put forward earlier this year for the 47-year long ban to be lifted, and if granted, Cuba will no doubt be expecting another flurry of excited visitors taking long-awaited Cuba holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...